Trump, Rex and the NFL

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dave, it's funny you say this. as a conservative, it stuns me to see where we are at with trump. However, I understand the reaction to the same old business as usual for many middle to right leaning people. the republicans take control of the house and senate and nothing really changed. what really amazes me, on the other hand, though, is that Clinton was, is and has been the heir apparent to the democrat party. in spite of her obvious, documented and debated flaws---she wasn't a groundswell candidate--she was The Chosen. to me, that's even more pathetic.

Re your criticism of HRC getting the nomination as an anointed successor: but that's how the GOP used to operate for decades! From 1968 onward, the early favorite always won -- up until this year. Usually, it was a candidate who had waited their turn: Nixon (after helping Goldwater in 1964), Ford (for obvious reasons), Reagan (who ran in 1968 and 1976), Bush (who ran in 1980); Dole (who ran in 1988); Bush (anointed very early on even if he hadn't run before): McCain (who ran in 2000), and Romney (who ran in 2008). HRC certainly waited for her turn (i.e., 2008). Anyway, the GOP had a lot of success with this approach for decades, but maybe the sequential losses of the two establishment candidates (McCain and Romney) to Obama sent the GOP voters over the brink.

They have some reconstructing to do. I thought Pence did a good job last night in getting his 2020 campaign started. Like Nixon in 1964, who helped out the widely reviled Goldwater, Pence is being a good soldier (unlike Cruz) and may get his moment in the sun in 2020. His performance won't affect the vote (it was the least watched VP debate since 2000), but it will help him within the party and with conservative activists. Big caveat: it's really early!

Edited by dave mcbride

So if a coach has a different opinion on politics than his players, the players shouldn't respect him? Are you a millennial by chance? That's the exact sort of idiotic crap I see a lot of out of people coming into the work force these days.

When your team is over 80% black players, the smart play is to keep to yourself your enthusiasm for a candidate loathed by black people. In any case, don't be emceeing a "show" for the guy, and doing it with such unbounded adoration and national publicity. But that's pretty much Rex in a nutshell.

Trump had no basis for saying that Curiel was "being racist against him" other than the fact that Curiel was of Mexican descent. He was assuming that, if the judge ruled against him, it was because of his race. If that's not racist, what is?

He wanted him removed from the case because he thought the Judge may hold what he interpreted as " racist " comments about illegal immigrants against him and it may influence his decision in a tit for tat racist kind of way. Just posturing like say, attorneys do all the time. Implying that it's a setup. Implying the Judge was a racist. Say it was a black candidate that made comments against illegal immigrants from Mexico . His case then gets assigned to a Mexican and he says " this is racist" . Are we having a different conversation? You betcha. Can't have it both ways.

When your team is over 80% black players, the smart play is to keep to yourself your enthusiasm for a candidate loathed by black people. In any case, don't be emceeing a "show" for the guy, and doing it with such unbounded adoration and national publicity. But that's pretty much Rex in a nutshell.

Not so fast. There's never been a democratic candidate more maligned by the black community. I'm pretty sure they don't believe she carries around hot sauce.

Maybe that's the smart play for someone who cares too much what others think of him. Rex, no way. Even if I disagree with his support for the candidate , I d still respect the way he went about it, because that's who he is. There's nothing worse than a phony.

Exactly. Rex is of course entitled his opinion and to vote for whomever he choses, but Rex is the head coach of a team comprised predominantly of African-Americans. He should think twice about publicly endorsing (or, God forbid, stumping for) a candidate whose appeal is so overtly racist that he has attracted the support of 1 percent or less of African-Americans. He's free to do it, but it doesn't mean he should.

Got any examples of dishonest rhetoric by her minions?

Yes, brushing aside her miscues . Over -reporting biased polls. Supporting the misguided opinions and logic of BLM as fact, pointing out that Trumps tax plan won't cut taxes as much for middle class as higher brackets ( they pay more duh) and pointing out that his child care plan won't benefit someone who doesn't make enough to pay much income tax ( no kidding? Maybe you can't afford children then!) NOT mentioning that HC doesn't want to CUT anyone's taxes. This is all intellectual dishonesty aimed at stumping for Clinton.

