We needed it but it may bite us

4merper4mer

This is the ridiculousness of your post: You are saying that tie breakers are better if we lose essentially than if we won yesterday. However, and pay close attention to this fact that seems to escape this logic:

To be in a tie breaker scenario for a playoff birth, you have to have enough wins to actually be tied with someone else for a playoff spot.

Therefore, the Win is exponentially MORE important to the 0-2 football team we were going into that game as than a tie breaker scenario. At 0-3, the odds dramatically decrease that we will be tied with anyone fighting for a playoff spot. So no offense, you are emphatically wrong that this could hurt us more than losing would have. There is no scenario where going 0-3 increases our odds of making the playoffs over being 1-2, especially since our next 4 games are absolutely all winnable, and if we do win all four we would be sitting at 5-2 instead of 4-3 had we lost yesterday. Or if we lose one of those games, we can still be at 4-3 rather than 3-4.

And none of what I said even factors in the confidence boost this team badly needed going into the NE game next week who will not be an easy win even if Edelman is playing QB, Coach BB has proven that over and over again. If we lose yesterday, would anyone even think we have a chance against NE next week? Probably not, and this teams moral wouldn't be very high either...all furthering the point, that winning was by far the best outcome yesterday.

Dude OMG. There are only 16 games in the season. Hardly anybody gets a win total of 0, 1, 2, 3, 14, 15 or 16. This leaves teams ranging between 4 and 12 wins....probably 90+% of the teams. 4, 5, 6 win teams have no chance and 7 win teams only win really bad divisions which hardly ever happens. 12 and 13 win teams will almost always win their division mathematically. This leaves a WHOLE lot of teams between 8 and 11 wins....a range of 4 wins...which means tiebreakers are mathematically inevitable in a 32 team league with 4 open WC slots. and/or division Champ ties. Geez.

Note that I doubt we'll have to worry about the division championship ties because of the Pats but had we beaten Baltimore but still lost to the Jets we'd be in bad shape there too.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phenomenal work! :beer:

Honestly, I can't believe there are people on here with over 10,000 posts who still get baited into these threads. Crayonz/4mer is a master at it.

LMFAO..i now remember this thread. Damn it's been that long.

This is the OPs classic bull **** thread.

Wow that is scary...

outstanding.

Dude OMG. There are only 16 games in the season. Hardly anybody gets a win total of 0, 1, 2, 3, 14, 15 or 16. This leaves teams ranging between 4 and 12 wins....probably 90+% of the teams. 4, 5, 6 win teams have no chance and 7 win teams only win really bad divisions which hardly ever happens. 12 and 13 win teams will almost always win their division mathematically. This leaves a WHOLE lot of teams between 8 and 11 wins....a range of 4 wins...which means tiebreakers are mathematically inevitable in a 32 team league with 4 open WC slots. and/or division Champ ties. Geez.

Note that I doubt we'll have to worry about the division championship ties because of the Pats but had we beaten Baltimore but still lost to the Jets we'd be in bad shape there too.

First off, to get into the playoffs in the AFC you usually need at least 10 wins and its looking that way again this year. Pats missed them with 11 wins last time they missed the playoffs.

That brings me back to this: Once again you are ignoring the fundamentally most important fact:

TO BE IN A TIE BREAKER SCENARIO FOR A PLAYOFF BIRTH, YOU HAVE TO HAVE ENOUGH WINS TO ACTUALLY BE TIED WITH SOMEONE FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT...PERIOD.

The stupidity of your theory I think has just been outed by another poster showing that you are probably ieatcrayonz which then makes your post make sense as ieatcrayonz lived to post gibberish and loves to troll.

And if in fact you are not him and you sadly believe this absurd theory that losing would have been better, then I don't know what else to tell you other than to stop drinking so much whisky.

First off, to get into the playoffs in the AFC you usually need at least 10 wins and its looking that way again this year. Pats missed them with 11 wins last time they missed the playoffs.

That brings me back to this: Once again you are ignoring the fundamentally most important fact:

TO BE IN A TIE BREAKER SCENARIO FOR A PLAYOFF BIRTH, YOU HAVE TO HAVE ENOUGH WINS TO ACTUALLY BE TIED WITH SOMEONE FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT...PERIOD.

