Where do you put Lawson when he comes back.

Davealan74

A DL is only as good as its depth. It would be impractical and irresponsible to give Shaq a lot of snaps. He should be slowly worked in and earn a roll within the DL.

I look forward to his impact in future years more than I do now. I'm just seriously hoping he isn't rushed back and is truly health upon his return

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexander has been playing some good ball the last few weeks and i'm not really sure where we should use Lawson when he comes back. Alexander has 22 tackles 4 sacks and 2 force fumbles. You think they might move some guys around to get him in the mix. The way our D has been playing I think we should leave well enough alone. Whats your thoughts?

backup LB and rushing the QB

Ami missing something? Has there actually been any indication that we will bring Lawson back? I think he's already served his suspension.

The other Lawson. The one named after the gold bond guy who also may have played basketball but not confirmed.

Alexander is old and cannot keep up this production. He will start slowing down by the time Lawson is back.

Can't say this. Although I question the wisdom of also playing him on ST's. Not saying he can't do both, but I'd rather not have him expend energy on ST's when he's so valuable to the defense.

Absolutely no question you rotate him in slowly. He will probably be the first one in to spell Hughes and Alexander, with the opportunity to overtake Alexander should he be more productive. Huge addition to the depth on defense.

I love the declarative you make. What are you basing it on from an evidence perspective besides age?

Didnt you watch Creed? Age is undefeated! Rocky didnt beat Apollo, age beat Apollo. The ignorance of some of the posters on this board is unfathomable!

True.

No harm in being conservative with his freshness though...IF Shaq's production/reliability is comparable.

Alexander has very low miles on the tread for a 33 year old guy in his 12 season. That's my reasoning for challenging the blanket statement that he'll slow down just because of his age. The Bills aren't playing Alexander on every series as it is. He was on the field for 40 of the 56 defensive snaps vs. NE and thus far this season he's been in for 185 of the 280 defensive snaps. They are not overworking him.

IDK, James Harrison is a bona fide freak.

In this day and age anytime I see an "athletic freak" I immediately wonder what they are on. Especially if they are performing beyond their years. (Like a certain 39 year old QB who likes his balls soft.)

That said, it might be time to just say f##k it and allow all PEDs in the pros. I mean when you get right down to it we want our freaks, don't we? Athletes already mash their brains into pudding for our entertainment. Why not let them juice?

In this day and age anytime I see an "athletic freak" I immediately wonder what they are on. Especially if they are performing beyond their years. (Like a certain 39 year old QB who likes his balls soft.)

That said, it might be time to just say f##k it and allow all PEDs in the pros. I mean when you get right down to it we want our freaks, don't we? Athletes already mash their brains into pudding for our entertainment. Why not let them juice?

I think he means mental freak. Steve Smith of defense - he's playing at a high level at that age because he's mentally unstable and wants to hit things...