Alshon Jeffery

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Ok, so I was big on Gordon before and I know a lot of people are still big on him, but why not Alshon Jefferey. The Bears are terrible and will probably be rebuilding in the off-season. Alshon Jeffrey is a great receiver and a free agent after the season. We are a team on the rise that is severely deficient at wide receiver without Watkins. Let's go get Jeffrey instead of Gordon.

I would give up a 2nd and maybe something like a 4th for a sweetner, not sure if that would be enough. Then you have a chance to re-sign him and have maybe the best one-two duo next season at receiver in the NFL. If not you can franchise him and get and either have him for 2017 or trade him and get your investment back. At this point I don't think Gillmore is worth a big deal and I think it would be worth it to trade for and franchise Jeffrey even if that meant Gilmore walks.

After watching Brandon Marshall make Fitz look good I love the idea. If not he, then exactly this type of WR.

I like him as a player, but reasons this is unlikely -

1. As you mentioned, Chicago would likely want something like a 2nd back, that would be a lot to give up for a player who will likely be elsewhere next season.

2. Why will he likely be elsewhere next season? Whaley has mentioned several times how the Bills want to pay players, it does not include paying 2 #1 receivers. He's also probably not going to be thrilled to sign with a team with questions at QB in a run first offense and presumably another #1 receiver already on the roster.

3. Say we traded for him today. Chances are he doesn't play this coming week as he starts to get the playbook down, then next 2-3 weeks maybe there are a few packages where he starts to come in as he gets down the offense. Chances are he's not really a full participant until the NE game or possibly after the bye. Se we've given up a 2nd round pick for a guy who may help us in ~8 games.

Ok, so I was big on Gordon before and I know a lot of people are still big on him, but why not Alshon Jefferey. The Bears are terrible and will probably be rebuilding in the off-season. Alshon Jeffrey is a great receiver and a free agent after the season. We are a team on the rise that is severely deficient at wide receiver without Watkins. Let's go get Jeffrey instead of Gordon.

I would give up a 2nd and maybe something like a 4th for a sweetner, not sure if that would be enough. Then you have a chance to re-sign him and have maybe the best one-two duo next season at receiver in the NFL. If not you can franchise him and get and either have him for 2017 or trade him and get your investment back. At this point I don't think Gillmore is worth a big deal and I think it would be worth it to trade for and franchise Jeffrey even if that meant Gilmore walks.

When did we get a QB that will make any trade investement for a WR worth it?

Watching highlights of yesterday's games, Jeffrey seems frustrated with Hoyer at QB. They showed one play where he was wide open in the end zone but Hoyer threw underneath. Jeffrey lost it afterward, including a helmet smash.

Watching highlights of yesterday's games, Jeffrey seems frustrated with Hoyer at QB. They showed one play where he was wide open in the end zone but Hoyer threw underneath. Jeffrey lost it afterward, including a helmet smash.

How would he react when he is wide open and the QB doesnt even look his way?