Trump, Rex and the NFL

I'll stick to what I said. But thanks for the tip.

Lol, step back from being an ass. You don't like Trump. We understand and most of us agree. That doesn't mean we all have to agree with your opinion on these comments.

You started with the idea that it's subjective.

You ended with anyone disagreeing with your subjective opinion being wrong.

You're not being misunderstood.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, step back from being an ass. You don't like Trump. We understand and most of us agree. That doesn't mean we all have to agree with your opinion on these comments.

You started with the idea that it's subjective.

You ended with anyone disagreeing with your subjective opinion being wrong.

You're not being misunderstood.

It is subjective which means that there is no clear cut answer. It's not like a math equation where you know that x + z = y

And yes, I'm guilty of lumping anyone who disagreed with me as having "Trump blinders". I could have omitted that part, or stated that better, but the overall arching point that I made stands.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/06/bills-reportedly-have-a-trump-related-schism/

I don't know if it's possible to separate the political talk from the football talk, but I do think this is related to the Bills on the field and deserves to be discussed.

If folks could put their politics aside, can we have a discussion about whether or not our head football coach should be endorsing candidates and attending rallies regardless of party affiliation? Why risk alienating the locker room on either side? If your main concern is truly about winning and bringing a championship to Buffalo, then why even step into the fray? To me, this is just another example of Rex being more about himself than the team and his recklessness as a coach.

This issue is coming about in work places across the country. It is a shame that we must judge another based upon their first amendment rights.

I feel hypocrisy exists here in that players want to speak n their own beliefs but dismiss others who contradict them. This is not a single partisan issue. This is all walks of people from all backgrounds that can be vulnerable.

If we disagree with a player, coworker, boss, underlying for what they believe that needs no bearing on how we behave professionally.

Those that thing their politics surpass others for any reason are a fool. Those who judge Rex for his Trump speech must ask themselves would they judge him for speaking on behalf of Clinton?

I do not care one bit what Ryan does away from the Bills. No one else should, either, so long as it does not harm others. We are no more personally invested in Rex Ryan than we are the candidates.

I hope this can be a good topic and not end up casting stones and taking pot shots at others who do not agree with their high ground.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/06/bills-reportedly-have-a-trump-related-schism/

I don't know if it's possible to separate the political talk from the football talk, but I do think this is related to the Bills on the field and deserves to be discussed.

If folks could put their politics aside, can we have a discussion about whether or not our head football coach should be endorsing candidates and attending rallies regardless of party affiliation? Why risk alienating the locker room on either side? If your main concern is truly about winning and bringing a championship to Buffalo, then why even step into the fray? To me, this is just another example of Rex being more about himself than the team and his recklessness as a coach.

When I find out my boss supports X and I support Y I still do my job the same way. If my boss supports anyone in this election I will plead with HR to widen the scope on drug tests.

This issue is coming about in work places across the country. It is a shame that we must judge another based upon their first amendment rights.

I feel hypocrisy exists here in that players want to speak n their own beliefs but dismiss others who contradict them. This is not a single partisan issue. This is all walks of people from all backgrounds that can be vulnerable.

If we disagree with a player, coworker, boss, underlying for what they believe that needs no bearing on how we behave professionally.

Those that thing their politics surpass others for any reason are a fool. Those who judge Rex for his Trump speech must ask themselves would they judge him for speaking on behalf of Clinton?

I do not care one bit what Ryan does away from the Bills. No one else should, either, so long as it does not harm others. We are no more personally invested in Rex Ryan than we are the candidates.

I hope this can be a good topic and not end up casting stones and taking pot shots at others who do not agree with their high ground.

While all of that may be true, my main point is that shouldn't he have known that this would be an issue, and didn't he put vocally supporting his candidate above not creating an unnecessary distraction for the team? Of course he has the right to speak out about his political beliefs. No one should be against that. But my question is, do we want a coach that places that above concerns for team chemistry and can't think ahead to how these type of things may create an issue? To me, that's what it he did here. Typical Rex IMO.

I do hear the argument that you should do your job no matter what, but there's a certain reality to this situation that needs to be acknowledged. Is Rex putting team success on the line here by creating an unnecessary distraction? Bill Belichick is a HUGE tea partier and conservative, be he knows better than to show up at Trump rallies because it is a distraction from winning football games.

