27.5 Million

MAJBobby

So you don't know what restructuring is?

Explain to me HOW you can restructure a contract without picking up an option?

Also once option is picked up 40.5M is guaranteed. Taylor is NOT just saying ooo take my guaranteed money lol

They can convert his 12M base into a signing bonus to spread the hit out and lower cap (marries them even more to Taylor)

But you are delusuonal if you think Taylor is not getting the 40.5M in 2017 and 2018 once the option is picked up

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are allowed to discuss and prepare contracts before you need to pick up the option. Which is why they don't need to worry about it.

Even after picking up the option you restructure to fit your salary cap needs and the ability of the QB.

Like I said before none of this matter b.c if Tyrod keeps playing like **** we won't need him here anyway.

Calling me delusional when you have no idea about what you post. Funny everyone can see the Bills out themselves in a great position... Well except you of course.

Edited by Beef Jerky

That is what they were always going to do... What in the world made you think anything else?

The Bills put themselves in a win/win situation, if Tyrod plays well renegotiate his contract, if he plays badly either renegotiate his contract or cut him with no problems.

Renegotiate? You clearly don't understand the situation.

You are allowed to discuss and prepare contracts before you need to pick up the option. Which is why they don't need to worry about it.

Even after picking up the option you restructure to fit your salary cap needs and the ability of the QB.

Like I said before none of this matter b.c if Tyrod keeps playing like **** we won't need him here anyway.

Calling me delusional when you have no idea about what you post. Funny everyone can see the Bills out themselves in a great position... Well except you of course.

Talk your way out of the 40.5M you cant option gets picked up that becomes GUARANTEED money.

You can restructure it after to lower cap hits.

But either you are just slow, drunk or just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

My point STILL remains.

I opened this thread thinking bobby won some money and wanted to say congrats

Then I realized its the same tired crusading arguement day after day......week after week.....game after game

Cry me a river. If you dont want to see critical talk about your golden boy dont click my posts or threads.

And this is less to do about Taylor and more to due with how the contract was not needed and turned the heat on. But I should have known that would be lost on certain people.

There is an ignore button you can easily use it

You're absolutely right about the ignore button and you've earned it my friend. Just in case you're wondering why I don't respond going forward.

Trust me, we all get it, you don't want TT as our QB. How do I know? The million posts you have about it. It's everywhere. How many threads and comments do you need to make about it?

But for my one last response before I don't have to see the same crap over and over again:

His deal is basically year to year for the first two years. They were very clear about that. His cap hit, regardless of how much cash he actually gets, is about 18 mil if they pick up his option. If you compare that around the league, that's stones.

Also, I don't know of a better option and none of these rookies in the draft are going to be available to us and wouldn't play as well for a few years anyways. It's shaping up to be a weak class.

You want to just make a change, but you really don't have a better option available.

Yes, I like Tyrod. I think he's doing what's asked of him. I believe he has a big issue with lack of urgency at the end of games, but that same demeanor keeps him calm at other times.

Rex has said it. Lynn has said it. And if you watch the play calls you can see it. They have a very specific offense designed and TT runs it. They don't run 4/5 WR and spread the field. It's a 2-3 receiver set with a few reads only. This allows the option of the run at all times because we are a run heavy team. If we get 400 yards of offense, we want 250 to be rushing. Blame Lynn if you don't like it, not TT.

As for Miami? I don't know what that plan was, but after they were up 17-6, I would love to know what his time to throw was.

That's all I got. Enjoy your crusade. I won't be able to see it going forward.

I am still on the fence to be honest. I didn't see the full game yesterday but the bits I did see on Redzone in the 4th Quarter were the same issues we have seen with Tyrod in these game on the line scenarios previously, not throwing with anticipation, inaccuracy, not putting the ball in spots where there is YAC possibility.

I think we are all probably of the view now that there isn't some great untapped well of Tyrod potential that could catapult him into the conversation as a top 10/12 franchise Quarterback. He is somewhere in that middle of the pack territory. He doesn't turn it over, he has a nice deep ball and he can be a playmaker with his legs. He can win in a team where the Quarterback is a complimentary piece but probably not in a team where the team runs through the Quarterback. He needs a running game, a defense and a good ST unit (or at least 2 of those 3). That isn't to put yesterday on TT. It sounds like we got beat up on the lines all day and when you let a rusher go over 200 then the loss is on the D not the O.

The question still remains finely balanced for me. On the 3rd day of 2017 league year we have a decision to make. Do we commit to paying TT like a starter for the next two years and let other pieces of our team walk? Or, do we not take up the option on Tyrod, spend that money elsewhere and try and find a vet to pick up the slack?

