Should Miami try to get Romo?

boyst

Sitting here at work looking at the schedule ahead and knowing Romo is due back soon, if you're Miami would you try to get him now that Prescott is doing well?

Tannehil and a 3rd for Romo? He would be a good fit in Miami with that team.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting here at work looking at the schedule ahead and knowing Romo is due back soon, if you're Miami would you try to get him now that Prescott is doing well?

he woukd break in Miami just like he breaks in Dallas...what would be the point? And the dude is almost as old as me..and i was born in 63

I'm looking at the upside of this more than the downside.

Tanney is done in Miamey. Romo isn't needed in Dallas. Switching for players and bringing Tanney back to Texas could be good, even though he'd be a backup - he'd be a good one. If Romo can succeed he could do well for Miami and be the QB they need with that talent.

Sure, they should trade a few first-round picks for him. Although, seriously, how could they even consider that being that Tanny is going to be a $20M hit on their cap NEXT season?

Edited by scribo

Sure, they should trade a few first-round picks for him. Although, seriously, how could they even consider that being that Tanny is going to be a $20M hit on their cap NEXT season?

Miami has an out the end of this season, and supposedly the decision will be 100% Gases' . Big reason why he is going to play him all year, no matter the results.

I'm not trying to bash it, but it wouldn't really make sense for either teams. As someone said earlier, Tannehill's cap hit is very significant, and that would be a lot for a backup, when their starter would only be making around a million. If they were to trade away Romo, as kind of a changing of the guard, and clearing the road for their new QB, I feel like taking back a young, very expensive QB would be counter productive.

On Miami's end, they should already be assuming that their season is lost. We would be, if we were in their shoes. Though I do like Romo as a short-term player, I would be inconsolable if our season was a loss and then we trade valuable future assets to salvage a 6-10, instead of going all-in and getting the 3-13 or 4-12 record and standing in a better position next April.

On Miami's end, the salaries are a wash, there, so that would be a non-issue, unless there is a lot of signing bonus left on one of their deals that would tank one of their caps when the player gets traded and that bonus all stays on the cap, on top of taking on the other $20 million quarterback.

I'm not trying to bash it, but it wouldn't really make sense for either teams. As someone said earlier, Tannehill's cap hit is very significant, and that would be a lot for a backup, when their starter would only be making around a million. If they were to trade away Romo, as kind of a changing of the guard, and clearing the road for their new QB, I feel like taking back a young, very expensive QB would be counter productive.

On Miami's end, they should already be assuming that their season is lost. We would be, if we were in their shoes. Though I do like Romo as a short-term player, I would be inconsolable if our season was a loss and then we trade valuable future assets to salvage a 6-10, instead of going all-in and getting the 3-13 or 4-12 record and standing in a better position next April.

On Miami's end, the salaries are a wash, there, so that would be a non-issue, unless there is a lot of signing bonus left on one of their deals that would tank one of their caps when the player gets traded and that bonus all stays on the cap, on top of taking on the other $20 million quarterback.

They can get out of Tannehill's contract with minimal scaring this offseason, if use post June 1st designation it is a little over 5M dead cap in 2017 and 2018

They can get out of Tannehill's contract with minimal scaring this offseason, if use post June 1st designation it is a little over 5M dead cap in 2017 and 2018

The Cowboys can't really trade or cut Romo. His entire cap hit for next year is basically pre-paid bonuses. They either keep him for like a 26 cap hit, or cut/trade for a 25 mil cap hit. Their best hope is that he retires.

Jerry jones loves Romo and said he's playing when he returns in a few weeks.

Romo is the man.