3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say all you want about the receivers, there's not the huge improvement when Sammy is in the line up. To quote another Bill recently "if you're in the NFL, you can play" some of the passes are just off enough, the accuracy isn't there... it's not all on the WRs Yes, TT is a great weapon, his legs are a huge asset. He's winning the games... but only enough that we will be battling for a WC spot and may or may not get it. If a defense shuts down our running game we don't have a good enough passing game to win it. The missed throws are what is going to kill us. I like TT, he's the best we've had in a long time, but he needs a step up in accuracy or we need to keep searching

Edited by JeebusCrust

I get that. I would classify Championship quality as low TO, high RZ%, and high 3rd%. He's checking two of three. The yards and other stats are system based in my opinion. If he can get the team to top 10 3rd% while keeping TO top 5 and RZ% top 10 we will win a LOT of games (probably at least one in the playoffs but we WILL be in the playoffs).

Is RZ% really him or not? I want to see if he can win a game when the Run game is shut down. He hasnt to date

I think you do, but at the same time your taking a QB high in the draft. 1st or 2nd round preferably.

The team has won 3 games in a row without its top 2 picks. One of which is out for the year.

I think they can afford to take a QB in the the first or second round.... Even with the needs at WR and maybe CB. The value of a good WR or CB doesn't compare to the value of a good QB.

If they got a potential good QB sitting there and they opt for a WR or Corner it would be a mistake, IMO.

Do we then Roll with Cardale and a rookie? Is that an improvement?

We're also going to have to trade up if we want to get one of the top 3... Since Cleveland, Miami, NYJ, 49ers, and bears all need a QB. And all project to finish below us in the standings. So now were looking at 2 1st rounders for one of Kaaya, Kizer, or Watson. Or we can grab a later talent... and just throw them out there?

Or we can go after mid-round stuff like kelly, and just hope he's an improvement?

Is RZ% really him or not? I want to see if he can win a game when the Run game is shut down. He hasnt to date

You're right its not all him but he is very important. He threw 2 and pitched the other on an option this weekend. I will also be interested to see if he can win when the run game gets shut down. But it hasn't been shut down since weve switched OC's. Teams are still stacking the box, and I actually wonder what it'll take to stop the run. When it does happen I sorta expect the passing to be so easy he can't screw it up. It'll be interesting when that happens but so far hes checking most of the boxes for me.

Edited by YattaOkasan

I wonder how Chris Hogan suddenly became legit.

The only thing legit is his contract. Overpaid. By the way, he really stuck it to the Bills when we played. I can't remember, did he put up 200 yds on us?

Back to the receivers. We are dropping a LOT of passes this year. When the gamelan has you throwing 20-24 attempts and each WR drops two.... You do the math.

Edited by r00tabaga

The only thing legit is his contract. Overpaid. By the way, he really stuck it to the Bills when we played. I can't remember, did he put up 200 yds on us?

Back to the receivers. We are dropping a LOT of passes this year. When the gamelan has you throwing 20-24 attempts and each WR drops two.... You do the math.

I can't really remember the baltimore and NYJ games - but i can safely say i remember TT playing poorly.

This past sunday? I know he missed the deep ball, but that happens, no one completes everything especially under pressure.

But 12/23 - with 3 or 4 notable drops. And at least 3 or 4 throwaways. And another weird one where he was running a full sprint to his left and tried to hurl it across his body. I just don't think he played that bad.

Goodwin's drop on 2nd and 3 - gotta have that. Woods Drop on a jailbreak blitz for an easy first down - how does no one bring that into the discussion? TT reads the blitz, delivers a perfect pass into Woods hands in stride and he can't pull it in. He pulls it in and its 3 more plays. Powell dropped another one on a 3rd down pass - hit him in the hands. That's another 3 more plays.

I'd complain about the 2 minute offense, but honestly it was a vast improvement over previous one's so i won't even get into it. The end game "4-Minute" offense needs Powell to pull in that 3rd down one though.

You're right its not all him but he is very important. He threw 2 and pitched the other on an option this weekend. I will also be interested to see if he can win when the run game gets shut down. But it hasn't been shut down since weve switched OC's. Teams are still stacking the box, and I actually wonder what it'll take to stop the run. When it does happen I sorta expect the passing to be so easy he can't screw it up. It'll be interesting when that happens but so far hes checking most of the boxes for me.

They really struggled after LA starting blitzing. But a lot of that was blocking issues up front, and free runners coming in. He started to get rid of the ball quicker, but then the drops started happening.

I can't really remember the baltimore and NYJ games - but i can safely say i remember TT playing poorly.

This past sunday? I know he missed the deep ball, but that happens, no one completes everything especially under pressure.

But 12/23 - with 3 or 4 notable drops. And at least 3 or 4 throwaways. And another weird one where he was running a full sprint to his left and tried to hurl it across his body. I just don't think he played that bad.

