I hope Whaley is on the phone with Chicago

Bubba Gump

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be all for it, but Ashlon is a FA at the end of the season. No guarantee we could re-sign him and he's going to want big money.

Between him and Pryor, it's a good offseason for WR's FA's. Unfortunately, we won't have enough money to get one, especially if we tag Gilmore and re-sign Lorax and Brown

Chicago is out of contention at this point. Why would they trade their only good player for a below average QB when they won't ge going anywhere anyway?

To get another draft pick and they are most likely going to lose Jeffery in the offseason anyways. And they love below average QBs.

just because you says things doesn't make them feasible

I can wish.

Edited by Bubba Gump

I'd be all for it, but Ashlon is a FA at the end of the season. No guarantee we could re-sign him and he's going to want big money.

Between him and Pryor, it's a good offseason for WR's FA's. Unfortunately, we won't have enough money to get one, especially if we tag Gilmore and re-sign Lorax and Brown

Just like this past season , when we didn't have the money to franchise Gilmore, sign Icognito, Glenn and Taylor.

Just like this past season , when we didn't have the money to franchise Gilmore, sign Icognito, Glenn and Taylor.

We haven't tagged Gilmore yet.

I mean, we will see but I was under the impression it was going to be tight if we re-sign/Tag Gilmore.

We haven't tagged Gilmore yet.

I mean, we will see but I was under the impression it was going to be tight if we re-sign/Tag Gilmore.

Right, Gilmore's 5th year option was picked up. Still costs $ but less than the tag. Have no idea what to expect with regards to Gilmore after this season, because he is a good player but another team is going to want to overpay for him. He's not Josh Norman good, but we have to be wary of a similar fallout if we let him go without a viable replacement.

We are obviously not getting rid of EJ or Dareus, never mind that Chicago has no need to trade for another QB when they can play Barkley and get Jay back soon. Alshon is a premier talent and if they can land a good QB in the draft they may feel like hanging on Jeffrey.

The Bears are in desperate need of a QB now with Hoyer probably done for the year and Cuntlers return unknown. Send them EJ and a pick for Alshon Jeffery. Git r done DW!!

I would rather keep EJ. I feel like this team can still compete this year if Taylor got hurt and EJ had to play...and when you have a running QB on the smallish side, pretty important to have a backup QB ready to go. We have enough WR's who can't stay healthy right now, and Alshon is not only an injury risk, he is a FA next year. And I am sure they are going to want a decent draft pick to go with it.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I would rather keep EJ. I feel like this team can still compete this year if Taylor got hurt and EJ had to play...and when you have a running QB on the smallish side, pretty important to have a backup QB ready to go. We have enough WR's who can't stay healthy right now, and Alshon is not only an injury risk, he is a FA next year. And I am sure they are going to want a decent draft pick to go with it.

Oh yeah, forgot he has in the final year of his contract. Bears would be interested in trading him for a high-ish pick to a team that needs a rental (we may qualify but don't have cap space and still plan to get Sammy back at some point).

The Bears are in desperate need of a QB now with Hoyer probably done for the year and Cuntlers return unknown. Send them EJ and a pick for Alshon Jeffery. Git r done DW!!

Two questions:

Why do think Chicago would make that deal?

And who would be the Bills backup QB?

No thanks no reason to move assets for a WR until the QB improves throwing the football

Good point. Wasn't thinking about how we don't throw to our WRs enough. Justin Hunter is similar in size and speed to Alshon, but has only seen three targets in two games. I really hope he gets more snaps to see what we might have in him.

Two questions:

Why do think Chicago would make that deal?

And who would be the Bills backup QB?

1st. Never said I thought they would make the deal, just a suggestion.

2nd. Cardale Jones. I don't think he is any worse than EJ.

Edited by Bubba Gump

No thanks no reason to move assets for a WR until the QB improves throwing the football

Again, a great point. Stick with Walking Boot Woods, Hands of Clay, and the "uncoverable" Goodwin until TT improves as a passer.

Did you think this made more sense the second time you posted it?

Again, a great point. Stick with Walking Boot Woods, Hands of Clay, and the "uncoverable" Goodwin until TT improves as a passer.

Did you think this made more sense the second time you posted it?

Who were Cams WR last year?

Bradys

So invest assets next year into a postion that wont get thrown to this year and will walk ar end of year. SMART