Trump, Rex and the NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/06/bills-reportedly-have-a-trump-related-schism/

I don't know if it's possible to separate the political talk from the football talk, but I do think this is related to the Bills on the field and deserves to be discussed.

If folks could put their politics aside, can we have a discussion about whether or not our head football coach should be endorsing candidates and attending rallies regardless of party affiliation? Why risk alienating the locker room on either side? If your main concern is truly about winning and bringing a championship to Buffalo, then why even step into the fray? To me, this is just another example of Rex being more about himself than the team and his recklessness as a coach.

I think it's pretty crappy that a certain type of person thinks it's ok to publicly/socially ostracize anyone who doesnt agree with them politically. You see it everywhere, the workplace, college campuses, in media, and so on. They're a bunch of Jacobins who if given the power wouldn't stop at verbal ostracization either. I'm looking forward to the adults taking back over and steering the ship back into the middle. If a player believes that Rex endorsing Trump is a problem that will prevent them from giving 100% on the field, then they should ask to be released from their contract, and Pegs should make it so, immediately. If I'm an owner or GM, I am absolutely not interested in the type of player that puts their own stupid opinions above team cohesion.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their "anonymous" comments affect the locker room just as much. Except they are too big of babies to put their name next to their opinion. I would respect a guy who had the nerve to put his name next to what he thought. I don't respect cowards who are content to take potshots at others from their veil of anonymity. And I'm certain Rex would feel the same way.

Well, Incognito was upfront about his thoughts here. He is praising Trump's...."toughness"?? LOL

Poor dumb Richie...

Well, Incognito was upfront about his thoughts here. He is praising Trump's...."toughness"?? LOL

Poor dumb Richie...

I doubt Richie is alone in having somewhat laughable opinions. What matters is respecting your coach and team enough to not **** on them anonymously.

Well, when you publicly endorse a guy running the most racist campaign in memory, during one of the most racially-charged eras in 20 years YEAH, you're going to stir up some bad feelings along racial lines.

Hard to see that one coming, Rex.

someone please report this post so that the poster may face a ban, as this is against TOS

Well, when you publicly endorse a guy running the most racist campaign in memory, during one of the most racially-charged eras in 20 years — YEAH, you're going to stir up some bad feelings along racial lines.

Hard to see that one coming, Rex.

So, in essence, mob rules. Rex, you are not allowed to hold that opinion because a bunch of jerkoff precious snowflake millennials can't handle any dissent from their safespace hugbox ideas about how the world works. Yeah seems like a foolproof way to run an organzation. Oh, i dont like that the coach yelled at me and invalidated my identity, im not going to try now. wait until my tumblr community hears about this!

This makes no sense at all.

This is another attempt by certain members of the media to use Rex for clicks.

Whatever one may think about Rex or politics, the players (other than Mario and the former TE for the Jets) love playing for Rex.

Period.

If you have any question about that, watch the video that was posted the other day from the NFL network where LT and Deon Sanders where talking about Rex.

Ask Anthony Lynn what he thinks about Rex's treatment of people?

Dennis Thurman?

Tyrod Taylor?

Edited by Peter

I doubt Richie is alone in having somewhat laughable opinions. What matters is respecting your coach and team enough to not **** on them anonymously.

I think the NFL should be encouraging more outspokenness amongst the players:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000686138/article/william-hayes-still-out-on-dinosaurs-in-on-mermaids

It would certainly be more entertaining than an AZ/SF matchup...

This makes no sense at all.

This is another attempt by certain members of the media to use Rex for clicks.

Whatever one may think about Rex or politics, the players (other than Mario and the former TE for the Jets) love playing for Rex.

Period.

If you have any question about that, watch the video that was posted the other day from the NFL network where LT and Deon Sanders where talking about Rex.

Ask Anthony Lynn what he thinks about Rex's treatment of people?

Dennis Thurman?

Tyrod Taylor?

Do you think they made up the anonymous player comments?

Edited by jmc12290

I think the NFL should be encouraging more outspokenness amongst the players:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000686138/article/william-hayes-still-out-on-dinosaurs-in-on-mermaids

It would certainly be more entertaining than an AZ/SF matchup...

so rex is being called out by some , yet taking a knee during the anthem, just exercising ""their right to do so".. guess it all boils down to which agenda fits ones niche'

Perhaps while you're busy screaming WITCH at everyone you would like to quote the part of the TOS that everyone seems to be violating?

its the rule that politics and non football items don't belong on tsw. Incendiary remarks go to PPP when politically charged. Others have had bans and completely been wiped off this board.

Its not fair nor reasonable that such statements can be made in this forum where a retort is not allowed, condusive or even an option. There are much smarter people than I willing to discuss this matter in the thread already addressing the politics of this in PPP where you belong.

But again, this is not about YOU this is about keeping this a civil discussion related to football without political opinion and such drabble as will arise. Sorry you're too new here to get it

its the rule that politics and non football items don't belong on tsw. Incendiary remarks go to PPP when politically charged. Others have had bans and completely been wiped off this board.

Its not fair nor reasonable that such statements can be made in this forum where a retort is not allowed, condusive or even an option. There are much smarter people than I willing to discuss this matter in the thread already addressing the politics of this in PPP where you belong.

But again, this is not about YOU this is about keeping this a civil discussion related to football without political opinion and such drabble as will arise. Sorry you're too new here to get it

Just because you've made 20,000 posts of nonsense doesn't mean you're qualified to backseat-moderate a conversation. Get lost.

I think it's noteworthy that endorsement from a head coach for any other presidential candidate in the history of the USA would have have generated zero controversy.

I suppose add this as another record to the mighty Donald Trump! For his ignorance and hatred towards certain groups of people will continue to bring this country to new lows.

Ask yourself this.... If Donald Trump was given the following two scenarios what do you think he would select?

A - You will live out the rest of your life with a $100k and the vast majority of American lives will improve

B - You will continue to live above tax law and financial loop holes and spend the rest of your life as a multi-millionaire while the vast majority of Americans suffer from poor legislation.

Obvious answer folks

Are you a mod? Who are you to tell us what to do?

someone with a lot more posts than 33. And someone who will laugh when your posts are deleted.

Seriously. Keep this about football. Not the nonsense opinion of him or her.