Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

I have been a Warriors fan since Rick Barry was my favorite player & on the team. Used to save my $ as a kid to get a seat at the Aud & watch him & Warriors. But lots of lean years between the 75 Chanpioship w him & Warriors & recent success. Very pleased the finals games at Oracle starting 8 or 9 EDT than typicsl 10:30.

I do not enjoy watching half-court iso that a bunch of NBA teams use. Prefer the up-tempo passing game the Warriors & other teams utilize. Really enjoy watching the finals with my sons while drinking beers. When I feel a win is certain, I breakout a celebratory glass of good single malt.

But completely understand if others are bored with NBA playoffs if not a Warriors or Cavs fan as they have been completely one-sided affairs. If KD decides to sign for less to keep Iggy & Shaun on the team then the dominance may continue. Warriors appear to be an unselfish team & guys enjoy playing together.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a Warriors fan since Rick Barry was my favorite player & on the team. Used to save my $ as a kid to get a seat at the Aud & watch him & Warriors. But lots of lean years between the 75 Chanpioship w him & Warriors & recent success. Very pleased the finals games at Oracle starting 8 or 9 EDT than typicsl 10:30.

I do not enjoy watching half-court iso that a bunch of NBA teams use. Prefer the up-tempo passing game the Warriors & other teams utilize. Really enjoy watching the finals with my sons while drinking beers. When I feel a win is certain, I breakout a celebratory glass of good single malt.

But completely understand if others are bored with NBA playoffs if not a Warriors or Cavs fan as they have been completely one-sided affairs. If KD decides to sign for less to keep Iggy & Shaun on the team then the dominance may continue. Warriors appear to be an unselfish team & guys enjoy playing together.

They'll become selfish when they move across the bay. Everyone is selfish over there. :D

Wow, you are indeed a devoted Warriors fan.

As a kid I remember World B. Free's brief stint, then Don Nelson's coaching career, & Run TMC.

They were a fun team to watch, but almost never serious contenders.

Eventually I got tired of the NBA and stopped watching altogether.

It is amazing to see that Golden State has become a dominant team and like the San Francisco Giants, I never thought I would live to see them win a championship.

I wish I still cared as I used too, but I don't want to be thought of as a bandwagon fan. Good for the Warriors, and for the real Warriors fans for still cheering them on, even when it seemed like a championship team seemed only like a dream.

They'll become selfish when they move across the bay. Everyone is selfish over there. :D

Hah....cmon, its all of Cali!

Wow, you are indeed a devoted Warriors fan.

As a kid I remember World B. Free's brief stint, then Don Nelson's coaching career, & Run TMC.

Saw some show last week with the " interview man on street" schtik. This one was was asking folks with Warrier gear on how long they had been fans, and the ones they showed all said "diehard for a LONG time" Next quesTion was then " can you name one player from the Run TMC team? .you know the rest It was funny though

Saw some show last week with the " interview man on street" schtik. This one was was asking folks with Warrier gear on how long they had been fans, and the ones they showed all said "diehard for a LONG time" Next quesTion was then " can you name one player from the Run TMC team? .you know the rest It was funny though

I can recite their '75 starting lineup without pause but will have to ponder a bit to relay what I had for lunch yesterday.

I had a Run TMC t-shirt but can't locate it. Have a Dubs shirt from a game at Oracle Arena we attended a couple of years ago. I like Oracle arena even if it's the oldest in the NBA. Kinda like New Era in that regard.

Will the NBA and refs step in like last year to rig this in Lebron's favour???

You know what I hate about the NBA? That it is even discussed as a possibility the league would tilt games in order to get a longer series. If one team is markedly better (as the Dubs are) then let them have their history and run the Cavs out in four.

The riot is scheduled for Chef Jim's neighborhood at 9pm local time Friday!

Cleveland just gave a perfect demonstration of basketball's version of the prevent defense. Built a lead being aggressive and attacking the basket, and then with 3 minutes to go and up 7 they decided to start milking the clock on each possession.

Durant is incredible.

The riot is scheduled for Chef Jim's neighborhood at 9pm local time Friday!

Cleveland just gave a perfect demonstration of basketball's version of the prevent defense. Built a lead being aggressive and attacking the basket, and then with 3 minutes to go and up 7 they decided to start milking the clock on each possession.

Durant is incredible.

Soon to be Chef Jim's ex neighborhood. :D

Markelle Fultz in town with Danny Ainge. Make the pick Danny!!!!! The long game makes more sense than getting stomped by the Warriors.

This seems to be the way the lakers are playing as well.......their HC even said as much.

They will probably draft Ball....continue to biuld their young core......and get a FA next offseason.

With all the Lebron leaving talk starting already I have to wonder if that would be the case had they kept Wiggins. That trade was terrible. Then overpaying his buddies JR and Thompson.

