"Experts" Picks week 5 versus the Rams

CodeMonkey

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Amos model seems to be extremely aggressive this year and weights the most recent game very heavily. Since the Pats got shut out by the Bills and sucked in pretty much every category doing so, it's giving Cleveland the nod this week, Also, it has no concept of individual players so it does not know of Tom Terrifics return.

The Amos model seems to be extremely aggressive this year and weights the most recent game very heavily. Since the Pats got shut out by the Bills and sucked in pretty much every category doing so, it's giving Cleveland the nod this week, Also, it has no concept of individual players so it does not know of Tom Terrifics return.

Then how does it give 7% for the Bills after they pitched a shutout? Did the Rams dominate the Cards that much more? :huh:

Rams are 30th in scoring offense with 15.8 points per game and dead last by a mile in team offense with 269 yards per game.

Bills should have no issues keeping them down in points...the question will be can they score enough points...

Seattle held the Rams to 9, but only scored 3 of their own...

Surprisingly the Bills are both better in total defense and scoring defense than the Rams...

Edited by matter2003

It's a toss up game, Rams have a slightly better defense but it is about a push as both defense are pretty dam good. Rams special teams are slightly better since their kicker is better and they have Austin who is a threat in the return game. Bills have a better offensive unit, I would take Tyrod at QB and the Bills offensive line while skill positions are a push. Rams of course are at home which is an advantage.

This seems to me like it is going to be a 1 score game that comes down to turnovers and one or two big plays. If the Bills are a playoff team they win this game, if they lose tough road to hoe.

I don't know about the Bills having a better offense. The Rams have Gurly at running back. He's a beast that teams can't seem to stop. Buffalo just does not match up well with this team. A great back and a tough defense is a bad match for the Bills.

I don't know about the Bills having a better offense. The Rams have Gurly at running back. He's a beast that teams can't seem to stop. Buffalo just does not match up well with this team. A great back and a tough defense is a bad match for the Bills.

At the risk of looking stupid come Sunday the 4 teams they played did a good job of keeping Gurley down.

17 carries 47 yards

19 carries 51 yards

27 carries 85 yards

19 carries 33 yards

I realize we still have to prove ourselves more before we get the respect of the "experts," but I am surprised how many Rams picks are coming in. I think they seem like far more of a flukey 3-1 than we seem a flukey 2-2.

Rams are 30th in scoring offense with 15.8 points per game and dead last by a mile in team offense with 269 yards per game.

The RAM's scored 37 on the Buccaneers who are giving up 32 points per game. In the other 3 games the RAM's have scored a total of 22 points (7.33 points/game).