Essentially - do we be Houston or do we be Denver? That is where we are. Can Cardale Jones be a Siemian? Is there a rookie out there we can draft and run with (similar to what Wentz is doing for Philly after they traded Bradford to Minny)?

I'm on the fence. If committing to TT meant committing just for 2017 my view would be yes, take up the option, and draft a QB early as well. That it means committing to him for 2 years causes me more concern. I just don't think you are becoming a true competitor in the AFC with Tyrod Taylor at Quarterback. A team with a shot of a wildcard spot most years? Sure that is feasible..... but a team who can overcome the Pats and win a division crown or that looks like locking up a play-off spot most years? Not for me.

Committing to Tyrod for two years at this stage just feels like a decision that will have us hovering around 8-8 again for another couple of seasons and then the question will be the same in 2019.... do we want to risk a step back at the position with a rookie or keep ticking over with TT? I'd rather bring that decision point forward I think but I could still be swayed between now and the season's end.

I will say if Rex is still here in 2017 (and I suspect he will be) then the chances are that Tyrod is too.

People have unrealistic expectations for Taylor.

He was apparently supposed to put up 30 points when the OLine was getting destroyed up front, there was no running game, his wide receivers were Marquise Goodwin, Justin Hunter, Reggie Bush and Walter Powell, and his OC was coordinating his fifth game of his career.

You're not going to find many (if any) quarterbacks capable of pulling that off.

People have unrealistic expectations for Taylor.

He was apparently supposed to put up 30 points when the OLine was getting destroyed up front, there was no running game, his wide receivers were Marquise Goodwin, Justin Hunter, Reggie Bush and Walter Powell, and his OC was coordinating his fifth game of his career.

You're not going to find many (if any) quarterbacks capable of pulling that off.

This guy gets it.

This guy gets it agrees with me.

Fixed for you. I don't think he does get it. This isn't about blaming Tyrod for yesterday - it is thinking about the amount of commitment we are required to make come March and considering what our options are.

I don't agree with all of the OPs conclusions (for example I don't think the contract was unnecessary - I think it was necessary and was a good contract it was designed for March to be a decision point intentionally), but I agree that asking the question about whether to take up the option is a legitimate and worthwhile one.

Fixed for you. I don't think he does get it. This isn't about blaming Tyrod for yesterday - it is thinking about the amount of commitment we are required to make come March and considering what our options are.

I don't agree with all of the OPs conclusions (for example I don't think the contract was unnecessary - I think it was necessary and was a good contract it was designed for March to be a decision point intentionally), but I agree that asking the question about whether to take up the option is a legitimate and worthwhile one.

Who the !@#$ are our other options??? I'm listening! The league is starved for QBs right now. Miami, NYJ, Cleveland, Cincy, Balt, KC, Denver, Tenn, Jax, Hou all have subpar QB play this year. Our QB is not Brady I get it, but he's not as bad as other teams.

He will be paid accordingly, Whaley ain't stupid. Not sure what the number is our will be but our other options are super thin.

Tyrod is by far the best option we will have for the next couple of seasons even if we trade, sign FA, or draft for another QB IMO...

Best bet is to stick with Tyrod then continue to find his successor via the draft and hope one actually develops

Edited by ddaryl

Who the !@#$ are our other options??? I'm listening! The league is starved for QBs right now. Miami, NYJ, Cleveland, Cincy, Balt, KC, Denver, Tenn, Jax, Hou all have subpar QB play this year. Our QB is not Brady I get it, but he's not as bad as other teams.

He will be paid accordingly, Whaley ain't stupid. Not sure what the number is our will be but our other options are super thin.

I think our QB play has been worse than some of those others you listed but there you are.

Our options are:-

- pay Tyrod and commit to him for two years minimum;

OR

- give Cardale a shot (who knew who Trevor Siemian even was?)

- sign a free agent placeholder at less than TT and with a 1 year commitment - Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Hoyer for example)

- draft a guy (I'm not super high on anyone in this class at the moment but I haven't seen everyone yet)

And you can mix those things up and make combinations of the two, the advantage cap wise of not having Tyrod is you have more space to keep other pieces the disadvantage is you are probably settling for worse QB play.... the question is how much worse and what is the balance to be struck?

I just think there is a ceiling with Tyrod and it is just making the play-offs. He could do that for us, he is not a bad Quarterback, but that is the ceiling. It is the same issue as Miami have with Tannehill. I would move on from Tanny this year because I have seen what I need to see - he is not the answer. Tyrod I am not quite there in saying "move on" but I am open to it. I am fully aware that moving on from TT may well result in us getting worse. But I'm not interested in shooting at mediocrity - that is what we wasted three years doing with Fitz and I feel two more years of Tyrod probably keeps us in that 7 to 9 win territory.