Over paying was LeBron throwing his weight around for his pals, I think. What would you trade one Super Bowl? They got one, and it was amazing. Not seeing another this year. :)

No Braves = no interest for me. It will never change!

That is part of why I barely pay attention until the Finals. They pissed me off! They fail to give any effort until the playoffs. Even my AAU playing kids were disappointed after spending hundreds of dollars on several regular season games. Straight up garbage not worth seeing in regular season (assuming they even try to play). I do LOVE college hoops where they try and care.

I still hate the Wiggins for Love trade. The Cavs have no young developing talent unless you count Kyrie, but he's an established all star.

How has he panned out in Minnesota? I follow the East a bit as Wizards fan...but have no clue on the Timberwolves

How has he panned out in Minnesota? I follow the East a bit as Wizards fan...but have no clue on the Timberwolves

For the regular season I usually watch struggling teams that are going to bother showing up most nights. Wolves are one of them, they don't have the stacked talent to compete in the West but are building and give a darn each night. The Bucks are my Eastern choice and they are paying off with good play on top of honest effort.

Over paying was LeBron throwing his weight around for his pals, I think. What would you trade one Super Bowl? They got one, and it was amazing. Not seeing another this year. :)

That is part of why I barely pay attention until the Finals. They pissed me off! They fail to give any effort until the playoffs. Even my AAU playing kids were disappointed after spending hundreds of dollars on several regular season games. Straight up garbage not worth seeing in regular season (assuming they even try to play). I do LOVE college hoops where they try and care.

Same here. I stopped paying attention to the NBA years ago.

College Basketball is far more exciting and interesting.

Same here. I stopped paying attention to the NBA years ago.

College Basketball is far more exciting and interesting.

As a fan since the UCLA dynasty, the college game doesn't provide superstars worthy of watching.

It's just 20 kids run in and out of lineups without dominating or noting their name.

back in the day when they stayed for 3 years you got to know their names, they developed a national interest that they had earned

now you get some kid from UCLA who quits out there against minimal pressure by Kentucky and he's deemed the greatest of all time for hoops.

not buying it...

As a fan since the UCLA dynasty, the college game doesn't provide superstars worthy of watching.

It's just 20 kids run in and out of lineups without dominating or noting their name.

back in the day when they stayed for 3 years you got to know their names, they developed a national interest that they had earned

now you get some kid from UCLA who quits out there against minimal pressure by Kentucky and he's deemed the greatest of all time for hoops.

not buying it...

Overly simplistic view. The "one and done" players are the exception in college BB, not the rule. It's a far "purer" game than the NBA and there are plenty of stars to follow.

Overly simplistic view. The "one and done" players are the exception in college BB, not the rule. It's a far "purer" game than the NBA and there are plenty of stars to follow.

No no no.....

The NCAA best would become LEGIT household names and TRULY DOMINATE in college, and THEN go to the pros and TRULY DOMINATE right from their rookie season....

Alcindor, Hayes, Ewing, Olajuwon, Bird, Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, Mark Aguirre, Dantley, endless list of names....

now it's almost 100% the coach being the star (and I couldn't care less)

cheering for your favourite college (even if you never attended it) is understandable

but almost all games have nobody that is going to dominate in the NBA immediately, they barely put up noticeable points in routine college games.

just because they SCREAM YOU GOTTA WATCH THIS KID!!! OH BABY HE"S THE GREATEST EVER... HE WILL SCORE 8 POINTS AND GET 2 ASSIST TONGIHT....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And the NCAA tourney is great for Beta-males who never watch the regular season, pretending they can fill out a bracket and telling everyone on a public elevator how the bracket is doing.

You could give them the Women's bracket and they wouldn't notice anything amiss....

No no no.....

The NCAA best would become LEGIT household names and TRULY DOMINATE in college, and THEN go to the pros and TRULY DOMINATE right from their rookie season....

Alcindor, Hayes, Ewing, Olajuwon, Bird, Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, Mark Aguirre, Dantley, endless list of names....

cheering for your favourite college (even if you never attended it) is understandable

but almost all games have nobody that is going to dominate in the NBA immediately, they barely put up noticeable points in routine college games.

just because they SCREAM YOU GOTTA WATCH THIS KID!!! OH BABY HE"S THE GREATEST EVER... HE WILL SCORE 8 POINTS AND GET 2 ASSIST TONGIHT....

And the NCAA tourney is great for Beta-males who never watch the regular season, pretending they can fill out a bracket and telling everyone on a public elevator how the bracket is doing.

You could give them the Women's bracket and they wouldn't notice anything amiss....

I get your point, and I somewhat agree with you.

Still, I will take college basketball over the NBA all the time.

No no no.....

I'll repeat myself. Overly simplistic. If you truly enjoy the game of basketball (and not just watching "stars") you'll watch the NCAA over the NBA every day of the week.

