A Few Random Thoughts ... (a Tribute to Dick Juron)

CSBill

Just a few thoughts about the game and the Bills

1 – Watching Gillislee, WHY? WHY? WHY? Did he not start against the 31st ranked run defense in the league last week (that is the loss the hurt, way more than today’s).

2 – Gilmore is bad! ... I know, “Thank You, Captain Obvious!”

3 – Speaking of bad, how about our Defense? ... Let’s see, the D gets blown out two weeks in a row now, the Special Teams Coach will be fired this week.

4 – Speaking of Special Teams ... Why is Reggie Bush on the Kick Return team? He makes such bad decisions, but he makes up for it with his slow speed.

5 – Back to the Defense, how many times did they convert 3rd downs when the game was still a game.

6 – Weren’t we saying in the Pre-Season that this team had a glutton of Wide Receivers? Where did they go?

7 – The Karma of these two organizations was never so obvious than in the last 40 seconds of the first half: One field goal clunks off the pole, the other team moves 35 yards, and their kick hits the upright and goes through. ... The game was over right there.

8 – The contrast and lack of good coaching (and onfield leadership) and mental acumen was never so obvious when watching Brady hustle his team to the line and calling a play when he saw the Bills are trying to bring a Defensive substitute. Tyrod seems to hold up the plays so the other team can get their guys in. ... That is the difference between a great coach, and whatever it is we have.

9 – On the positive side, we did rush for something like 160+ yards today. ... Is there a more meaningless stat in Week 8 of the NFL than that?

10 – Josh McDaniels for Head Coach ????

Edited by CSBill

1 Watching Gillislee, WHY? WHY? WHY? Did he not start against the 31st ranked run defense in the league last week (that is the loss the hurt, way more than todays).

2 Gilmore is bad! ... I know, Thank You, Captain Obvious!

3 Speaking of bad, how about our Defense? ... Lets see, the D gets blown out two weeks in a row now, the Special Teams Coach will be fired this week.

4 Speaking of Special Teams ... Why is Reggie Bush on the Kick Return team? He makes such bad decisions, but he makes up for it with his slow speed.

5 Back to the Defense, how many times did they convert 3rd downs when the game was still a game.

6 Werent we saying in the Pre-Season that this team had a glutton of Wide Receivers? Where did they go?

7 The Karma of these two organizations was never so obvious than in the last 40 seconds of the first half: One field goal clunks off the pole, the other team moves 35 yards, and their kick hits the upright and goes through. ... The game was over right there.

8 The lack of mental acumen was never so obvious in watching Brady hustle his team to the line and calling a play when he sees the Bills are trying to bring a Defensive substitute. Tyrod seems to hold up the plays so the other team can get their guys in. ... That is the difference between a great coach, and whatever it is we have.

9 On the positive side, we did rush for something like 160+ yards today. ... Is there a more meaningless stat in Week 8 of the NFL than that?

10 Josh McDaniels for Head Coach ????

Reference 6. Inaccurate QB play ends up getting Receivers hurt

1 Watching Gillislee, WHY? WHY? WHY? Did he not start against the 31st ranked run defense in the league last week (that is the loss the hurt, way more than todays).

2 Gilmore is bad! ... I know, Thank You, Captain Obvious!

3 Speaking of bad, how about our Defense? ... Lets see, the D gets blown out two weeks in a row now, the Special Teams Coach will be fired this week.

4 Speaking of Special Teams ... Why is Reggie Bush on the Kick Return team? He makes such bad decisions, but he makes up for it with his slow speed.

5 Back to the Defense, how many times did they convert 3rd downs when the game was still a game.

6 Werent we saying in the Pre-Season that this team had a glutton of Wide Receivers? Where did they go?

7 The Karma of these two organizations was never so obvious than in the last 40 seconds of the first half: One field goal clunks off the pole, the other team moves 35 yards, and their kick hits the upright and goes through. ... The game was over right there.

8 The lack of mental acumen was never so obvious in watching Brady hustle his team to the line and calling a play when he sees the Bills are trying to bring a Defensive substitute. Tyrod seems to hold up the plays so the other team can get their guys in. ... That is the difference between a great coach, and whatever it is we have.

