Gilmore needs to go

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the one where the guy stops in the middle of the play to scold another guy for not bailing him out qualifies as selfish in my book.

Sure because he would have made a play right? No really wouldnt have would he he was a good two yards off

Edited by MAJBobby

Sure because he would have made a play right? No really wouldnt have would he he was a good two yards off

Yeah but having played a bunch of sports, lack of effort is always something that irks me. Getting fired up is fine, but not running out a grounder or fly ball shows me you're just in it for yourself. I doubt he would've caught up to him, nor would it have mattered if he did, but i can't stand someone quitting on a play.

Yeah but having played a bunch of sports, lack of effort is always something that irks me. Getting fired up is fine, but not running out a grounder or fly ball shows me you're just in it for yourself. I doubt he would've caught up to him, nor would it have mattered if he did, but i can't stand someone quitting on a play.

I get that, but to me that just doesnt bother me as much as playing bad does. IE Darby burnt a play before.

The Anti-Gilmore brigade has been around since he slighted the Bills (in their mind) at the Draft when he didn't jump for joy about being drafted by them

Yeah, really Hmmm Brady has the biggest mouth in the NFL. been cut yet?

Gilmore would be given a lot more leeway if he delivered on his promise. He has looked occasionally brilliant but frequently in lacking effort/smarts/instincts.

The issue is not whether he is a good CB. He undoubtedly is. But he does not consistently perform on the field to deserve a top-5 or even top-10 contract. Much as the Bills did with Jairus Byrd, Levitre, they will set a value for his services in a take-it or leave it offer.

I get that, but to me that just doesnt bother me as much as playing bad does. IE Darby burnt a play before.

Darby isnt nearly as bad as you make him out to be. His rookie year was very good. This year he has performed at a lower level, but so has the defense as a whole notwithstanding some individual bright spots. Failure in the performance of the D (especially the secondary) needs to be monitored and likely another symptom of Ryan's over-thinking approach to coaching

Deliberately not giving effort isn't as bad as giving effort and failing?

Gilmore has been shying away from the more physical aspects of the position all season. On purpose. In the name of self-preservation. That is stiffing his teammates, coaches, and fans. And that's not as bad as a guy who gives 100% every play and fails occasionally? Really?

Gilmore would be given a lot more leeway if he delivered on his promise. He has looked occasionally brilliant but frequently in lacking effort/smarts/instincts.

The issue is not whether he is a good CB. He undoubtedly is. But he does not consistently perform on the field to deserve a top-5 or even top-10 contract. Much as the Bills did with Jairus Byrd, Levitre, they will set a value for his services in a take-it or leave it offer.

Darby isnt nearly as bad as you make him out to be. His rookie year was very good. This year he has performed at a lower level, but so has the defense as a whole notwithstanding some individual bright spots. Failure in the performance of the D (especially the secondary) needs to be monitored and likely another symptom of Ryan's over-thinking approach to coaching

Not making him bad. Just stating he is worse than Gilmore (true) and he was burt the play before (true)

Gilmore gets a mention in this week Shek Report. Can't find out when it was posted so it might have showed up either in the thread.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/the-shek-report/0ap3000000731916/The-Shek-Report-Week-8-Russell-Wil-Win

Nicely done. Gilmore, this clip should haunt you all offseason long as you try to find a sucker to give you that big contract.

He has shied away from tackles all season, last week against Miami he looked terrible on several occasions as he half pretended to stick his nose in only to step away before there was any contact to be made with Ajayi. He is a complete pansy. Everyone on here is talking about the play where he looked like an idiot pointing fingers on the bomb but how about when it was 3rd and 14 and Hogan faked him out of is jock and was completely wide open for a 16 yard gain. He made Hogan look like a #1 draft pick today. This kid has been a bum all year and I say that because he is suppose to be elite. He is far from elite and far from a guy who wants elite money. I hope Seymour is ready because Gilmore is not going to get paid superstar money and if the Bills do that they are crazy!

He has always done that. This is my main knock on him. I really wished who play over his head this season

Gilmore has been shying away from the more physical aspects of the position all season. On purpose. In the name of self-preservation. That is stiffing his teammates, coaches, and fans. And that's not as bad as a guy who gives 100% every play and fails occasionally? Really?

his whole career K-9. He plays his position and play call with discipline. But in the real world game, he needs to come off his man and make plays.

