WR Corps Needs A Boost

Since Bush is doing little running have him be used for WR. Better him than some others for bubble screens and such, It is time for Bills to stop worrying about overusing and use him more or cut him even though they save no money.

What makes you think an aging RB can be a productive WR?

So could we try and lure Calvin Johnson out of retirement, or would he still be under contract with the Lions if he returned? I have been wondering this since Watkins went on IR.

Still under contract with the Lions. Not sure he would want to come here anyway. He's retired.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been impressed with Powell at all. Of course he has potential....but to what level? He's dropped a few, doesn't seem very strong. Nothing there yet. We need some help at WR for sure. Not sure where it will come from. I think right now, we need to hope Hunter can be a consistent target.

Powell has caught 64% of the passes thrown his way, albeit a very small sample size. I wouldn't mind seeing him get more opportunities than... You know who... (Psst it's Goodwin)...

Thanks for the input. As like others, see some of the previous posts. I disagree that Goodwin has been an asset. Let's the look at Goodwin's entire professional career. He's caught 26 of 64 passes (40%) over 3+ years. The other WRs have had to work with the same QBs and have much better percentages. Goodwin is not catching deep balls, he barely catches anything. I would argue that it would be much more beneficial to have high percentage guy for short and intermediate routes to limit three and outs and keep drives alive. Our team wants to run the ball, control the clock, and have the defense carry the team. It has been my argument that Goodwin doesn't help that, and that our WR corps should be supplemented with more help on the outside. Again, IMHO. Thanks for sharing though.

Whenever he is out there for a 3rd down and less than 10 yards, he is useless. He has bad hands, and while fast, his route limitations make him much easier to cover. I doubt any DB even considers him taking his route to the middle of the field.

Whenever he is out there for a 3rd down and less than 10 yards, he is useless. He has bad hands, and while fast, his route limitations make him much easier to cover. I doubt any DB even considers him taking his route to the middle of the field.

I agree. Whenever he's thrown to on 3rd down, I know we're going to punt. I can't believe TT even throws his way anymore.

I think with the Justin Hunter signing it was obvious that the front office wasn't completely comfortable with who they had on the roster behind Sammy. I liked the Hunter signing he was the best free agent out there in my opinion but he isn't too much of a difference maker other than being a big body in the red zone.

I think via trade is the only avenue that would produce a receiver that would be an upgrade over Hunter. I am not sure the Jets or Fins would trade the Bills Marshall or Landry if they were in fire sale mode. Andre Johnson for a 7th rounder might be a interesting desperation move but once again not sure if he is better than Hunter. To me the Bills 2 best and most realistic options are Alshon Jeffery or Golden Tate.

Jeffery is the better player but is most likely a rental who comes at a high cost. Tate for a 5th rounder I would do in a heartbeat but not sure that would get it done. The reason I like Tate is not only is he cheaper (Both in terms of what draft pick you would have to give up and in terms of his cap number) but he is signed to a longer term deal which means that if Woods left via free agency Tate could fill his role as the #2 receiver once Sammy gets back. Jeffery would most likely be gone via free agency which means the team would have one less high draft pick and one more big hole to fill. Tate isn't as talented as Jeffery but Tate adds enough play making ability to the fold where adding him helps the offense out against better teams.

I've been watching Tate every week because he is on my fantasy team. He doesn't look the same. He seems to be going through the motions & has that Cutler look on his face like he doesn't care. The Tate from last year would be a great addition.

Andre Johnson has nothing left, Marshall is too high priced both on salary and what the Jets would want. I like Hunter, Clay needs to be a much larger piece as someone already stated drops are killing us. Fewer opportunities you can't drop the damn thing. Goodwin is the chief culprit

I read that Glass has zero drops this year.

Justin Hunter caught a touchdown on his first target as a Bill.... He was brought in a week ago, maybe see if something develops there over the next couple weeks.

Sammy comes back later this year too.

Some solid potential later this year so long as the Bills continue to stay afloat by playing good defense and running the ball effectively.

I agree. Whenever he's thrown to on 3rd down, I know we're going to punt. I can't believe TT even throws his way anymore.

I am annoyed that he is even on the field when it's a "move the chains" 3rd down. If it's 3rd and 10 (or more) I guess it's alright, but anything else, and one of the other guys should be out there.

One major thing that I forgot to mention in my recap was WR substitutions. It was happening constantly and surprising. There were many times when Justin Hunter was the only guy out there. Or Hunter and Powell. I was surprised to see our "starters" Woods and Goodwin sit during so many plays.

This team shoul

One major thing that I forgot to mention in my recap was WR substitutions. It was happening constantly and surprising. There were many times when Justin Hunter was the only guy out there. Or Hunter and Powell. I was surprised to see our "starters" Woods and Goodwin sit during so many plays.

This team should just put Clay and O'Leary out there along with Hunter when Woods is not in the game.