Patriots Message board is fantastic right now.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so true.

I hope this continues. It would be nice to be on a level playing field.

Yes, he had a great time. I did as well for the short time I was there.

I would like to go back next summer, catch a Red Sox game, see the sights, maybe go down to the Cape . . . .

I like Boston and the surrounding area . . . and (shhhh) the people as well.

Yeah, but they are all band wagon fans who really like the NY Giants.

They built a Bass Pro in our town recently. I can't believe anyone in Buffalo thought that was going to be some kind of downtown attraction. They did Buffalo a favor not building.

My brother was a fisherman and Bass Pro was his favorite place to go hang out. If you aren't a fisherman it tends to get old real quick.

Doubtful

Many are Red Sox fans who filled Fenway when the team had not won a World Series until recently.

the Pats are not the socks. I grew up going to watch the Padres play. Nobody went to see the chargers..... except the year they lost the super bowl to the f-ing pats*

The NE game is always Rexs Super Bowl.

No offense--every team's fans say this when Buffalo beats them.

Both Jets games last year were "our super bowl" according to Jets' fans.

This game was apparently "our super bowl" according to Pats' fans.

Green Bay fans were chirping about how beating them in 2014 was "our super bowl".

Some fans may be too recent to understand this, but the Super Bowl is actually "our super bowl". This isn't our first rodeo; we actually used to be really, really good. Dominant even. 6 division championships in 7 years and 4 straight Super Bowl appearances.

I can assure all of you of one thing: while we are always happy to beat our opponent, nothing will be "our super bowl" until we win the Super Bowl.

the Pats are not the socks. I grew up going to watch the Padres play. Nobody went to see the chargers..... except the year they lost the super bowl to the f-ing pats*

Huh? That's not possible there is no way the Chargers faced the Pats in the SB. I think they have only faced eachother twice, once was the AFCCG where the Chargers left it all out there. (I want to say Rivers as playing threw some nasty injuries)

Huh? That's not possible there is no way the Chargers faced the Pats in the SB. I think they have only faced eachother twice, once was the AFCCG where the Chargers left it all out there. (I want to say Rivers as playing threw some nasty injuries)

You're right... it was San Francisco. Not the Pats* but still san diego always supported the Padres. Could care less about the chargers. At least while I lived there from the late 80's to the late 90's.

Most current NE fans don't even know who Steve Grogan and John Hannah were, let alone Tony Collins.

I'll bet most them also don't know the Pats only exist today because Ralph Wilson loaned them the money to stay alive back when the "fans" were few & far between.

I'll bet most them also don't know the Pats only exist today because Ralph Wilson loaned them the money to stay alive back when the "fans" were few & far between.

I think you are referencing the early 60's when Ralph bailed out Al Davis because he couldn't make his payroll. I don't recall him helping out the Pat*s.

Sure. I lived in Boston from 1988-1997 and could walk up to the ticket window and buy tickets to any Sox game (except when the Yankees were in town) the evening of the game. The games were rarely sold out. I also attended a good number of Pats* games during that time and the place was 50% full at best. People aren't going to pay $200 per ticket and $50 to park to watch a team that doesn't win consistently once Brady takes his Uggs and goes home.

Sox fans in New England more than proved themselves in the many years leading up to '04.

Going to games did become a trendy thing to do since then though, so demand and ticket prices have gone up. And the newer owners definitely capitalized on it.

If there had been a Stub Hub back in the 80s and 90s those games would have been technically sold-out too.

But the interest in the Pats is a totally new and different animal from the old days.

Lol every winning team has band wagon fans. A long time winning team has a larger portion of them. That said it will be interesting to see how the fan base looks when the decline happens. I know I'll still be out there watching and cheering (and yes booing my right since I pay almost 3k for my season tickets)

The blaming of the refs is amazing. I only listened to the game, but it seems like the refs called a clean game - something those fans are probably not used to.

Agreed- me and a couple of guys commented during he game that it seemed like the refs called a very even game. No team seemed to be favored and, if anything they let a few pushes that were borderline go for both sides. Probably one of the better refed Pats-Bills games I recall in years.

Agreed- me and a couple of guys commented during he game that it seemed like the refs called a very even game. No team seemed to be favored and, if anything they let a few pushes that were borderline go for both sides. Probably one of the better refed Pats-Bills games I recall in years.

As a Bills fan, I am both surprised and pleased that they game was called the way it was.