Time to fire Whaley

I know people are mad, but no 1st in 2015 and come away with Darby and John Miller back to back studs IMO. There are teams with multiple 1sts that wish they had that type of success.

Those were great picks many overlook, or they are stained by all the other bad picks. And honestly, EJ was the best QB in that draft but we coulda picked him up in the 2nd round.

Not talent wise. We know he is very good, I would argue one of the best in the NFL. But what good is he if he is injured, I get it.

What bothers me is Sammy hasnt even taking any bad hits in the past 2 seasons, I think he almost got killed his rookie year but lately he hasnt even got hit like that. Im sitting here like WTF Watkins??

Yeah, what's up with this guy drafting people that get hurt? The Bills should fire everyone? Who's the guy that put together the New Era deal? What about the person that decided on the Ralph statue? Why is the team store so big? What about the jerk that named the fieldhouse after Ad Pro? If I were the Pegulas I would just walk around and fire people because the team is only 1-2. We definitely need to hold everyone accountable.

Na. Just need to keep our standards really low with this team. Tell ourselves 8-8 is the new 16-0. 9-7? Thats like winning four superbowls in a row!

Na. Just need to keep our standards really low with this team. Tell ourselves 8-8 is the new 16-0. 9-7? Thats like winning four superbowls in a row!

Or build and execute a plan? A lot of great organizations have started over every 2 years...

This is the stupidest thread since the last one that looks like it. I'm getting close to signing off this board Mrags style. I used to like talking football here. Now it's just ridiculous, overreactions with no solutions. This place is at a low point and it's stupid threads like this that put us there.

Or build and execute a plan? A lot of great organizations have started over every 2 years...

This is the stupidest thread since the last one that looks like it. I'm getting close to signing off this board Mrags style. I used to like talking football here. Now it's just ridiculous, overreactions with no solutions. This place is at a low point and it's stupid threads like this that put us there.

16 years of no playoffs will do that. People are frustrated and they have every right to be. Maybe the context is off base, ridiculous, even insane. But the frustration level isnt and this season is looking no different. Is it to much to ask for more than 8-8 every year? Being a fan doesnt require you to accept a lousy product. As much as you hate the negative people is as much as I cant stand the people who act like weve one the last ten superbowls. You say anything even remotely critical and you get attacked like a wounded jack rabbit surrounded by rabid dogs. Edited by TANK2

And another knucklehead is heard from. Dude - that is what you call yourself right? -- what made you think we all were just waiting for the nine hundred and fiftieth "Whaley must go" thread? Or did you not know there were already active threads on this very same topic? Do you not know how to search thru topics before you jump in and embarrass yourself? Man oh man oh man.

I'm going with the guy who has worked in multiple front offices. I tip my cap to Kirby for the above comment and hope to restore some sanity to our fan base.

Why do we want to fire/cut everyone after two years? What is wrong with us? Have we become Red Sox fans?

This guy is a joke for GM and his moves or lack of them are franchise killers, drafting a player with a #1 pick (Shaq) that was damaged goods before the draft. Drafting EJ and then throwing away picks to get Sammy in a draft that was loaded with WR talent. Hey Sammy may be a great player someday but we could have really used those picks and still got ourselves a very good WR.

The depth at WR even before Sammy was injured was just not good enough . Was it not Whaley who said EJ had the "it" factor?

The guy needs to shown the door and bring in someone with experience who clearly understands that you need a QB to win in this league. Is anyone happy with the contract he handed Taylor after just one decent season? but hey Rex said we won the offseason with all of Whaley's great moves.

This whole entire team needs to be torn down. Tie Rod is not worth the contract, Glass Watkins is proving to be a waste of picks. Of all the mess EJ is the least of the worries. They needed to draft a QB that year. This team is void of discipline and talent to make a push for the playoffs anytime soon.

To Kirby's point, is it really our job as fans to find a solution? We the fans pay the salaries of those who are responsible for keeping this team from being the laughing stock of the NFL......

And another knucklehead is heard from. Dude - that is what you call yourself right? -- what made you think we all were just waiting for the nine hundred and fiftieth "Whaley must go" thread? Or did you not know there were already active threads on this very same topic? Do you not know how to search thru topics before you jump in and embarrass yourself? Man oh man oh man.

Why are you responding to the thread??????

Edited by DirtDart

16 years of no playoffs will do that. People are frustrated and they have every right to be. Maybe the context is off base, ridiculous, even insane. But the frustration level isnt and this season is looking no different. Is it to much to ask for more than 8-8 every year? Being a fan doesnt require you to accept a lousy product. As much as you hate the negative people is as much as I cant stand the people who act like weve one the last ten superbowls. You say anything even remotely critical and you get attacked like a wounded jack rabbit surrounded by rabid dogs.

People do have a right to be frustrated but the solutions are rarely to behave in a reactionary way. I'd say indeed that it is that which has gotten the Bills to this point.

Damn, that was an absolutely epic, stellar, amazing, jaw-dropping WR class.

It's hard to argue value on Sammy even if he was healthy and all-world for us...which he was not.