9 On the positive side, we did rush for something like 160+ yards today. ... Is there a more meaningless stat in Week 8 of the NFL than that?

10 Josh McDaniels for Head Coach ????

#1 bothers me the most. Terrible coaching on that series of events. Geepers we could have avoided that stinging loss if with just ran him in the 2nd half!

I do not need an Ivy League education to pontificate that "it's hard to win in the NFL", no more than I need a Syracuse education to state the "Obvious", even that Harvard masters degree, in English History, to rally our team "when it's too tough for them, it's just right for us."

For I have the coach that I think we deserve. A coach who curses, and talks a good game. He is backed by a GM known for his email prowess, who was taught by the previous GM how to "catfish". For we are the Buffalo Bills. With a stadium built on sacred ground. Our sixteen year drought has gotten many down. But I encourage you not to lose faith, nor fear the coming winters snow. Our playoffless streak has got some feeling bleak. Now is the time to close, for my prose is being exposed. Guess I'll need those fancy degrees after all, back to college next fall.

I do not need an Ivy League education to pontificate that "it's hard to win in the NFL", no more than I need a Syracuse education to state the "Obvious", even that Harvard masters degree, in English History, to rally our team "when it's too tough for them, it's just right for us."

For I have the coach that I think we deserve. A coach who curses, and talks a good game. He is backed by a GM known for his email prowess, who was taught by the previous GM how to "catfish". For we are the Buffalo Bills. With a stadium built on sacred ground. Our sixteen year drought has gotten many down. But I encourage you not to lose faith, nor fear the coming winters snow. Our playoffless streak has got some feeling bleak. Now is the time to close, for my prose is being exposed. Guess I'll need those fancy degrees after all, back to college next fall.

Solid philosophical and metaphysical take. So you are saying the meaning of life does have something to do with the Buffalo Bills? Furthermore, are you asserting that this pigskin curse is related to the burial grounds and the disruption of some eternal spirits, or is it just little Doug Flutie's hex and revenge for being benched in the Throwback game? As a fan, I have always operated and lived by the Flutie curse motif. Is it time to deconstruct that assumption? Or, maybe it really just is "hard to win in the NFL"?

1 – Watching Gillislee, WHY? WHY? WHY? Did he not start against the 31st ranked run defense in the league last week (that is the loss the hurt, way more than today’s).

3 – Speaking of bad, how about our Defense? ... Let’s see, the D gets blown out two weeks in a row now, the Special Teams Coach will be fired this week.

4 – Speaking of Special Teams ... Why is Reggie Bush on the Kick Return team? He makes such bad decisions, but he makes up for it with his slow speed.

5 – Back to the Defense, how many times did they convert 3rd downs when the game was still a game.

6 – Weren’t we saying in the Pre-Season that this team had a glutton of Wide Receivers? Where did they go?

7 – The Karma of these two organizations was never so obvious than in the last 40 seconds of the first half: One field goal clunks off the pole, the other team moves 35 yards, and their kick hits the upright and goes through. ... The game was over right there.

8 – The contrast and lack of good coaching (and onfield leadership) and mental acumen was never so obvious when watching Brady hustle his team to the line and calling a play when he saw the Bills are trying to bring a Defensive substitute. Tyrod seems to hold up the plays so the other team can get their guys in. ... That is the difference between a great coach, and whatever it is we have.

9 – On the positive side, we did rush for something like 160+ yards today. ... Is there a more meaningless stat in Week 8 of the NFL than that?

what exactly refers to Jauron?

I think it was just a general reference to classic Bills suck.

:thumbsup:

I think this post is brilliant and has Jauron all over it. See point # 8.

He was the 2nd worst Head Coach this team ever had. He was so far behind in his on field organization vs Belicheat.

Remember the fight he had Vince Wilfork start just before half time on the Pats 3 yard line and we took the bait and ran out of time so we never scored a FG or tried for a touchdown as we didn't call a timeout of throw an incomplete pass to stop the clock.

