Trump, Rex and the NFL

If they didn't, then none of the rest of your post matters.

It doesn't matter if Lynn and Tyrod love Rex if player's have commented on Rex's politics and how they think less of him. Not sure how that's a media spin job.

It does.

Why?

Because it is using a quote (true, false, out of context, or not) to push a narrative that is obviously FALSE.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Pinning the War on Drugs on the Clintons? That's a good one.

They made the penalties worse, and Hillary has no plans to change anything as president because that would be an admittance that the whole thing was a failure.

It does.

Why?

Because it is using a quote (true, false, out of context, or not) to push a narrative that is obviously FALSE.

Not sure how you got here. If a handful of players say they don't like Rex supporting a candidate and they lost respect for him, is that not locker room tension?

you do realize the first thread about this was moved right?

Also, posts can be made without saying Hillary Clinton hates blacks. And without saying trump is the most racist ever. You do being worried about my feelings is hardly a concern you need. Its drive by statements by those who will not engage in the prop per thread already started in the forum where it should be discussied

Well, move this one then if its so divisive. I haven't made any specific comments on politics. I've only noted that the OP is obviously meant to be centered around a political context.

Well, move this one then if its so divisive. I haven't made any specific comments on politics. I've only noted that the OP is obviously meant to be centered around a political context.

Directly from the OP:

"If folks could put their politics aside, can we have a discussion about whether or not our head football coach should be endorsing candidates and attending rallies regardless of party affiliation? Why risk alienating the locker room on either side? If your main concern is truly about winning and bringing a championship to Buffalo, then why even step into the fray? To me, this is just another example of Rex being more about himself than the team and his recklessness as a coach."

Doesn't sound like inviting a political conversation to me.

Edited by jmc12290

This issue is coming about in work places across the country. It is a shame that we must judge another based upon their first amendment rights.

I feel hypocrisy exists here in that players want to speak n their own beliefs but dismiss others who contradict them. This is not a single partisan issue. This is all walks of people from all backgrounds that can be vulnerable.

If we disagree with a player, coworker, boss, underlying for what they believe that needs no bearing on how we behave professionally.

Those that thing their politics surpass others for any reason are a fool. Those who judge Rex for his Trump speech must ask themselves would they judge him for speaking on behalf of Clinton?

I do not care one bit what Ryan does away from the Bills. No one else should, either, so long as it does not harm others. We are no more personally invested in Rex Ryan than we are the candidates.

I hope this can be a good topic and not end up casting stones and taking pot shots at others who do not agree with their high ground.

Well said.

Keep politics out of the workplace.

It's being an adult 101.

Rex is a jerk for openly and actively endorsing ANY candidate. It's part of what makes him a bad coach.

And if the Pegulas tolerate it, then it makes them bad owners.

Not sure how you got here. If a handful of players say they don't like Rex supporting a candidate and they lost respect for him, is that not locker room tension?

BREAKING NEWS:

People have differences of opinion on politics

Does that mean that such differences have negatively effected the team as a team or that there is a civil war taking place within the team?

No.

The evidence amply demonstrates otherwise.

P.S. Another poster brought up something I forgot to mention:

Attendance on victory Monday.

BREAKING NEWS:

People have differences of opinion on politics

Does that mean that such differences have negatively effected the team as a team or that there is a civil war taking place within the team?

No.

The evidence amply demonstrates otherwise.

P.S. Another poster brought up something I forgot to mention:

Attendance on victory Monday.

They have a direct quote of saying it negatively affected their opinion of their coach. Did you read it?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/06/bills-reportedly-have-a-trump-related-schism/

I don't know if it's possible to separate the political talk from the football talk, but I do think this is related to the Bills on the field and deserves to be discussed.

If folks could put their politics aside, can we have a discussion about whether or not our head football coach should be endorsing candidates and attending rallies regardless of party affiliation? Why risk alienating the locker room on either side? If your main concern is truly about winning and bringing a championship to Buffalo, then why even step into the fray? To me, this is just another example of Rex being more about himself than the team and his recklessness as a coach.

He SHOULD NOT. Anything that can divide the locker room is BAD NEWS. Rex need to chill the !@#$ out for real, the same good energy he built with the players that made them play hard for him and Lynn week 3,4 can be gone with the political ****. Not everyone can set their personal **** aside and focus on the business of football.

Edited by Marty McFly

It's being an adult 101.

Rex is a jerk for openly and actively endorsing ANY candidate. It's part of what makes him a bad coach.

why should the pegula's stifle rex? regarding anything.. as i recall, when rex introduced trump, it was not done on pegula's dime.,

Directly from the OP:

"If folks could put their politics aside, can we have a discussion about whether or not our head football coach should be endorsing candidates and attending rallies regardless of party affiliation? Why risk alienating the locker room on either side? If your main concern is truly about winning and bringing a championship to Buffalo, then why even step into the fray? To me, this is just another example of Rex being more about himself than the team and his recklessness as a coach."

Doesn't sound like inviting a political conversation to me.

Well, I think it implicitly draws in the political context. It's asking a lot in an election year for the kind of abstract neutrality that is hypothetically posed. And I rather doubt it would be an issue if Rex had not aligned himself with Trump.

It's being an adult 101.

why should the pegula's stifle rex? regarding anything.. as i recall, when rex introduced trump, it was not done on pegula's dime.,

Because nothing good comes out of bringing politics into the workplace. They are his boss. He is their employee.

It's being an adult 101.

I do not want the US to be a country where both Rex AND Kap are not allowed to express their opinions

I also do not want the US to be a country where the owners of a football team are criticized for "tolerating" an employee's political beliefs.

The Pegulas are the reason there is no danger of the Bills moving to Toronto or LA or elsewhere. In my mind, that will always make them the best owners in professional sports.

They have a direct quote of saying it negatively affected their opinion of their coach. Did you read it?

Has it?

No.