Where is FireRex and his constituents??

Just sayin'.

The Bills have now beaten the Patriots (4-1), the Cards, and the Rams (3-2).

It's looking like a two horse race in the AFCE with NE at 4-1, Buffalo at 3-2 (with the head to head advantage over NE and the second game vs NE at Buffalo), Miami at 1-4, and NYJ at 1-4.

Upcoming games include SF at Buffalo and at Miami, two very winnable games for the Bills. Then the Bills play a big game vs NE at Buffalo, which could greatly decide their fate in the long run.

BTW, the Bills will have added Dareus, Henderson, and Sh. Lawson to a team that is already on the rise.

It's amazing how things can turn around when you have a lil faith.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow down fast car!!! It's a long season and the Ryan brothers still have plenty of time to display their abilities.

Bragging about the Patriots game is analogous to Cosby bragging about his sexual prowess. They might not have gotten nearly as far if Brady where in.... just sayin'

Slow down fast car!!! It's a long season and the Ryan brothers still have plenty of time to display their abilities.

Bragging about the Patriots game is analogous to Cosby bragging about his sexual prowess. They might not have gotten nearly as far if Brady where in.... just sayin'

Agree.

The win streak is great... all quality wins.

But it's a long season. The jury's still out on Rex. We'll get the verdict later.

If the jury is still out and it is a long season . . .

Weren't those thoughts even more pertinent before the season and during the first few weeks of the season when certain posters were posting endless posts arguing that Rex had to go . . . .

It is a long season. I look forward to a season when this board is not overflowing with posts pushing the anti Rex narrative.

Just my two cents.

If the jury is still out and it is a long season . . .

Weren't those thoughts even more pertinent before the season and during the first few weeks of the season when certain posters were posting endless posts arguing that Rex had to go . . . .

It is a long season. I look forward to a season when this board is not overflowing with posts pushing the anti Rex narrative.

Just my two cents.

i will stand up as one who still wants to fire Rex. Don't like the guy, never will. I am not counting these wins as quality wins, and the toughest part of Bills schedule is still ahead. The schedule BTW, that the Jets have just endured. I don't think Rex is up to the challenge against Tomlin, Carroll, Hoodie,Del Rio.. heck even Lewis and Bradely I think will out coach him. But we shall see.

I am more than a bit scared he may get outcoached by Kelly this weekend...he sure as chit did last year in Philly.

All that being said...i will root like crazy for them even with Rex as the coach.

I went on record as not a big fan of Rex. I gladly ate a first plate of crow after game 4. I am pleased with the progression of the Bills D after the Jets game.That game had me vomiting Rex all over my hardwood floors. If the defense keeps up their recent play and shuts down the Pats at full strength, I will give Ryan the credit he deserves and anoint him defensive King again.

There are still concerns about this team, but winning cures a lot of ills and watching Bills games has been fun again the last 3 weeks, especially sitting in the Coliseum with 20 of my Bills friend fans.

Rex has almost learned to keep his mouth shut, but he is still Rex. Firing Roman turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Lynn is a much better play caller. That said, TT needs to learn to scan the field better and going 6-21 to Goodwin is not a good sign. Woods is definitely not a #1 and i hope Hunter can help. Without Shady I don't know where we would be. He has earned his money this year. Some of those shifty cuts remind me of Barry Sanders.

I love my Bills and really hope they can end the drought.

Edited by BillsRdue

Still not 100% sold but we are playing A LOT better on both sides of the ball. The Bills do this EVERY year, start off hot, get our hopes up and then crash after our bye week.

Our REAL test is coming up so I won't say anything until we win these games. We still have the Patriots WITH Tom Brady, the Steelers, Seahawks IN Seattle, Raiders, and Bengals are all tough games. The Jags game isn't an automatic win either.

I'm still expecting an 8-8/9-7 season.

Just a couple weeks I was making the arguement that we could get by with our current receivers. After seeing Woods as our number one I have completely changed my mind. I'm also not seeing the improvements out of TT that I wanted to see this year. With that being said, Whaley really put us in a though spot this season. Going into the season with this group of wideouts and losing Sammy makes it very difficult to assess Rex and TT fairly. Goodwin is an awful one trick player, and he's our number two. It was inexcusable, and if the defense continues play well it will be hard to blame this season on Rex if it goes downhill.

I still think Rex is awful. What do I need to spell out? I think he mismanaged games. I think he actually worked, for a change, to beat NE*. I think the Cards game was them losing and us being a favored matchup in scheme to theirs. I think the Rams was a match determined by their failures and poorer coaching.

The cards game was a quality win. The pats game was against a 3rd string banged up rookie QB with a horrible OL. The Ravens game he was totally out coached. The Jets had Fitz on fire and they whipped the Ryan Bros.with scheming and play adaptation to put WR's all over us.

Again, the season has a long way to go but I see a lot of issues I just don't want to see. This Rex Ryan coaching situation has me worried. The team is playing to their ability. But Rex is making too many mistakes and can't mask his issue at safety like a novice DC should even be able to do

I still think Rex is awful. What do I need to spell out? I think he mismanaged games. I think he actually worked, for a change, to beat NE*. I think the Cards game was them losing and us being a favored matchup in scheme to theirs. I think the Rams was a match determined by their failures and poorer coaching.

The cards game was a quality win. The pats game was against a 3rd string banged up rookie QB with a horrible OL. The Ravens game he was totally out coached. The Jets had Fitz on fire and they whipped the Ryan Bros.with scheming and play adaptation to put WR's all over us.

Again, the season has a long way to go but I see a lot of issues I just don't want to see. This Rex Ryan coaching situation has me worried. The team is playing to their ability. But Rex is making too many mistakes and can't mask his issue at safety like a novice DC should even be able to do

I don't necessarily disagree with any of your statements. With that said, if Rex can continue to win games against "poorer coaching" and against teams who "beat themselves" we will be in the playoffs. There aren't many great coaches and teams. The difference between being a playoff or non playoff team depends on winning all your games against those lesser opponents. That's something that hasn't happened here in a long time, and it's the difference between being a good team and a bad team. We can technically afford loses to teams like Seattle, New England, and Pittsburgh. We just have to continue beating the lesser opponents. We can beat teams like Cleveland, Jacksonville, SF, Miami, the Jets, and steal one or two from teams like the Bengals and Raiders. Now if Rex made it to the playoffs he'd be against better coaching, that's when we generally see Rex exposed. Rex being out coached in the playoffs would be a good problem to have though. We'll cross that bridge if we ever get to it. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Simply put, I have zero belief that Rex can get to much less win a SB. Therefore, I hate watching us winning crap games and ruining our chances at actually getting a franchise QB. It looks like there will be a few possible coming out next draft.

You hope we lose every game. Got it!

Right here boss.

We finish 10-6, I'm more than happy to change my tag name. Hell, I'll let someone else pick it.

However, it's 5 games and we've shown we can also play like the worst team in the league. We can easily still finish at 8-8. How quickly we forget our 5-2 starts that still ended in futility.

Regardless, what's thrilling about this post is the superiority without backing. You are gloating after 5 games? I think you forget two things:

1 - We are the losingist franchise in all of sports (playoff drought) until proven otherwise. We've been teased before and I'm actually really impressed with the "one game at a time" attitude that most posters are keeping to. Not too hyped, not too down.

2 - Everyone on here is a fan and want what's best for the team. Everyone who wants to FireRex, draft a QB, trade Sammy all want the same thing; a winning team. We are allowed to have different opinions. So, if this is how you get your jollies, more power to you.

But I'll make you a bet. We make the playoffs, you can pick my screen name. We don't, I pick yours. Deal?