Whaley hasn't changed since he got here. I liken him to a drunk kid away at college with an unlimited credit card. Whaley has no control of his spending habits be it money or draft picks.

He does need to be fired.

I honestly would take most of you....armed with websites and a few draft magazines, over our GMs during this playoff sahara drought.

Sure, and even throw in a scouting team.

It would be almost impossible to do a worse job than our GMs.

Firing isn't helpful at this point,

Let Whaley finish his contract, then decide.

You don't want the team to get a rep of firing people and revolving door. If you do get that rep, you'll have a hard time attracting talent at all levels.

Look at Cleveland. I'd hardly say the people they have hired are the cream of the crop--probably no one of any quan expressed an interest.

Edited by boater

This guy is a joke for GM and his moves or lack of them are franchise killers, drafting a player with a #1 pick (Shaq) that was damaged goods before the draft. Drafting EJ and then throwing away picks to get Sammy in a draft that was loaded with WR talent. Hey Sammy may be a great player someday but we could have really used those picks and still got ourselves a very good WR.

The depth at WR even before Sammy was injured was just not good enough . Was it not Whaley who said EJ had the "it" factor?

The guy needs to shown the door and bring in someone with experience who clearly understands that you need a QB to win in this league. Is anyone happy with the contract he handed Taylor after just one decent season? but hey Rex said we won the offseason with all of Whaley's great moves.

Curious - who was he "high-fiving" on screen when Sammy was picked? Who also said EJ had the it factor? Hmmm, let me think.....

Let the season play out. I have a feeling it will be a no brainer by season's end.

Exactly. Either Rex and Whaley will prove they deserve to stay or they will be shown the door. Gotta let the season play out. But injuries can NOT be an excuse this year for these two. Anything less than 7-9 and I'd expect both gone and rightfully so.

Whose responsibility is it for announcing, and also the timing of the announcement, the inactives for each week? The only reason I can come up with on why the Bills announced Sammy yesterday vs waiting till tomorrow is because they felt they would lose out on Justin Hunter. IDK.......I am grasping for air here.

Just an utter shame how the franchise has taken a big step back since T Peg cut the check.

Edited by BillsinChesterSprings

Sorry Dude but you're wrong. If you look back before that draft, most people(fans) believed the Bills were set at QB. At the time, most people thought all EJ needed was a playmaker to pair him with! Also, at the time, most people would have traded up to #1 to get Sammy. He was considered head and shoulders above all of the WR's available that year.

Don't let the fact that Marrone basically ruined EJ, and the fact that Sammy has been hampered by multiple injuries that even the best psychic could not have seen coming, cloud that puny nut inside your skull.

Sh!t happens and you want someone's head. Tough sh!t! Injuries aren't what get GM's fired, it's piss poor talent, which we had seen from around 2003-2012, that get GM's fired.

I'm not thrilled about the current situation but the Bills are finally showing signs of life with some extremely talented ball players and we cannot go through another reset, fire everyone, and start over again. This team needs continuity in the worst way and Whaley brings that and I believe the Pegulas see that too.

The point here is not if Sammy is talented, there were many other WR'S available. I am not blaming him for Sammy's health issues but this team was not set at QB and he goes all in for WR in a drafted that was loaded with WR talent. Now this year our first round pick was damaged goods before even being drafted.

Watkins was clearly the class of that draft. Go back and look at the draft coverage. Julio Jones comparisons, etc. Nobody had grades like he did that year. You can argue who is better now but I loved that we were getting a premier WR and injuries happen man. Nobody knew OBJ and Landry would be studs. Maybe Evans but he didn't have Sammy's speed or pedigree.

This is a cop-out. The NFL is a bottom-line business. It makes no difference how highly rated Watkins was before the draft--he has been a poor return on investment, especially in the context of the 2014 draft, and that is what Whaley should be judged on, even if the poor return is due largely to injuries. Injuries are a risk for all players and that's one more reason it's a bad idea to use three premium picks on one player who's not a QB--too much investment tied to the health and productivity of one guy.

If ever there was a year to not panic and just let the draft come to you, it was 2014. But Whaley just couldn't do it. There was still a huge amount of talent left on the board, and not just at WR. For example,lots of speculation that the Bills loved Aaron Donald and that he would be their pick if they stayed put.

This is a cop-out. The NFL is a bottom-line business. It makes no difference how highly rated Watkins was before the draft--he has been a poor return on investment, especially in the context of the 2014 draft, and that is what Whaley should be judged on, even if the poor return is due largely to injuries. Injuries are a risk for all players and that's one more reason it's a bad idea to use three premium picks on one player who's not a QB--too much investment tied to the health and productivity of one guy.

If ever there was a year to not panic and just let the draft come to you, it was 2014. But Whaley just couldn't do it. There was still a huge amount of talent left on the board, and not just at WR. For example,lots of speculation that the Bills loved Aaron Donald and that he would be their pick if they stayed put.

You make no sense! Watkins A) is injured. How do you predict that!!! B) is always open and doesn't get many targets.

Where am I copping out? Who is your team? I'll find 3 examples of draft misses from last year alone.