Week 5: Rams' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Rams moved to LA, they left the Dome in St. Louis, it wouldn't fit on the truck. They play outside now at the LA Coliseum.

I actually knew that, but apparently am also stupid during the hours of 12am and 11:59pm

Suprises me. I thought the Bills would be bigger dawgs here. They are basically saying that the Bills are better than the Rams on a neutral field. And even with the +3 for the Rams being at home and the Bills flying across country, we are still only + 2.5?

I don't buy it. This line will surely go up. I think.

I can't see how many impartial people will think the Bills can cover that with the way the Rams defense is playing going back to last year. They must have zero offense.

Suprises me. I thought the Bills would be bigger dawgs here. They are basically saying that the Bills are better than the Rams on a neutral field. And even with the +3 for the Rams being at home and the Bills flying across country, we are still only + 2.5?

I can't see how many impartial people will think the Bills can cover that with the way the Rams defense is playing going back to last year. They must have zero offense.

The Rams have scored 0 vs SF, 9 vs SEA, 30 vs TB, and 17 vs ARZ in their four games to date. Their offensive unit is not good at all.

Living in AZ, I spent the afternoon watching the Rams/Cards game. Here are some observations on the Rams:

1) Offensively they are unimaginative. They will slam Gurley against 8-9 man fronts 20 times, regardless of the results. They will throw a couple bombs to Tavon Austin. Most effective weapon last week was screen pass, and Keenum had a couple sneaky escape plays that were called back.

2) Defense is a handful- their Dline is huge and relentless, and the secondary can make some plays

3) They really are borderline dirty still- a few hits on Palmer were....close to being cheap. We better keep Richie under control so he doesn't have another 3 penalty game

4) They like ugly football games- talent wise it's a close match up

Edited by hmsmystic

Their defense has been good this year but it did not look good today. They barely rushed TT (he had all day on a number of plays) and the coverage played way off of our receivers. So yes, it was very vanilla today and did not play well.

This is just silly. They didn't look good because our O Line was physical and blocked them. They didn't pressure TT because the did a contain rush to keep TT from running. Didn't work. They gave us the middle, we took it. So please don't spoon out that "they didnt look good" crap. We made them look bad.

Defenses are a wash.

Both have great RB's.

They have more offensive weapons, but our O-line is stronger.

For me, it will come down to QB execution, I like our chances!

This is my take as well. It's really even across the board, but I think we have them at QB. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Their defense has been good this year but it did not look good today. They barely rushed TT (he had all day on a number of plays) and the coverage played way off of our receivers. So yes, it was very vanilla today and did not play well.

Yes, because that is what worked well against him last year.

Defenses are a wash.

Both have great RB's.

They have more offensive weapons, but our O-line is stronger.

For me, it will come down to QB execution, I like our chances!

What weapons do the Rams have other than Gurley? Their WR Corp is worse than ours and Clay is much better than their TE. And they have Case Keenum as QB.

0, 9 and 17 points in 3 of their games...scored 37 against TB but it seems like everyone does

they have been the NFC Bills in the past. However, playing at home for them is a little different. These are mostly new fans. I think they will check out early if their team goes down. They aren't as invested as some fan bases who will stick it out and give a real home field advantage. Don't forget it's a homecoming for Robert Woods, Robey-Coleman and Kevon Seymour who played their college ball in that stadium. And maybe Reggie Bush (if still on the team and active).

I hope the Bills win but won't be surprised if they lose. I do think the Rams tend to play better vs their own division than the rest of the league.

Or you could say their fans have been starving for a team and finally have one and are dedicated..