Rex is an idiot

DC Bills Fan

I was listening to the post-game press conference and when he said this I literally cringed. So now you know, Julian Edelman and Belichick are game planning their asses off for wild cat run, wildcat run, wild cat pass to Hogan for an 80 yd TD. That's just the way the Pats operate. Any other team would have picked up a free agent veteran QB for two weeks...but not the Hoodie. He takes pride in finding a way to win with the players he has...and that will be a huge "F.U." to Rex when they kick our ass with a Kent State QB. Rex is a friggin' fool sometimes.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to the post-game press conference and when he said this I literally cringed. So now you know, Julian Edelman and Belichick are game planning their asses off for wild cat run, wildcat run, wild cat pass to Hogan for an 80 yd TD. That's just the way the Pats operate. Any other team would have picked up a free agent veteran QB for two weeks...but not the Hoodie. He takes pride in finding a way to win with the players he has...and that will be a huge "F.U." to Rex when they kick our ass with a Kent State QB. Rex is a friggin' fool sometimes.

i mean is he a fool? if edelman beats us at QB and Rex never said anything, is that somehow better?!

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

Isn't the "rex is an idiot" idea being discussed in, like, every other thread?

Everywhere else people are tap dancing around it with thinly veiled hashtag references. I admire the directness of this one. To further contribute some slightly different banter along the way... His scheme for teeth whitening seems to be a strong part of his game.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

He was pretty good at kent state - not much of a passer though. But he's quick, smart and can run with the best of em.

i mean is he a fool? if edelman beats us at QB and Rex never said anything, is that somehow better?!

"We'll go out and play our best game. The Patriots will also. They are a great team. I look forward to the matchup" (If we lose, our team (a/k/a coach) doesn't look like a fool.)

vs.

"I don't care who they put out there as QB...Steve Grogan...(ha ha ha, chuckle, belly laugh)" (If we lose to a WR ex Kent State QB and another backup QB with a bum shoulder, then yes, it hurts because we lost and it's embarrassing because our coach can't keep his yap shut...."foot in mouth")

"We'll go out and play our best game. The Patriots will also. They are a great team. I look forward to the matchup" (If we lose, our team (a/k/a coach) doesn't look like a fool.)

vs.

"I don't care who they put out there as QB...Steve Grogan...(ha ha ha, chuckle, belly laugh)" (If we lose to a WR ex Kent State QB and another backup QB with a bum shoulder, then yes, it hurts because we lost and it's embarrassing because our coach can't keep his yap shut...."foot in mouth")

a loss is a loss. rex has already been owned by BB whether he says something or not. the pats want to beat everyone in a fashionable way. BB isn't scouring the news to tailor game plans based on what someone said about the team. that's inane.

This is nothing new for Rex Ryan! Things went his way for this game and now the Bills are unstoppable as is his ego!

It would be nice if he would just keep things low-keyed like he did before the Cards game. Now he is gonna fire up the Patriots players and fans.

Neither the team nor the fans respect us. They expect a blowout and a 19-0 season.

We need to stay focused and play the next game 1 down at a time.

From ESPN:

"I can sit back and say I don't care who plays quarterback, because [Tom] Brady ain't," Ryan said Sunday. "I don't care who plays quarterback. Steve Grogan can play quarterback. If [bill] Belichick's playing quarterback, we're coming after him, I promise you that."

Based on his body of work, I think that Rex would be smarter to sit back and enjoy a victory instead of making stupid pronouncements. Can't someone shut this clown up?

Yes. That someone is named "Rex Ryan". But he won't.

the game is won on the field not at press conferences

I agree but on the other hand when Rex "no named" the RBs who'd just had a very good game, I think it gave them a bit of extra motivation against us they didn't need.

Same likely true for the Pats Backup QB Triumverate

This sounds familiar...

2015: "i dont even know their no-name rb, he's done nothing in the league"

Dion Lewis puts up 138 all purpose yards and a TD.

THAT was stupid, and fired up a very good RB in Lewis. IMO what he said yesterday was just stating a fact that no matter who plays they are coming for him. Meaning I guess exotic blitzes that Beady would Kill him if he did. Not an insult but thanks Rex for letting McDaniels know you plan on blitzing, I'm sure he was shocked lol.

Here's an idea Rex...why not actually go watch film of Edelman as a QB and do some game study and work your tails off to prepare for this game rather than making dumb ass comments.

Isn't going after the QB a big part of the game plan? What tape of Edelman is going to study - the single HB option pass or the history of Kent State plays?

There's zero wrong with Rex's statement. Pats* haven't announced a QB yet, and Rex said that no matter who's QB, the plan is to go after him.

Neither the team nor the fans respect us. They expect a blowout and a 19-0 season.

We need to stay focused and play the next game 1 down at a time.

I expect a win every game no matter who we face when Brady is under center... I was not expecting a W last Thursday and feel the Pats are playing w house money now. Guaranteed be a minimum of 3-1 and we get Brady on O back and Ninkovich on D back.. And if we are really lucky maybe we get Hightower back this game.

I expect a win every game no matter who we face when Brady is under center... I was not expecting a W last Thursday and feel the Pats are playing w house money now. Guaranteed be a minimum of 3-1 and we get Brady on O back and Ninkovich on D back.. And if we are really lucky maybe we get Hightower back this game.

Similar to when we had Kelly. I expected a win every week.

I can't believe Rex's quote is even an issue. He's said WAAAAY more crazy **** than this. This isn't even chalkboard material!

Basically it was this:

"Rex, how will you deal with whoever the Patriots use at quarterback?"

"Do they have another one of the 0.1% of quarterbacks like Brady who can get rid if the ball in less than 2 seconds and make you pay on a blitz?"

"...no?"

"So we're going to try to hit him."