It simple to me. But i walk the street to my little job

Some players will not accept a complicated Ryan D . I like Gilmore and hope he has a good career after leaving here.

I honestly like Gilmore too. I recall draft night, and he did not looked too pleased. Maybe it was true then and true now

Good post. I found it interesting that Sal reported today that his contacts inside the organization are all acknowledging that Gilmore's been dogging it and bailing out on tackles to preserve himself for the next contract.

What does this do to morale? If this is such an open secret why is this guy still on the field? Something tells me that if Belichick was coaching him, he'd send Gilmore to the bench and set him straight. I wish Rex would make more decisions from strength rather than from desperation.

Good post. I found it interesting that Sal reported today that his contacts inside the organization are all acknowledging that Gilmore's been dogging it and bailing out on tackles to preserve himself for the next contract.

What does this do to morale? If this is such an open secret why is this guy still on the field? Something tells me that if Belichick was coaching him, he'd send Gilmore to the bench and set him straight. I wish Rex would make more decisions from strength rather than from desperation.

With no guaranteed money guess what just about everyone here would be doing the same thing dont kid yourself

First half bomb to Hogan and he's already pointing fingers of blame BEFORE the play is over.

Can't tackle.

Struggles in coverage.

Points fingers.

Can't get off my team fast enough.

He was probably right with the finger pointing. Remember, we are down three starting safeties in the last four offseasons. We still have not brought in quality safety help, despite the loss of Byrd, Searcy, and AWil. That is despite the emphasis on safety-smarts in Rex's defense.

this was/is my concern

He was probably right with the finger pointing. Remember, we are down three starting safeties in the last four offseasons. We still have not brought in quality safety help, despite the loss of Byrd, Searcy, and AWil. That is despite the emphasis on safety-smarts in Rex's defense.

I do not think there is blame to go around.

Blanton should be playing better imo, his experience says so. All the way back to high school. Corey White another versatile pick up.

Just has not gone as well as we have hoped.

and it really is significant AW not being on the field. Graham has his side to bark at and who now runs the "other" side? With AW out?

and yes that is how Rex and Thurman run the secondary, for those that do not know. Split the field and change the roles.

This is why the communication is so key from one side to the other. Not easy to play. But pretty darned good when it works.

But it is what it is. DW aint smart enough but IS athletic enough and Meeks is really just ST plus. Great hustle but cant call the D. look for Safetie (s) to be a priority in FA next season.

Gosh i hope Seymour develops or Bills might have to spend and or draft high at CB

Blame the Coaches for the way they Coach. It is not unfair.

Edited by 3rdand12

With no guaranteed money guess what just about everyone here would be doing the same thing dont kid yourself

So youre saying that Gilmore hasn't learned anything about how the Bills reward warriors who just shut up and play. Consider guys like Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Tyrod, Cordy Glenn, Hughes, Incog, Eric Wood, Aaron Williams - all just played out their contracts without tanking or sulking, and got rewarded with nice raises.

So youre saying that Gilmore hasn't learned anything about how the Bills reward warriors who just shut up and play. Consider guys like Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Tyrod, Cordy Glenn, Hughes, Incog, Eric Wood, Aaron Williams - all just played out their contracts without tanking or sulking, and got rewarded with nice raises.

I always play the game in front of me. the best i am able.

And players also leave for Nice Contracts, Byrd, Whitner, Clements, Searcy etc etc. He knows he likely easily gets a AVV of 11M a year with 40ish M guaranteed n open market, if he doesnt get hurt. So maybe he doesnt care if he stays in buffalo or not, and therefore will preserve his body to get the Big FA deal on exit. 90% of the people complaining about what he is doing would do the same exact thing.

He is in the same secondary as Aaron Williams who is done for the year because of Jarvis Landry. And sitting on no guaranteed money and you think for 1 second he is going to go ball out tackling (the time he has gotten hurt previous years)

Eventually fans will understand there are a ton of players in this league that understands it is just a business and want to make as much as and stay as healthy as possible.

Want to talk Moral? How do you think Gilmore, Woods etc feel when Tyrod Taylor after one year of so so production get his contract extended for no reason?

I am not being Hypocritical is all. I likely (much like everyone here) would make a "business decision" over risking everything for a team that doesnt show us any loyalty past this year

Edited by MAJBobby