Should the Bills move on from Dareus?

Tipster19

I would have never thought this before but after hearing him in his presser I think that this kid just doesn't get it. Seems like when this team needs him the most he can't be found, he's always suspended. Locking up 100 million dollars on this bonehead who is 1 strike away sure doesn't seem like a good sound investment to me. Funny thing is it seems like we have been finding a way to win without him. Now that we have been forced to find FAs who are doing a very admirable job and being very close to getting Shaq back I believe that it would be in the Bills' best interest to move on from this immature idiot and find a better way to spend that massive amount of money on more mature and responsible players.

Edited by Tipster19

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If they could get someone to give up a first rounder for him, I'd jump on it.

Talent-wise he's worth keeping even at the huge contract price, but he's one toke away or one missed drug test away from being gone for an entire season. Based on history I believe it's greater than 50% chance one of those things, or something worse, is going to happen and the Bills will be left with no asset whatsoever. Better to get some value and move on from this guy.

I don't think that will be an option for them. Not sure anyone will trade a high pick for him.

Before people jump on Tipster and call him a troll though or start quoting Sully at him... I was similarly worried by his presser. I am not sure he came across as at all contrite. Indeed he came across as an arrogant jerk.

Now I hope that is just because he is clearly uncomfortable facing the media but if the team has any concerns internally about whether he has really moved on then they should be open minded about his future.

EDIT: and I love him as a player. Think he is an elite talent.

Edited by GunnerBill

I was wondering if the Bills were thinking of trading him this offseason simply because he doesn't quite fit that Rex Ryan 3-4 as an NT or DE should the team run mostly the same scheme they ran last season. This year with Thurman calling the plays it looks very different and with Dareus's elite talent he could make anything work.

I also think the man just doesn't hold himself accountable for his actions off the field and his not being with the team those first two games could have perhaps been the difference in those two 6 point losses.

Rex Ryan will be against letting the guy leave I'm sure. However, the GM / FO needs to look at the entire team and should Dareus relapse again he is gone for a year. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

Last time we let an elite talent go with 1 strike left he becane a Hall of Fame candidate in Seattle. Let it play out. I don't see teams offering a 1 for him. The risk is worth taking over a draft pick less than that.

I don't think that will be an option for them. Not sure anyone will trade a high pick for him.

Before people jump on Tipster and call him a troll though or start quoting Sully at him... I was similarly worried by his presser. I am not sure he came across as at all contrite. Indeed he came across as an arrogant jerk.

Now I hope that is just because he is clearly uncomfortable facing the media but if the team has any concerns internally about whether he has really moved on then they should be open minded about his future.

EDIT: and I love him as a player. Think he is an elite talent.

Agree 100% with the bold. Do believe the underlined is true also. That said, I would probably sound like a jerk if asked the same question over and over.

Looking at the pc he seemed very uncomfortable that happens when you know you're not telling the truth the organization has to be thinking the same thing just can't trust the guy and who knows what other things he's done that hasn't been reported I say get rid of him

with Kyle in his his golden years and his play during the dareus suspension being pretty darn good. he masked a lot of the loss of Dareus. Along with others. One would imagine a huge downturn if Kyle got hurt or whatever. And Dareus got traded for nowhere near near his value in part because of his enormous contract, and like Lynch (who did succeed though) a strike away from a ten game suspension.

I would keep Dareus and put the responsability soley on him. The team coddling is nice but it doesn't seem to work with this guy. If He flames out I would imagine there is a financial out on his contract. Since he already had strikes when they inked his new deal. One thing though he has used up his sympathy points. His presser seemed and was spelled out for him. It's time for this ADULT to nut up and take ownership of this his delivery/responses was less than stellar. Elite atheletes certainly come with privelages other players don't receive. It would be no surprise in the least if he flames out though IMO. I wish him luck he is needed.