Well, since the word racist is a subjective term, it doesn't surprise me that many of those voting for Trump don't find his comments to be racist. On the other hand, for most of the general public, they disagree. I happen to be one of them, his comments were from my view, undeniably racist. We've gone over them time and time again and for the life of me, anyone who doesn't believe that lumping in all Mexicans or even if you take him at his word that illegal immigrants from Mexico crossing on over are rapists and drug dealers and he "supposes" some are good people as not being racist, I honestly don't know what to tell you. Other than you got your Trump blinders on.

That is a racist comment, there really is no other way to categorize it.

Wake up Magox, I think I got something to say to you...

I have to believe that basically EVERY president has been a racist, it's just that Trump is such a blowhard, that he has revealed more of his attitudes. Any presidential candidate is promoted by White Elitists.

I find the current Republican leaders protests about Trump being racist to be ridiculous, considering that their party has been associated with racist policies for so long. I think they went all in on the Latino vote, and it backfired, leaving Trump. They hate Trump, and like the rest DC, fear he will throw a monkey wrench into their lucrative business as usual, "pay to play" set up.

I don't believe for a minute that Hillary or Bill (or Bush, or Reagan, or Carter, or Nixon, or....) are some kind of great humanitarians, deeply concerned with the plight of African-Americans. It's all just careerist nonsense, and they couldn't give a fig. It's all just kind of an appeasement, and some candidates are willing to give more appeasement than others. I doubt the Black community believes Hillary actually cares, they just know that the Democrat's policies traditionally favor the Black community.

I have heard some people claim "Trump will embolden the White Supremacist's", yet so far the real violence has come from his opponents. And can it not be argued that Obama's stint has emboldened Black protesters to violence?

So what do you think of their actual positions, or is it all just whining about the personalities of the candidates?

Edited by HoF Watkins

The anonymous Bills players making comments about Rex to the media are total cowards. At least Rex has the stones to admit what he believes publicly.

Politics aside :thumbsup: totally agree.. it is nice to see that some men still have nads.

Edited by dwight in philly

:thumbsup: totally agree.. it is nice to see that some men still have nads.

\

LMAO.. Ok so you want this player(s) to publicly call out the HC.. Would you then think its nice that this or these players now have nads.. How do you think that would effect the locker room. As of now its becoming pretty obvious there is problems in the locker-room because Rex "has Nads"

Well I thought rex was a buffoon but now I know he is

\

LMAO.. Ok so you want this player(s) to publicly call out the HC.. Would you then think its nice that this or these players now have nads.. How do you think that would effect the locker room. As of now its becoming pretty obvious there is problems in the locker-room because Rex "has Nads"

no, i would prefer that the players concentrate on their job.. if the want to speak out politically..OWN IT.. doesnt remotely qualify as "calling out " their coach if they do.

Edited by dwight in philly

\

Their "anonymous" comments affect the locker room just as much. Except they are too big of babies to put their name next to their opinion. I would respect a guy who had the nerve to put his name next to what he thought. I don't respect cowards who are content to take potshots at others from their veil of anonymity. And I'm certain Rex would feel the same way.

Well, when you publicly endorse a guy running the most racist campaign in memory, during one of the most racially-charged eras in 20 years — YEAH, you're going to stir up some bad feelings along racial lines.

Hard to see that one coming, Rex.

So you're argument is that since every other president was or is a racist, it's no big deal that he is more transparent about it?

Gotcha

For all we know, Trump's policies may help the Black community more than Hillary's. Immigrants have been displacing Blacks in the job market, and the housing market. For instance, in Los Angeles, Latinos are up in arms about gentrification, and being priced out of their traditional neighborhoods. What none of them mention is how the wave of Latinos (many Illegals) has displaced Blacks. Much of South Central is no longer a Black majority. Watts, is no longer a Black community, it's Mexican, and it didn't happen without plenty of gang violence.

I believe that there is more to this election than just the publicly displayed racial attitudes of the candidates. Apparently for you, it's the only issue.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I believe that there is more to this election than just the publicly displayed racial attitudes of the candidates. Apparently for you, it's the only issue.

Well, then you haven't been paying attention.

Well, when you publicly endorse a guy running the most racist campaign in memory, during one of the most racially-charged eras in 20 years — YEAH, you're going to stir up some bad feelings along racial lines.

Hard to see that one coming, Rex.

"racist campaign" not sure about that, i would think that is your opinion. not a fact.. and JMHO.