Big Ben Could Miss 4-6 Weeks with Torn Left Knee Meniscus

Why does nobody bring up him as injury prone? He has missed big chunks of seasons due to injuries over his career...

Miami taking out future Bills opponent QBs...

Eh. Im not sure id label him injury prone. I mean in his entire career hes only had one season where he played less than 12 games. Hes had a few seasons where hes gotten banged up and missed a few games. Ben is hard to take down and as a result he takes a lot of hits bc he extends the play. Also pitt's offense relies on the vertical deep passing game which takes time to develop which means youre likely to get hit. Unlike brady who passes 3yd slant routes all day that take 2 sec for brady to get rid of ball.

i wish brady would get lit up like Ben does.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does nobody bring up him as injury prone? He has missed big chunks of seasons due to injuries over his career...

I wouldn't call him injury prone-- that brings to mind guys like RJ. with his style of play and the hits that he takes, he's actually pretty durable. I think he's missed like 19 games in his 12 seasons. Wouldn't call that injury prone.

Eh. Im not sure id label him injury prone. I mean in his entire career hes only had one season where he played less than 12 games. Hes had a few seasons where hes gotten banged up and missed a few games. Ben is hard to take down and as a result he takes a lot of hits bc he extends the play. Also pitt's offense relies on the vertical deep passing game which takes time to develop which means youre likely to get hit. Unlike brady who passes 3yd slant routes all day that take 2 sec for brady to get rid of ball.

i wish brady would get lit up like Ben does.

I would call missing at least 2 games a season injury prone. For him though, they are so good in the other 14 games that it gets overlooked.

I wouldn't call him injury prone-- that brings to mind guys like RJ. with his style of play and the hits that he takes, he's actually pretty durable. I think he's missed like 19 games in his 12 seasons. Wouldn't call that injury prone.

But yet Tyrod gets labeled as injury prone for missing 2 games from an illegal horsecollar tackle simply because he is a mobile QB...that's where I have an issue with the whole thing...

Rodgers and Luck missed a bunch of games as well and they don't get the label either

I would call missing at least 2 games a season injury prone. For him though, they are so good in the other 14 games that it gets overlooked.

Except yesterday when they were awful

The thing with labeling someone as injury prone is what types of injuries are they suffering and how aren't hey getting them? A guy like BR takes a pounding game in and game out and misses a few games a year. I wouldn't consider that injury prone. Someone like Goodwin gets tackled with a textbook tackle and he ends up on IR, that's injury prone. All players get banged up and hurt, usually missing some time, it's a tough violent sport and uts going to happen. But if the injury is from consistently taking huge hits or freak accidents like being rolled on or hit awkwardly, I wouldn't say they are injury prone

As much as I hate him, there is a case to be made that he is the best QB in the game right now. Especially after how Rodgers has looked so far.

So ya, this is a huge blow for them. Figures it had to happen right before they play NE.

He has had injury problems due in part to his style of play. He takes a lot of hits. Early in his career I remember that his passer rating after first contact with a defender was off the charts high - higher than his rating before contact in fact. His ability to extend plays by shaking off defenders raised him from being a good QB to an elite one. He did have an issue in that he often needed to extend plays because it took him a little longer to find his target. That's improved over the years, but he still holds the ball too long at times and the physical punishment may be starting to take its toll.

This opens up the AFC even more. It's not inconceivable that they miss the playoffs now opening up a spot for someone else. I have to think this helps our chances.

It didn't look like the AFCN was sending a WC team to the playoffs anyway, but now it seems certain. It's also now even more doubtful that the team winning the AFCN gets a bye. Thats all good news.