The AFC Playoff Picture

Who's giving them pity? It was a strong win, but also a game we *should* win. It'll be vastly different with Brady back there. Our other victories have come against teams with .500 record or worse currently.

Edited by Dorkington

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure they are. If they were 1-1 after 2 games does Roman get fired? If Roman doesn't get fired is the offense as effective as it's been the past four?

Point well made. You could almost argue that it was worth losing to lose Roman. Kinda hated his play calling.

Point well made. You could almost argue that it was worth losing to lose Roman. Kinda hated his play calling.

There were zero deep balls (over 20 yds) thrown in that Ravens loss. Sure Duke lost Mike Wallace on the long one but IMO, that's not how we lost. It was Roman's playcalling. We have arguably the best deep ball QB in the league and never tried once - not once. We scored a measley 7.

I submit also that Roman's firing was a hangover from that performance - big passing day vs. the Jets 5 days later wasn't enough..

There were zero deep balls (over 20 yds) thrown in that Ravens loss. Sure Duke lost Mike Wallace on the long one but IMO, that's not how we lost. It was Roman's playcalling. We have arguably the best deep ball QB in the league and never tried once - not once. We scored a measley 7.

I submit also that Roman's firing was a hangover from that performance - big passing day vs. the Jets 5 days later wasn't enough..

To the contrary, the all-22 film revealed that Tyrod missed several opportunities to hit wide open receivers deep in the Ravens game.

To the contrary, the all-22 film revealed that Tyrod missed several opportunities to hit wide open receivers deep in the Ravens game.

wide open like Torrie Smith yesterday ?

I never saw the ball go deep - maybe while I was in the bathroom or something.

Playcalling/execution was very conservative - not sure who that's on if it was clearly there and TT didn't fling it ...

Playcalling/execution was very conservative - not sure who that's on if it was clearly there and TT didn't fling it ...

Yep. Tyrod didn't see the opportunities and never tried to hit anyone deep.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

ouch

didn't even think of that

eff you duke williams

We are not going to win every game....

There was a time when fans were getting ready to slit wrists calling the season over. Now we have won 4 straight and are in the conversation.

Just gotta keep moving the chains

Perhaps you missed that pass to Justin Hunter while you were taking a ****?

Oh by the way.....we won yesterday

We are not going to win every game....

There was a time when fans were getting ready to slit wrists calling the season over. Now we have won 4 straight and are in the conversation.

Just gotta keep moving the chains

Perhaps you missed that pass to Justin Hunter while you were taking a ****?

Oh by the way.....we won yesterday

He was referring to the season opener at Baltimore.

Obligatory Jim Mora

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U7fjDS0jKiE"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

damn, how do you guys embed videos

Don't put in any of that coding.

Just paste the linky thingy, but delete the "S" in the url.

Now that I've let the secret out, I might have to kill you.

On second thought, maybe I'll just have Kromer pay you a visit. :ph34r:

The bottom-line is, the Bills are going to have to win some big-boy games in order to become a playoff team this year. Along with "cleaning up the trash", they are going to need to win at least 2 of the Pats, Seahawks, Bengals, Raiders, Steelers. The Bengals looking so-so is encouraging. If they lose all 5 of those games, this season is the same-old, same-old

The bottom-line is, the Bills are going to have to win some big-boy games in order to become a playoff team this year. Along with "cleaning up the trash", they are going to need to win at least 2 of the Pats, Seahawks, Bengals, Raiders, Steelers. The Bengals looking so-so is encouraging. If they lose all 5 of those games, this season is the same-old, same-old

The raiders weakness is our strength, I have us winning that game handily this year.

Yep. Tyrod didn't see the opportunities and never tried to hit anyone deep.

I mentioned this in another thread. Tyrod refuses to stand tall in the pocket and deliver the ball AND take a hit. I noticed it a ton yesterday at the SF game. There were throws that could have been made yesterday, to receivers he saw, if he would just be willing to take a hit here or there. It is not so much he is skittish, or quick to run, or phantom pressure. He is affraid of the contact in the pocket, or at least refuses to take it. I am not asking him to stand in a take a beating, But on a 20 yard post, you have to sometimes take a lick for that play.

Granted maybe he gets hurt, and a healthy Tyrod is easily better than no TT at all.