I'll repeat myself. Overly simplistic. If you truly enjoy the game of basketball (and not just watching "stars") you'll watch the NCAA over the NBA every day of the week.

I don't know about that E...the Warriors play the most unselfish game in either level right now. I would rather watch them play than anything on the college level.

Some will say they don't play "fundamental" basketball, but i think its great how they have changed the game and use the rules to their advantage.

I don't know about that E...the Warriors play the most unselfish game in either level right now. I would rather watch them play than anything on the college level.

Some will say they don't play "fundamental" basketball, but i think its great how they have changed the game and use the rules to their advantage.

Yeah, I like the Dubs. They're the exception.

Wiggins is sweet. Imo they would be better off with Wiggins > Love.

He's a rich mans Otto Porter in Wizards talk.

Sorry I missed this earlier, thank you for the info...much appreciated.

I've taken my (now grown) kids to a lot of NBA and college games. Never spoken by my boys at a college game were the words "they're not even trying!"

so...is college hockey better than the NHL...cause in that 82 game NHL season, there are a bunch dog games...same as the NBA. 6 games in 10 days for the NBA can make for some tired ass players.

I watch about 10 Wizards games a game a year tip off to buzzer, and parts of about 30-40 others....ain't no different than Sabre games in terms of the level of effort for a Wednesday night game middle of Feb.

But much like the NHL..almost 100% of the games in the playoffs are max effort.

Its not the players or the "want to" ..its the just the sheer number of regular season games.

Sorry I missed this earlier, thank you for the info...much appreciated.

so...is college hockey better than the NHL...cause in that 82 game NHL season, there are a bunch dog games...same as the NBA. 6 games in 10 days for the NBA can make for some tired ass players.

I watch about 10 Wizards games a game a year tip off to buzzer, and parts of about 30-40 others....ain't no different than Sabre games in terms of the level of effort for a Wednesday night game middle of Feb.

But much like the NHL..almost 100% of the games in the playoffs are max effort.

Its not the players or the "want to" ..its the just the sheer number of regular season games.

I won't argue that at all! It's an insane number of games, and the NBA (or at least Adam Silver) acknowledges they need to tweak it to make it better. I don't watch much hockey since leaving WNY so I won't even comment on that. I do LOVE college hoops, but maybe because I'm a Xavier grad and we've been to 4 of the last 8 Sweet 16's (elite 8 last season). I watch every minute of 30+ games a year. It's where I go to get my "winning fix" during and after watching every minute of the Bills season. Balance is critical in life. :)

That would be an epic and unpresidential comeback if the Cavs were to win it all. I think a team down 0-3 is like 0 for 216 in the palyoffs? THAT would be history, so to me that makes it exciting. I don't like the was GS was "built" with Durant, but that's his right. I do hope they win because David West (Xavier guy again) has given up about $10 mil/year the last 2 years trying to get a ring. Not like Durant in my mind because he's sacrificed about $20 mil+.

That would be an epic and unpresidential comeback if the Cavs were to win it all. I think a team down 0-3 is like 0 for 216 in the palyoffs? THAT would be history, so to me that makes it exciting. I don't like the was GS was "built" with Durant, but that's his right. I do hope they win because David West (Xavier guy again) has given up about $10 mil/year the last 2 years trying to get a ring. Not like Durant in my mind because he's sacrificed about $20 mil+.

Your boy West almost got kicked out!

The Durant thing is interesting to me. Lebron has done the super team thing for 6 years, no worries I guess as there is an enemy in GS

And the complaint about pro athletes, and NBA players, in particular, has always been they only play for themselves and the money...as referenced by your comments above.

But then when a player plays unselfishly and makes a move to win a championship over taking max money...he is criticized. These guys just can't win some time with the fans.

Nobody killing Brady, or Edelman, or any other Pat for taking less money to win a championship, but somehow Durant is getting killed for it.

And the difference between max money with your original team and going to a new team is significant.

Your boy West almost got kicked out!

The Durant thing is interesting to me. Lebron has done the super team thing for 6 years, no worries I guess as there is an enemy in GS

And the complaint about pro athletes, and NBA players, in particular, has always been they only play for themselves and the money...as referenced by your comments above.

But then when a player plays unselfishly and makes a move to win a championship over taking max money...he is criticized. These guys just can't win some time with the fans.

Nobody killing Brady, or Edelman, or any other Pat for taking less money to win a championship, but somehow Durant is getting killed for it.

And the difference between max money with your original team and going to a new team is significant.

You got me wrong. I prefer "organic". West is playing for about 10% of his Indy deal he opted out of, and I said I respect that him for that. I don't know how much Durant lost in the move, but I bet it's not 90% and I don't hate him for it like so many do. I just don't love it. This could be a great team for years to come. KD has already said (I believe) he'd re-up for less than what's possible. To watch greatness is always pretty cool.

Edited by Augie