Trump, Rex and the NFL

again, I'm missing something here. Rex introduced Trump at a Trump rally, not at a Buffalo Bills practice. How is that different than following your sensible adage: "Practice what you believe, vote for who you prefer but do not try to inflict your beliefs on anyone else and respect those whose beliefs differ."

was there another event?

You can't correlate introducing the guy at a rally to trying to influence others? Is that a stretch? Do you think that it was a wise decision by him or the Bills to be so public regardless of the candidate? I certainly don't. Supporting either candidate puts you in the crosshairs from a large segment of the fan base (and team apparently).

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pro's and Con's on fracking would be a much more interesting discussing for me to read through.

Pro's - without fracking the LA Bills are playing the STL Rams

I will leave the Con's to you gentleman

The absence of fracking would not have eliminated the prerequisites that Ralph had set out for a new Bills' owner.

Perhaps the issue is that you've never been employed. It would really explain a lot. For example, my boss is a Giants fan, and hates guns, both objectively stupid and wrong opinions, but because he is above me in the org chart, I follow his lead on issues at work, and do my best to execute his plans to the best of my ability. The fact that he holds fantastically dumb opinions on matters unrelated to the work effort is irrelevant to me, but then again, I'm an adult, and don't spend my whole life seeking safe space hugboxes where everyone agrees with me OR ELSE

edit: note also that chances are REAL GOOD that Pegs is also a Trump supporter if for no other reason than that Hillary WILL end fracking in this country, or at a minimum do everything within her power to make it unprofitable. Maybe some of the safespace players should consider that, and maybe decide they have to play for another team since the owner of the bills made his money through dirty evil fracking

You made my point about Rex better than anyone else. Pegula might indeed by a Trump supporter but you don't know whether or not he is, nor do the players nor likely does anyone else outside a small circle of confidants. And that was the point about Rex and his inability to control himself, to think things through, to remember he's supposed to be working towards winning football games. Any thing he does that undermines that goal is, definitionally, idiotic.

You have to admit fracking can really f##k a place. Ask folks in Oklahoma with their daily earthquakes. I'm glad Pegs made his money and saved our team but even he is diversifying.

so you essentially are against fracking.. but the man who kept the team here, made his fortune on fracking, its ok? i think fracking is fine, not the point, but which way is "okay" with you?

No. It won't.

she supports fracking? wow.. cool

so you essentially are against fracking.. but the man who kept the team here, made his fortune on fracking, its ok? i think fracking is fine, not the point, but which way is "okay" with you?

she supports fracking? wow.. cool

And you are essentially saying that since the owner was in the business of fracking fans of the team should also support fracking??? :wallbash: What if he owned abortion clinics?

And you are essentially saying that since the owner was in the business of fracking fans of the team should also support fracking??? :wallbash: What if he owned abortion clinics?

did not say that at all. just , just making an observation based on reality.

well, now that you're here...

:D

They made the penalties worse, and Hillary has no plans to change anything as president because that would be an admittance that the whole thing was a failure.

Minor but important point: The Congress created the laws, not the President. And, in case you didn't know this already, Hillary was not in either the Congress nor was she President. And her current proposals are to revisit and correct the original law. That's a "plan" so you got that part wrong too. Other than that, your post was highly factual and a font of wisdom. Thanks for your service.

"so you essentially are against fracking.. but the man who kept the team here, made his fortune on fracking, its ok? i think fracking is fine, not the point, but which way is "okay" with you? "

Nah you didn't say that at all...

I work for the federal government. There's a law called the Hatch Act that forbids political activities at work. We aren't at work to talk politics, we're at work to work. There are times when something's bugging me and I would love to chat about it with someone at work, but if that gets started it would not only waste time, it would cause divisions and resentments among the work force. What if the senior government civilian in an organization came out for one of the candidates? Think what that would do to people. Thank God for the Hatch Act, seriously.

I work for the federal government. There's a law called the Hatch Act that forbids political activities at work. We aren't at work to talk politics, we're at work to work. There are times when something's bugging me and I would love to chat about it with someone at work, but if that gets started it would not only waste time, it would cause divisions and resentments among the work force. What if the senior government civilian in an organization came out for one of the candidates? Think what that would do to people. Thank God for the Hatch Act, seriously.

And should the need arise, you can always stop by here to vent a little.

Have you received any emails this year about the Hatch Act? I haven't...first time election I can recall not receiving the "No political campaigning in federal offices!" notice.

Have you received any emails this year about the Hatch Act? I haven't...first time election I can recall not receiving the "No political campaigning in federal offices!" notice.

I was going to say "that's curious"

674.jpg Actually, if I think about it, it doesn't seem curious at all