Reporter asks Rex Ryan if Shaq Lawson is going to play Sun

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy's had a few days of practice and he's going to play him? Oookaaayyy .... he's the boss

Without having played for 3/4 of a year and never in this D or at the Pro level my expectations are minimal this year.

I am still wondering when someone at OBD is going to be held accountable . . . .

The investigation is ongoing.

I use "vaulted the selachimorph," just to be different.

A twisted vocabularean at the podium.

different ?

how about borderline..

He looks to be in decent shape for his age, but I don't think Whaley should be playing any downs of NFL football.

He could get winded.

What does any of this have to do with Coy Wire?

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand Grasshopper, you will be ready.

Sorry, you can't live down a bad start.

I knew I should have taken that art project in first grade more seriously. Id be a millionaire twenty times over if I had added a few more trees to my painting. Not getting a gold star on that project really cost me.

I mean how can you possibly make a 1st round draft selection with beyond the first 6 games in mind?!? #droppingtheball

Thats not what he's referencing...hes referencing my thread where I said our Medical staff sucks and has sucked for a while. I never, not once, said we shouldn't have taken Lawson...I would have taken Lawson even if we knew 100% he needed surgery and would miss the first half the season...said it many times. I pointed out that the did give clearly wrong information to Whaley, information that most other teams had correct. It was one more example of them not being very good at their job. Would I have still taken Lawson, 100% yes...that wasn't the point. The point was they are not good at their job.

its really dumb how our players never seem to get healthy, injuries always linger, injuries are mis diagnosed, and we struggle to keep guys on the field and people will blame Whaley and Rex for that in a heart beat, about 1000 threads on here blaming them...and yet the idea the people treating them, training them, and giving info to the coaches and GM might be an issue is just ignored and mocked. Its actually pretty ridiculous.

Thats not what he's referencing...hes referencing my thread where I said our Medical staff sucks and has sucked for a while. I never, not once, said we shouldn't have taken Lawson...I would have taken Lawson even if we knew 100% he needed surgery and would miss the first half the season...said it many times. I pointed out that the did give clearly wrong information to Whaley, information that most other teams had correct. It was one more example of them not being very good at their job. Would I have still taken Lawson, 100% yes...that wasn't the point. The point was they are not good at their job.

its really dumb how our players never seem to get healthy, injuries always linger, injuries are mis diagnosed, and we struggle to keep guys on the field and people will blame Whaley and Rex for that in a heart beat, about 1000 threads on here blaming them...and yet the idea the people treating them, training them, and giving info to the coaches and GM might be an issue is just ignored and mocked. Its actually pretty ridiculous.

Come on dawg! This one isn't on the medical staff. Whaley and Rex knew this kid would need surgery before the season started. They were hardly in a position to admit that after the draft, so they came up with this "he tweaked it" in TC and THAT made them decide to have him have surgery "sooner, rather than later" adding (naturally) "he could have played this season without surgery". Oy...

Come on dawg! This one isn't on the medical staff. Whaley and Rex knew this kid would need surgery before the season started. They were hardly in a position to admit that after the draft, so they came up with this "he tweaked it" in TC and THAT made them decide to have him have surgery "sooner, rather than later" adding (naturally) "he could have played this season without surgery". Oy...

Im not saying anything, others wont let it go from a thread from a month ago. I was just responding to it.

I have no issue with the Shaq pick, never have, loved the pick then and love it still now. But the truth is, people FLAMED Whaley all off season, all preseason etc because Shaq was going to miss the first 6 weeks or so and Whaley drafted him. My point was simple...Whaley drafted him with our medical staff clearing Shaq and telling our FO that his shoulder was fine despite most other teams determining he was going to need surgery.

Personally, I would take him either way...and I think Whaley does too. But my point is people were mad at WHALEY when it was our medical staff who gave him the thumbs up. Its ridiculous that this board will blame Whaley and ignore the actual department that was wrong in their diagnosis...while also turning a blind eye on how bad they handled the Taylor, McCoy, Watkins injuries last year amongst others, and have struggled to get players recovered, get players ready, keep players on the field, etc.

My guess is most people havent played a sport where they had to deal with a training staff, conditioning staff, etc and have no idea just how impactful they are or how involved they are. NFL players spend more time with their trainers than their coaches.

So its a bad pick if Lawson has a fifteen year career, makes the hall of fame, is a two time Superbowl MVP, and sets the all time NFL SACK record because he missed the first six games?

I was being sarcastic. I think he was a great pick and am excited to see him play.

I am concerned that diagnosis for Jauronimo is suspected CTE and he has not head properly checked to ensure he does not have it..

Does TSW have a concussion protocol? Or maybe this place IS the concussion protocol.

Whoa.

kj

Actually, I think that "jumped the shark" has "jumped the shark."

Full disclaimer: I also use the phrase " jumped the shark" even though it has jumped the shark.

"Jumped the shark" isn't some trendy phrase. It's a legitimate American figure of speech with a specific meaning. It's not going anywhere.

The guy's had a few days of practice and he's going to play him? Oookaaayyy .... he's the boss

More importantly, Rex is the guy who has seen Shaq in practice.

I believe the point of the OP is that Rex's enthusiasm for him playing means he must have looked amazing in practice.

Edited by BobChalmers

How the hell will you know if someone is a Whaley hater or supporter?? Do you have a Composition Notebook with ledgers, checkmarks and dates of "mean posts"??

bringbackfergy, negative (and mean) post, 10/20/16. Duly noted...

Edited by TPS

Does it really matter, other than your poor little feelings getting hurt because they may have lied to you? It's completely plausible that they believed he could play the season with the shoulder issue and then have surgery after, since he played with it during college. It's also plausible that they knew he would need surgery immediately but felt he was too good of a talent to pass up at 19th overall. In the end, he missed 6 games, the defense started playing well, and they can now work him back slowly instead of having to rely on him to be a starter, and he's got a healthier shoulder than he had all throughout college.

Does it really matter, other than your poor little feelings getting hurt because they may have lied to you? It's completely plausible that they believed he could play the season with the shoulder issue and then have surgery after, since he played with it during college. It's also plausible that they knew he would need surgery immediately but felt he was too good of a talent to pass up at 19th overall. In the end, he missed 6 games, the defense started playing well, and they can now work him back slowly instead of having to rely on him to be a starter, and he's got a healthier shoulder than he had all throughout college.

He didn't look too bad out there today. A bit slow but he'll work back into the speed of the game. Valuable snaps, IMO. Silver linings!