Belicheat laughed as he jogged to the exit (same end of the field) and Jauron quietly stopped and asked the ref politely about the clock running. The fans booed Jauron for being an idiot and Jauron still doesn't get it.

not defending DJ. But he was a consistent 7-9. Granted staying awake durng his era was tough at the time. But they played for him and his sad ass schemes.

Fast forward too the "new era" largest coaching staff in the NFL. Roman was the highest paid OC in the league. and still enjoys paydays from the team. Since he was the scapegoat. Rex his blowhard attitude his brother amd their salary's are huge. their coaching flat out blows. Then we have the great Doug Whaley who built this awesome roster. Results? 8-8 last year. This year they may struggle to meet the very definition of mediocrity.

Yea boy the Jauron era was horrible compared too the massive success the Bills enjoy now. And what a defense! Good thing we never let that guy out of the room. Enjoy.

Continuity Now!!! It's a new era we have only missed the playoffs once during this amazing turnaround.

Edited by Best Player Available

Reference 6. Inaccurate QB play ends up getting Receivers hurt

Not just inaccurate, but bad decisions. He throws to receivers that have a freight train heading their way far too often.

Reference 4: Bush is returning kicks because the Bills can't afford to get any more WRs or RBs hurt.

So now we blame Tyrod for Watkins foot injury. And Clays Knee Injuries. And McCoys Hamstring. Probably had something to do with Dareus too...

Don''t forget Woods' foot, Shaq's shoulder, Ragland's knee while we're at it. Tyrod got Kyle Williams hurt last year and bought Karlos the weed and Big Macs too.

So now we blame Tyrod for Watkins foot injury. And Clays Knee Injuries. And McCoys Hamstring. Probably had something to do with Dareus too...

Did i say that? Just said a fact, inaccurate QBs lead to injured Receivers. Instead if being sarcastic so me where i am wrong. Edited by MAJBobby

7: Gostkowski also kicked into the wind. I also knew the game was over at that point.

Everything just seems to go to the patriots* way. It's like they sold her soul.

Everything seems to go their way because of far better coaching, one of the best if not the best QB of all time, far better front office, and better players in general (due largely to the FO). It sucks, but NE is just the better team in every way except for fan base (I mean, how many teams have a fan throw a dildo onto the field or body slam other fans through flaming tables, of drink alcohol out of a girls ... well, you know! ;) Or continue to buy season tickets and merch when the team has sucked for most of their lives? ). Noone without their Bills homer glasses on expected anything different. It is what it is, on to the Seahawks.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I agree with just about everything you said here. I do feel like our defense applied pretty solid pressure on Brady but it didn't seem to matter because our DB's couldn't watch their guys even when we got to him. We also did a decent job against the run; not like last week. I feel that Rex does try to out smart opponents defensively and just the opposite happens, his teams get out smarted. I loved Swartz because he let the guys pin their ears back and play and react. Defensive guys will always say they would rather be athletic and reactors and not out their overthinking. We seem to get beat in the back end a lot because someone misses an assignment, it happened last week too. I even remember Rex putting blame on himself in week one against the Ravens because the Raven scored on a missed assignment and he said the guy we brought in was only here for a short period of time and wasn't taught that particular scheme yet. The bottom line is were just not well coached. I am a big Whaley fan but sooner or later we need to find a wide out that is nasty and can stay healthy. These snowflakes who get hurt every other play need to find another team. Watkins is a rare talent so obviously he needs to stay but damn he needs to find a way to stay on the field too.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

Going to point 8. Two times we let the clock stop because of time (once because of the 2 minutes and once because of the end of the quarter) both times Tyrod stood there with his hands in his pockets, I get it that you're not going to snap it, but why not try to draw them offsides? A rush to the line hard count gets us a cheap 5 yards

Regarding point #3

I throw out the NE performance for hammering the D, they're just better than us. The front seven actually did a decent job stopping the run and pressuring Brady. Unfortunately he's kinda good.

The defense all year has been a bend/don't break D. Against Miami, they were on the field way too much (plus heat) leading to Miami to pull away in the 4th. THey played alright leading up to that point.

I blame the Miami loss 100% on the Bills refusal to commit to the run. This would have shortened the game and kept our D more fresh (remember the Bills had a 2-score lead in the second half)