Alshon Jeffery

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Ok, so I was big on Gordon before and I know a lot of people are still big on him, but why not Alshon Jefferey. The Bears are terrible and will probably be rebuilding in the off-season. Alshon Jeffrey is a great receiver and a free agent after the season. We are a team on the rise that is severely deficient at wide receiver without Watkins. Let's go get Jeffrey instead of Gordon.

I would give up a 2nd and maybe something like a 4th for a sweetner, not sure if that would be enough. Then you have a chance to re-sign him and have maybe the best one-two duo next season at receiver in the NFL. If not you can franchise him and get and either have him for 2017 or trade him and get your investment back. At this point I don't think Gillmore is worth a big deal and I think it would be worth it to trade for and franchise Jeffrey even if that meant Gilmore walks.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Yes.. this is realistically going to happen. Knock down another beer buddy.

Haven't had a drink in awhile. Do you have an opinion on why this is a long shot, or do you just want to be an internet hero?

Would love the move. Alshon is such a beast. Plausible if they(Chicago) dont plan on resigning him and go for a complete overhaul. Not very happy with Steph this year either. Darby is clearly our best corner. Get Alshon and draft corner? Sounds good to me.

If the Bills continue to win and if Sammy is going to get the 2nd surgery, then I would expect Whaley to explore this. Jeffrey is not an illogical candidate (although the price tag may be too high). But it is going to be a high level WR on a team that is out of contention, likely in the NFC.

If the Bills continue to win and if Sammy is going to get the 2nd surgery, then I would expect Whaley to explore this. Jeffrey is not an illogical candidate (although the price tag may be too high). But it is going to be a high level WR on a team that is out of contention, likely in the NFC.

Maybe Vincent Jackson? Any other candidates?

Haven't had a drink in awhile. Do you have an opinion on why this is a long shot, or do you just want to be an internet hero?

because how often are WR 1s traded?

Like never? Keep dreaming man. Let's trade for JJ Watt while we're at it. It's possible!

because how often are WR 1s traded?

Like never? Keep dreaming man. Let's trade for JJ Watt while we're at it. It's possible!

The point is it's plausible that a team looking to rebuild may not want to pay a receiver 15-17 million per year w/ 50 million guaranteed.

They need size at WR......no doubt.

Taylor is not a small window passer and Woods needs that kind of passer to be efficient so they are a bad fit and Goodwin and Powell are #4 type WR's with Taylor throwing to them because of their tiny catch radius.

Hopefully Hunter emerges but a true complement to Watkins is something they should have addressed a couple years ago and CERTAINLY when they realized that they were going near all-in on Taylor.

IMO the #1 job of any organization is to maximize their QB play and they instead chose to dumpster dive and assume that Watkins would always be there.

Some believe teams should be all about defense now because of what Denver did last year but you can build a defense in free agency almost overnight.

It takes time to build an elite passing game so you can't defer that need.

Ok, so I was big on Gordon before and I know a lot of people are still big on him, but why not Alshon Jefferey. The Bears are terrible and will probably be rebuilding in the off-season. Alshon Jeffrey is a great receiver and a free agent after the season. We are a team on the rise that is severely deficient at wide receiver without Watkins. Let's go get Jeffrey instead of Gordon.

I would give up a 2nd and maybe something like a 4th for a sweetner, not sure if that would be enough. Then you have a chance to re-sign him and have maybe the best one-two duo next season at receiver in the NFL. If not you can franchise him and get and either have him for 2017 or trade him and get your investment back. At this point I don't think Gillmore is worth a big deal and I think it would be worth it to trade for and franchise Jeffrey even if that meant Gilmore walks.

Let me be sure I understand this. You want Whaley to give up 2 draft picks for a guy under contract for 11 games (effectively 10 by the time the details get finalized and he shows up), at a skill position where learning the playbook and getting in sync with the QB is critical, with the option to pay him $17.5M for a 2nd year.

Sounds like the type of move that would have everyone searching for the tar and pitchforks, screaming about how Whaley gave up too much - especially (Lord forbid) should Jeffreys get hurt

Yes, my opinion is that 1) teams don't typically trade for players with <1 year left on their contract 2) teams don't typically trade away their best players unless they get a clear difference-maker back in return. A 2nd and a 4th is not a "clear difference maker" pick.

Bad deal for both sides.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

won't matter to our offense until we get a better passer.