Goodwin's drop on 2nd and 3 - gotta have that. Woods Drop on a jailbreak blitz for an easy first down - how does no one bring that into the discussion? TT reads the blitz, delivers a perfect pass into Woods hands in stride and he can't pull it in. He pulls it in and its 3 more plays. Powell dropped another one on a 3rd down pass - hit him in the hands. That's another 3 more plays.

I'd complain about the 2 minute offense, but honestly it was a vast improvement over previous one's so i won't even get into it. The end game "4-Minute" offense needs Powell to pull in that 3rd down one though.

That's how I see it too. Could he be better, of course. He's good enough for a playoff run IMO. Does a good job with his legs, doesn't turn the ball over and runs the offense as intended. Made two great TD throws in the redzone and nobody is talking about it.

He just had 4 catches for 114 yards. Try again mr fair and balanced.

We know he can throw the long ball. Yes, he missed Woods on it against the Rams. But no one makes the TD pass to Hunter. So would guys be happier if he hit the Woods pass and got 50 more passing yards but threw it away on the Hunter TD or got sacked like every other QB would have?

He wasn't great but he had four drops, doesn't turn the ball over, makes ridiculous plays, avoids sure sacks with escapability, threw two TDs, we scored 30 points (yes I know the D helped but that happens all the time for teams like Denver, Seattle and the Pats). Oh, and we won. On the road. On the west coast. On grass. Against a good defense. That is sustainable.

We know he can throw the long ball. Yes, he missed Woods on it against the Rams. But no one makes the TD pass to Hunter. So would guys be happier if he hit the Woods pass and got 50 more passing yards but threw it away on the Hunter TD or got sacked like every other QB would have?

He wasn't great but he had four drops, doesn't turn the ball over, makes ridiculous plays, avoids sure sacks with escapability, threw two TDs, we scored 30 points (yes I know the D helped but that happens all the time for teams like Denver, Seattle and the Pats). Oh, and we won. On the road. On the west coast. On grass. Against a good defense. That is sustainable.

Here's a list of the 32nd ranked passing teams in the last 10 years.

2015 - Rams (missed the playoffs with the leading rusher in the NFL and a stout defense)

2014 - NYJ (went 4-12 with a stout D)

2013 - Tampa Bay (worst record in the NFL)

2012 - KC Chiefs (2-14, worst record in the NFL)

2011 - Jags (5-11, missed the postseason)

2010 - Carolina Panthers ( worst record in the NFL)

2009 - Cleveland Browns (5-11, missed postseason)

2008 - Oakland (5-11, missed postseason)

2007 - SF (5-11, missed postseason)

2006 - ATL Falcons (7-9, missed postseason)

We can keep beating the sustainable drum and compare the 2016 Buffalo Bills to historic defenses like Denver, Seattle, the 2000 Ravens, but 10 years of history says otherwise.

Not to mention that absolutely dumb stuff TT continues to do, like snap the ball with 20 seconds on the playclock with the lead in the 4th Q, run OOB for a 1-2 yard loss instead of throwing the ball away etc etc.

Edited by jmc12290

I barley watch college football so I don't know, but I feel this gets said all the time only to have a few guys emerge come draft time.

LIke EJ and Geno?

You said this about Dak Prescott last year too no ?

What about Wentzlevania ?

I doubt it. If I did I was TOOMA, as I didn't watch enough of him to speak to the matter. And NOBODY watched enough of Wentz.

Here's a list of the 32nd ranked passing teams in the last 10 years.

2015 - Rams (missed the playoffs with the leading rusher in the NFL and a stout defense)

2014 - NYJ (went 4-12 with a stout D)

2013 - Tampa Bay (worst record in the NFL)

2012 - KC Chiefs (2-14, worst record in the NFL)

2011 - Jags (5-11, missed the postseason)

2010 - Carolina Panthers ( worst record in the NFL)

2009 - Cleveland Browns (5-11, missed postseason)

2008 - Oakland (5-11, missed postseason)

2007 - SF (5-11, missed postseason)

2006 - ATL Falcons (7-9, missed postseason)

We can keep beating the sustainable drum and compare the 2016 Buffalo Bills to historic defenses like Denver, Seattle, the 2000 Ravens, but 10 years of history says otherwise.

Outside of Russell Wilson, who does get his team into the playoffs and SB, there hasn't been a QB like Tyrod. I'd like him to be a better passer than he has been, too. I think he's missed far too many passes he needs to hit. I also think that a lot of people here don't give enough weight to the things he does that make him unable to be compared to other bad stat QBs. Last year we were close to the bottom inpassing yards but he was the 9th rated passer because he doesn't turn the ball over. If we had the Bills offense led by Taylor of last year and this year's or 2014's defense, we are in the playoffs.