McCoy asks Bills fans to be respectful of Kaepernick

Yeezus

Unfortunately it's the result of a much larger cultural issue for which there is no simple solution. Have any ideas on what can be done to change things?

I have a lot of ideas, but here isn't the place.

But silently bringing attention to the fact that, as much as we thought we've come a long way in the last 50-60 years, it's very clear that we have not ... well, to me ... that is not a bad thing at all.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But silently bringing attention to the fact that, as much as we thought we've come a long way in the last 50-60 years, it's very clear that we have not ... well, to me ... that is not a bad thing at all.

I agree that conversation is good. There seems to be a lot of anger on both sides. I personally have no idea what can be done. I wish Kap or someone would help come up with some solutions. He kneeled and people marched but what is the next step now? I'm curious to see

Kaepernick is silently bringing attention to the FACT that black people have always been, and continue to be, treated poorly in this country.

and white people and Jews. And Irish. And Japanese. And Canadians. And Hispanics. And me

Japanese protesting interment caps... examples...go!

and white people and Jews. And Irish. And Japanese. And Canadians. And Hispanics. And me

Japanese protesting interment caps... examples...go!

So because every other ethnic group in America doesn't have someone choosing to protest for whatever reason, Kaepernick is wrong for protesting for whatever his reason might be? The old "nobody else is bitchin' so shut your mouth approach?" That argument borders on sophistry.

So because every other ethnic group in America doesn't have someone choosing to protest for whatever reason, Kaepernick is wrong for protesting for whatever his reason might be? The old "nobody else is bitchin' so shut your mouth approach?" That argument borders on sophistry.

I see other cultures that have moved on from oppression and not blaming others en masse

You do realize that Kapernick is half white (and has white adopted parents)?

you do you realize I'm joking right?

It's pretty pathetic that anyone would even have to ask that. Not agreeing with someone's stance, decisions or statements is no reason to be disrespectful.

so, this means you are against Kaep's right to protest, because its disrespectful?

Double edged sword