3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeezus being Yeezus. He made 2 big TD throws at the end of drives, and a big 3rd down run. He's a rich man's Alex Smith. Tyrod is managaing the game perfectly. He is doing what needs to be done to win. It isn't perfect but the results are all that matter.

Exactly right!

Plus, he is a perfect fit for Ryan's defense in that he helps keep the run game going and doesn't turn the ball over. The reason Rex Ryan fired Greg Roman was because the run game wasn't working and it was killing his defense.

Yes, this style of winning games is sometimes unsustainable as one-dimensional teams don't go far over the course of the season or usually do well in the playoffs if they make it that far. However, the 2009-2010 NY Jets made it to the AFC Championship game with this formula and the 2008 Baltimore Ravens made it to the AFC Championship game in 2008 while developing rookie QB Joe Flacco along the way. That year the Ravens had 433 yards passing vs 592 yards rushing!

The very next year the Ravens managed to beat the Patriots in New England in the 2009 playoffs with Joe Flacco throwing for 4 of 10 for 34 yards and one INT, :w00t: All game! The Ravens beat the Patriots with 52 rushes for 242 yards and 4 TDs. The Ravens defense also intercepted Brady 3x and sacked him 3x.

It can be done! And like the Ravens developed Joe Flacco with this same system! So, how about we wait to see what Tyrod looks like at the end of the season.

Edited by Nihilarian

Can we be successful if we can't run the ball?

Will there be days when we can't run the ball?

Has TT shown the ability to carry a team on those days when we can't run?

It's a legitimate worry based on his entire body of work to date. That's not a knock against him or a non appreciation of his athletic gifts and the magic he brings when he runs. It's just an honest assessment of his game.

Can we be successful if we can't run the ball?

Will there be days when we can't run the ball?

Has TT shown the ability to carry a team on those days when we can't run?

It's a legitimate worry based on his entire body of work to date. That's not a knock against him or a non appreciation of his athletic gifts and the magic he brings when he runs. It's just an honest assessment of his game.

No. Yes. Yes but against very very bad teams.

Yeah I thought he hit the big three pretty well too. 1ish TO, good RZ%, good 3rd%. Thanks for coming back. I think he missed one or two plays but made a bunch with his legs.

He did miss Clay a couple times, and was late on some throws, but one of his better games throwing the ball and commanding the offense. Growth from last week, now sustain and continue that growth

Very happy with Tyrods play this week.

This should be pinned for everyone who thought that last week's complaints were about not racking up passing yards.

He was very efficient today, and had very few failed plays. Keep building that momentum.

He was solid today. The fumble was not on him and despite some struggles early in the 3rd (partly on play calling) he lifted himself out of it.

Still worry what would happen if our run game didn't click... but it was a decent performance from TT today. The throw to Hunter was excellent.

This should be pinned for everyone who thought that last week's complaints were about not racking up passing yards.

He was very efficient today, and had very few failed plays. Keep building that momentum.

I never cared about yards. And can praise and be critical of Tyrod, but some think i am others just have an agenda

He was solid today. The fumble was not on him and despite some struggles early in the 3rd (partly on play calling) he lifted himself out of it.

Still worry what would happen if our run game didn't click... but it was a decent performance from TT today. The throw to Hunter was excellent.

Our run game always clicks...we put up 140-150 yards against the best run D's in the NFL and then 200+ against everyone else's...its really really impressive...they know we are running the ball and they still can't stop it.

Our run game always clicks...we put up 140-150 yards against the best run D's in the NFL and then 200+ against everyone else's...its really really impressive...they know we are running the ball and they still can't stop it.

Yep. We have the best Bills o-line I have ever seen in my 14 years watching this team. Horrible 1st series today but they made whatever adjustments were necessary and were very good again after that.

EDIT: If the run game continues to dominate like this we are a playoff team.

Edited by GunnerBill

Yep. We have the best Bills o-line I have ever seen in my 14 years watching this team. Horrible 1st series today but they made whatever adjustments were necessary and were very good again after that.

EDIT: If the run game continues to dominate like this we are a playoff team.

Best offensive line in the game right now, and the the best Bills line I've seen since Ballard, Ritcher, Hull, Parker, Wolford, Fina, Frerotte

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

TT got out of my doghouse and onto a short leash after today. He made several VERY good decisions today. Command and decision making are key in my book and I'm more than happy to give him all the credit for a good game in those departments today.

On to Miami.