The stupidity of your theory I think has just been outed by another poster showing that you are probably ieatcrayonz which then makes your post make sense as ieatcrayonz lived to post gibberish and loves to troll.

And if in fact you are not him and you sadly believe this absurd theory that losing would have been better, then I don't know what else to tell you other than to stop drinking so much whisky.

LOL dude the Pats missed the playoffs because they lost the tiebreaker because they had too many wins against NFC teams that year. It is easy to look up. Matt Cassel was also a factor.

LOL dude the Pats missed the playoffs because they lost the tiebreaker because they had too many wins against NFC teams that year. It is easy to look up. Matt Cassel was also a factor.

This is literally how dumb this thread is and how dumb your response is...why, because you must not be able to read or do math for you to write me that right now.

They LOST the tie breaker at 11 WINS. You say because they had TOO MANY WINS against NFC teams. I don't need to look it up, I will take you word for it because it doesn't matter if that is true or not.

If they had lost ONE MORE game to the NFC, which in YOUR argument is better, then guess what Einstein...they have TEN wins instead of ELEVEN...and guess what, they are NOT tied for a playoff birth and are already OUT of the playoffs and are NOT worried about tie breakers because they didn't win enough games to even have a chance at a tie breaker.

So again...go away with this theory, its as dumb as the trade Mario for Skelton thread...actually its dumber than that thread.

*Drops Mic* and waves bye to ieatcrayonz

Edited by Alphadawg7

This is literally how dumb this thread is and how dumb your response is...why, because you must not be able to read or do math for you to write me that right now.

They LOST the tie breaker at 11 WINS. You say because they had TOO MANY WINS against NFC teams. I don't need to look it up, I will take you word for it because it doesn't matter if that is true or not.

If they had lost ONE MORE game to the NFC, which in YOUR argument is better, then guess what Einstein...they have TEN wins instead of ELEVEN...and guess what, they are NOT tied for a playoff birth and are already OUT of the playoffs and are NOT worried about tie breakers because they didn't win enough games to even have a chance at a tie breaker.

So again...go away with this theory, its as dumb as the trade Mario for Skelton thread...actually its dumber than that thread.

Not sure you can mic drop an obvious troll that youve taken the bait so hard on your cheek is probably ripped off at this point.

Dude sorry but you're lost. The tie is a given. It happened. You can say they didn't win enough against AFC if you want but the mirror image of that is that they won too many against the NFC. Duh.

One of the most bizarre things I have ever read on this site.

OP: "1 + 1 = 1.75"

TBD: "No! 1 + 1 = 2"

OP: "No, if the first one were the same as the last one, then the other isn't worth as much, so the second one isn't one."

TBW: Tries to explain the math behind 1 + 1 = 2. All explanations are, of course, more complicated than the initial concept of 1 + 1 = 2, which does not deter anyone from flexing their mathematic prowess on the finer points, and logic behind 1 + 1 = 2.

OP: "...nuh uh!"

I'm pretty sure this is all parody... But, I'm not 100% sure...

Somebody help me!!!

Playoffs are determined by the entire 16 game record. Games at the beginning or end of the season are weighted equally but the first tie breaker for AFC teams is eliminating teams that have a good record against the NFC. You can look it up at NFL.com

Ok i will bite. I know i will be sorry for doing so. Then hope the Cards win out!

PS the easiest way to get to the playoffs is win! IF the Bills go 14-2 they make the playoffs.

Ok i will bite. I know i will be sorry for doing so. Then hope the Cards win out!

PS the easiest way to get to the playoffs is win! IF the Bills go 14-2 they make the playoffs.

Are you sure? Is that what we've been doing wrong? Well, now that we know the secret, this should be a lock!

Is this a real thread? People are fretting about wild card tie-breaker scenarios right now and whether the Bills have the upper hand in that department after week 3? Take it easy Champ. Maybe sit the next couple plays out.

The league has just announced that 4merper4mer is in the leagues concussion protocol after several self-inflicted blows to the head...