Exactly. Rex is of course entitled his opinion and to vote for whomever he choses, but Rex is the head coach of a team comprised predominantly of African-Americans. He should think twice about publicly endorsing (or, God forbid, stumping for) a candidate whose appeal is so overtly racist that he has attracted the support of 1 percent or less of African-Americans. He's free to do it, but it doesn't mean he should.

So not being liked by African Americans makes one a racist?

That's funny, but I've found just about any commentary supporting BLM to be far more racist than anything I've ever heard Donald Trump say.

hahaha I am sure you think you have. But then again, any minority group grasping for justice is deemed "racist" by the "majority". Remember, the Panthers were formed as a RESPONSE to the Klan, but oddly, only the Panther party was labeled "racist" and seen to be threatening. It was later dismantled by the U.S gov't. It wasn't until AFTER September 11th than the Klan was looked at as a domestic terrorist group. they've lynched, they've burned, they've bombed, they've shot...beat...I could literally go on and on. Tulsa, OK riot of 1921 - bombs were dropped on black communities and churches, killing more than 300. But a group asking for militarized police to stop killing unarmed citizens... that's racist? BLM even protested for Jeremy Mardis (white child killed by police). "All Lives Matter" group was silent...funny...but BLM is racist anti white :rolleyes:

there is a GREAT book written by Howard Zinn - "A People's History of the United States". It's a wonderful read, and offer tons of facts that are omitted or altered in general textbooks seen in high school and even college. History is the only scholastic sect that faces this sort of distortion and leads to awe inspiring disconnect between cultures.

"I do not know if there is any other field of knowledge which suffers so badly as history from the sheer blind repetitions that occur year after year, and book after book." - Herbert Butterfield.

This is beyond politics. How any minority capable of an independent thought in this country respects anyone who supports Trump is beyond me.

Assuming that you return to the thread now that it's moved, let me ask this:

In lieu of supporting Trump, are you supporting a woman who laundered millions of foreign dollars to her personal 'foundation' to do favor for countries that support terrorist against the US? Do you support a woman who ran her entire time as SoS exclusively on an unsecure server?

Or do you believe that any human capable of independent thought in this country should not respect anyone who supports Hillary?

Trump is pro whatever the hell puts money in his pocket. He flip flops more than a fish out of water, denies he said things that you can easily find online, and makes up all sorts of crap.

I don't understand how people believe a single word he says.

As if the harpy is more believable?

hahaha I am sure you think you have. But then again, any minority group grasping for justice is deemed "racist" by the "majority". Remember, the Panthers were formed as a RESPONSE to the Klan, but oddly, only the Panther party was labeled "racist" and seen to be threatening. It was later dismantled by the U.S gov't. It wasn't until AFTER September 11th than the Klan was looked at as a domestic terrorist group. they've lynched, they've burned, they've bombed, they've shot...beat...I could literally go on and on. Tulsa, OK riot of 1921 - bombs were dropped on black communities and churches, killing more than 300. But a group asking for militarized police to stop killing unarmed citizens... that's racist? BLM even protested for Jeremy Mardis (white child killed by police). "All Lives Matter" group was silent...funny...but BLM is racist anti white :rolleyes:

there is a GREAT book written by Howard Zinn - "A People's History of the United States". It's a wonderful read, and offer tons of facts that are omitted or altered in general textbooks seen in high school and even college. History is the only scholastic sect that faces this sort of distortion and leads to awe inspiring disconnect between cultures.

"I do not know if there is any other field of knowledge which suffers so badly as history from the sheer blind repetitions that occur year after year, and book after book." - Herbert Butterfield.

All you have to do is read BLMs platform to see it's PATENTLY racist

As if the harpy is more believable?

All you have to do is read BLMs platform to see it's PATENTLY racist

mmm no you are reading comments of morons behind keyboard speaking on behalf of BLM...

but before this thread becomes anymore divisive, have a great day!

Go Bills

Edited by 87168

Howard Zinn was an unapologetic anti-American Communist who didn't believe one should look at history objectively, but rather that you should selectively work it backwards with an agenda so that you can manipulate "history" to be more conducive to your social and political agenda here and now.

He was a complete piece of ****, and so is the book you referenced.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker