What is your football week like?

dayman

My week:

Thursday night (at least half the game, sometimes all)

Bills game (almost always 1pm slot)

Redzone for the late games

Sunday night (at least half the game, sometimes all)

Monday night (at least half the game, sometimes all)

Then: At least 1 full college game (my team), and bits an pieces of other big college games.

Also, substantial time on this forum, another football forum, listening to WGR on the ap, watching football related programming on TV, and doing fantasy football activities.

Add it all up and this easily exceeds 24 hours a week of football activity when the season is on. Given that I've been doing this for years...it's not insane to think that I could be functional (if not fluent) in a language of my choosing had I focused on that instead.

You guys all just as bad as me?

Edited by dayman

I'm most of Thursday, sometimes the Friday night game or a high school game. 3 games on Saturday (always the Buckeyes, usually at least 1 SEC game and whatever else fits). The Bills Sunday and then I casually watch Red Zone or whatever game is on. I start to lose focus by then. The Sunday Night and Monday Night games I check in on but am not that committed. I prefer college football (with the exception of the Bills of course).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

If the Bills lose, I'll block out all football until they play again. If they win I watch tons of football college/pro and read lots of material on the next Bills opponent.

Haha this is me. But usually I start creeping in Thursday night, will watch Buckeyes and any big college game Saturday, then be pumped again by Sunday.

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)

Thursday - tune in ans watch most if i can.

Saturday - 1 game, whichever big game best fits.

Sunday - all day. Red zone inbetween commercials of bills game. Red zone all afternoon or I focus on 1 game if theres a good matchup.

Sunday Night - usually watch majority of game.

Monday Night - only tune in if i can.

My normal pattern is:

Thursday Night Game I watch the condensed game video on Game Pass on Saturday morning.

Saturday evening if I am not out or have other plans I will watch a college game (or sometimes bits of 2 college games with some Spanish soccer sprinkled in). Normally just whatever is being shown over here sometimes a game recommended by Blokes or Yolo.

Sunday, unless Arsenal are playing that day I will start my viewing when GameDay Morning goes on air on NFL Network (2pm over here) and watch that whilst preparing, cooking and eating dinner.

Then at 6pm UK time I normally watch the Bills on GamePass followed by whatever Sky Sports are showing live in the 9.25pm slot. Now and again I will watch a different game (on GamePass) to the Sky game at 9.25 or switch at half time to another game.

Rarely now am I still awake for SNF so normally watch the condensed game on GamePass on Monday evening.

I then will download the condensed video of 4 or 5 other games that week that I am interested in and watch them on the tube on my way into the office and back again during the week.

I also set aside time one evening a week to rewatch the Bills game. Normally once on the condensed video (making a note of specific plays I want to look further at) and then again on the all 22.

So normally by the end of any week I have seen every play from at least 7 NFL games and every play from the Bills game at least 3 times.

That is without the time I spend on here being included. I have basically had this pattern for 3 years now since I stopped coaching semi pro soccer. It fills that time gap I suppose. Before the last 3 years I was just an all day on Sunday guy.

Great Topic! Fun to compare your football life to others - good perspective.

Thursday - Has to be a good matchup - or have a Fantasy Player going. If it meets that criteria - I will watch the whole game - or flip back and forth between Sabres and Cavs games.

Saturday - Michigan every week. If there are ranked teams (or a really good matchup/rival) playing - I watch. So anywhere from 1-3 games on Saturday.

Sunday - Bills EVERY weekend. Redzone for the other timeslot.

Sunday Night - .........Honestly, I am usually football fatigued at this point. If it is an important matchup - or I have a FF player going and I really need that player to produce, I will watch. Otherwise...not uncommon for me to tune out.

Monday Night - Fatigue still - but same as Sunday Night - will watch - if it warrants my time.

After reading my post - impressed that my wife tolerates this as well as she does (and she tolerates it surprisingly well). If I watched as much as some of the posters do...I would be single!

For me it's really just Sunday afternoon. I'll pay attention to scores on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights but I rarely watch more than portions of the games because I'm doing stuff with the Mrs. or watching something else. She gives me Sundays from 12:00 to 7:30 without any debate.

I keep up with the Tar Heels on Saturday, but I don't "have" to watch their games. I'll go out to watch big games with my friends in Chapel Hill.

Sunday - Watch the Bills (maybe Red Zone after that)

Monday - Offense re-watch

Tuesday - Defense re-watch (with All-22)

Wednesday/Thursday - Scouting next opponent

Friday - Possibly watch the TNF game on GamePass

Saturday - CFB if time allows, typically an SEC game.

Plus regular trips to Draft Breakdown during the week and this place; the bane of my existence :D

Edited by Blokestradamus

Good Thread!

Will watch the Bills game Sunday. Usually will watch the afternoon games or flip between CBS/Fox. Primetime games will usually tune in right before going to bed unless an AFCE team is playing. Then I'll watch the whole thing.

Monday - I got up and looked for a job, then hung out with my friends outside the liquor store.

Tuesday - I got up and looked for a job, then hung out with my friends outside the liquor store.

Wednesday - I got up and looked for a job, then hung out with my friends outside the liquor store.

Thursday - I got a job. Keeping kids from hanging out outside the liquor store.