Is Sean Payton done?

Dragonborn10

Apparently the defensive issues were not all Rob Ryan's fault.

He was on the hot seat last year, Atlanta is better this year, and Tampa Bay is at least competitive.

Does he get the Marvin Lewis treatment and stick around for the rebuild? Or do they agree to move in different directions?

If the Saints fire him, I think he ends up in Tennessee after the Titans realize they messed up hiring Mularkey.

In fact Mularkey might be gone first.

What say you all???

It's the roster. More particularly, dead money.

The front office needs changes and that includes less power in coach's hands

Yeah, you know I thought it was Drew Brees and his ridiculous money, but looking under the hood they have made some bad personnel and contract decisions. $6M here, $4M there pretty soon it's $41M in dead money this year.

And it could be worse - for example, cutting Boo-Boo Byrd would cost $17.4M - yikes!

And if you're gonna pay that much $$ for a QB it might as well be for Brees as for Osweiler.

Brees isn't the problem. They have some good pieces, their problem is defense and lack of a legit tight end. Without Graham, and Colston they aren't as explosive. Now their defense can't anyone. They literally are a sieve.

Edited by Dr.Sack

the never play with a lead....or run the ball or try to keep their defense off the field. Typically get down 20-25 pts then pad the passing stats as they come up short again....see Stafford and the Lions. Then people see numbers and say well its the offense its the defense

2016 0-3

2015 7-9

2014 7-9

2013 11-5

2012 7-9

thats not good enough for a 30 million dollar qb and 37 years old

Dennis Allen sucks

no rob ryan, no Joe Vitt, No Gregg Williams, no Rick Venturri,

its called team football and Payton refuses to play it

the never play with a lead....or run the ball or try to keep their defense off the field. Typically get down 20-25 pts then pad the passing stats as they come up short again....see Stafford and the Lions. Then people see numbers and say well its the offense its the defense

2016 0-3

2015 7-9

2014 7-9

2013 11-5

2012 7-9

At least Rob Ryan had the 4th ranked D in his first year there...I believe it was the year we last played them where Thad Lewis played for an injured EJ Manuel...

Apparently the defensive issues were not all Rob Ryan's fault.

He was on the hot seat last year, Atlanta is better this year, and Tampa Bay is at least competitive.

Does he get the Marvin Lewis treatment and stick around for the rebuild? Or do they agree to move in different directions?

If the Saints fire him, I think he ends up in Tennessee after the Titans realize they messed up hiring Mularkey.

In fact Mularkey might be gone first.

What say you all???

He's a good coach but need new GM to pick/get better players and probably a better DC , Vic Fangio could be available next yr (Bears DC, Former 49ers and Stanford DC under Jim Harbaugh)

2016 0-3

2015 7-9

2014 7-9

2013 11-5

2012 7-9

They do try to run the ball. They traded Graham for Unger with an eye towards running the ball and start every game trying to play as a power running team. But when the opponent looks like it's a 7 on 7 drill vs your defense you can't stick with a ball control offensive gameplan and expect to be in games.

They've invested heavily in their defense in drafts, but have little to no impact players to show for it. The cap mismanagement on top of the poor drafting shows where the problem is and it's not with Brees or Payton.

They do try to run the ball. They traded Graham for Unger with an eye towards running the ball and start every game trying to play as a power running team. But when the opponent looks like it's a 7 on 7 drill vs your defense you can't stick with a ball control offensive gameplan and expect to be in games.

They've invested heavily in their defense in drafts, but have little to no impact players to show for it. The cap mismanagement on top of the poor drafting shows where the problem is and it's not with Brees or Payton.

This guy gets it

It's the roster. More particularly, dead money.

The front office needs changes and that includes less power in coach's hands

I told you 2 years ago they should of unloaded Brees. You said it would never happen & you were right. But it was very short sighted to keep him & pay him all that money when the rest of the roster was horrible.

I told you 2 years ago they should of unloaded Brees. You said it would never happen & you were right. But it was very short sighted to keep him & pay him all that money when the rest of the roster was horrible.

And then begin the decades long search for the next franchise QB. Correct me if I am wrong but the last guy before Brees that could be considered the franchise QB was Archie Manning.

if they hit on half of the deals or picks in the last two years the roster wouldnt be horrible. Like 5-6 of the big dead money hits right now are contracts signed in the last 2 years.

add in the injury bug to the $40m dead and theres not a chance they could be productive right now. but if healthy and getting high level play out of galette, jimmy graham, browner, etc.... and their 1st rounder this year wasnt hurt, and last years could do anything, or if the free agent splash that was byrd worked out at all.

The team shouldnt be THIS bad with the opportunities to get better that they have had.