Lower Bowl - Security Asked Us to Sit Down

jimmy10

The security is out of hand. Last year during the Houston game someone with a black jacket was acting a fool and security came over and evicted everyone in the entire section with a black jacket. Unfortunate for me as I was wearing a black Bills jacket and even though 2 security guards ID'd the 1 that was acting the fool and said that it wasn't me, 1 guard said he didn't care and kicked me out as well. I then received a letter saying that I am now banned from the stadium. It was their mistake and now I'm banned because I happened to be wearing a black jacket. I typically drive the 400+ miles each way to at least 2 games a year and invest in over $1,000. per game. I will miss going to the games but I won't miss the $$ in my pocket. You need to get it right Buffalo. Now instead of taking my kids to Bills games and raising them to be Bills fans, I will most likely take them to Baltimore and let them decide what team they want to route for.

The security is out of hand. Last year during the Houston game someone with a black jacket was acting a fool and security came over and evicted everyone in the entire section with a black jacket. Unfortunate for me as I was wearing a black Bills jacket and even though 2 security guards ID'd the 1 that was acting the fool and said that it wasn't me, 1 guard said he didn't care and kicked me out as well. I then received a letter saying that I am now banned from the stadium. It was their mistake and now I'm banned because I happened to be wearing a black jacket. I typically drive the 400+ miles each way to at least 2 games a year and invest in over $1,000. per game. I will miss going to the games but I won't miss the $$ in my pocket. You need to get it right Buffalo. Now instead of taking my kids to Bills games and raising them to be Bills fans, I will most likely take them to Baltimore and let them decide what team they want to route for.

That blows....no way to fight it?

This is always a big issue at events, applies to concerts as well.

I love to stand the majority of the time, I don't even have seats in most my treestands and I stand for 5 or 6 hours on some days. But I totally get that some people dont like to, and some people physically can't.

I don't like the idea of security doing this based on a complaint. There should be a well communicated rule, printed on tickets, shown on the scoreboard and put on the website.

I would be happy with a stadium policy that says standing in front of someone who really wants to sit is rude, you will be warned and then removed if you violate this rule.

Exceptions are 3rd and 4th downs and during big plays on offense (something like that). Maybe have standing sections so people know what to expect ahead of time.

Out of curiosity... how do they regulate banned fans? Couldn't you just go and be on your best behavior?

At some point in the second or third quarter yesterday, security went up and down the aisle between sections 126-127 asking everyone to sit down, "because people couldn't see."

It was the first time this happened in my six years as a season ticket holder in that section. I explained that to the security guard, and he said he was just doing his job, and there had been a specific complaint.

Did anyone else have a similar experience yesterday? We were all pretty dumbfounded by it.

I often sit in 123 and this seems like a pretty standard happening in the lower bowl - I've often been there when security asks people to sit. And if they don't, the fans that don't want to stand typically let the Standers know!

Still, it's a real age old question...

The environment of the game always dictated standing and was typically set by the very first row. If it's a close game and the first row stands, then it's a domino effect and everyone ends up standing. I'm completely fine with that.

Now, if it's a blow out, against a nobody, team, that makes a difference. But again, the crowd as a whole can feel that atmosphere change anyways. You hear announcers all the time say how the opposing team really took the crowd out of it.

With that, if you are in the lower bowl and the 10 rows in front of you are sitting down, then sit down. Now you are being obnoxious. You are no better than the people who can't time when to go get drinks/bathroom.

For those who have older people or kids, I wouldn't recommend the lower bowl during the first few home games or against division rivals. Yes, everyone has a right to go anywhere, but it doesn't make it smart. I can't go to a rock concert and be mad when the form a mosh pit.

I can't wait to take my daughter to her first football game, but it's going to be a while until I know she can handle the noise, profanity, and standing. I want her to experience the whole thing.

If not, or I'm taking my old mother, then I will sit in the upper bowl or family section.

To the OP, I agree with you. To the guy with the people standing in front of you and only they were standing. I agree with you. But overall, you run that risk when you go to the best tailgating stadium in the league. People get kicked out everywhere. You need to be prepared for it

During my time with the Fan Advisory Board, this was one of the biggest topics with the fewest answers. This is why they tarped over the first 2 rows of the lower bowl behind the benches a couple of years ago, to try to remove that as one of the reasons people were standing so much. Personally, not that it happens often but if I get tired of standing I sit and watch one of the jumbotrons.

People in our row were surprised by the standing. I said better get used to it the whole section stood the entire game last week. If everyone else is sitting I certainly will but when people in front of me are standing, i sure will be as well. If you want to sit, stay at home on the couch

The same could be said for you "If you want to stand, stay home in your living room". Not everybody wants to, or has the ability to stand for the entire game for no reason. I've seen people at the game standing just to be annoying to those people behind them. It's called common courtesy. Look it up.

I sit in 126 and we missed the game yesterday, but in many cases I stand because everyone else in front of me is. I'm in row 18 so it's tough if everyone is standing, plus I'm short ( 5'9) so I have to follow the crowd but if I want to see I have to stand. it can be a problem at times but I don't know what I can do if I'm only standing because of everyone else standing.

Those who want to stand when all others around them are sitting do so because...

A - Entitlement(I paid for my ticket, and I will do whatever I want)

B - I'm a super fan who needs to show everyone else when to sit or stand

C - Drunk

D - Obnoxious

E - ALL OF THE ABOVE

The only guaranteed way to avoid the above is to sit in seats where there is no one in front of you...first row of the lower bowl, first row of the club seats, first row of the upper deck, or the seats at the top of an exit tunnel.

Those who want to stand when all others around them are sitting do so because...

A - Entitlement(I paid for my ticket, and I will do whatever I want)

B - I'm a super fan who needs to show everyone else when to sit or stand

C - Drunk

D - Obnoxious

E - ALL OF THE ABOVE

The only guaranteed way to avoid the above is to sit in seats where there is no one in front of you...first row of the lower bowl, first row of the club seats, first row of the upper deck, or the seats at the top of an exit tunnel.

1000% agree. That's why we are in Row 1 of the Upper deck

During my time with the Fan Advisory Board, this was one of the biggest topics with the fewest answers. This is why they tarped over the first 2 rows of the lower bowl behind the benches a couple of years ago, to try to remove that as one of the reasons people were standing so much. Personally, not that it happens often but if I get tired of standing I sit and watch one of the jumbotrons.

I bet that WAS the initial main reason for the lower bowl standing all the time. People directly behind the benches couldn't see, so they stood up, so people behind them had to stand, and then it was just monkey see monkey do for the rest of the lower bowl.

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I agree most with the poster who said STANDING DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOUDER. It does not make you a better fan, either. So why do you stand, other than to see over someone else who is standing for no reason? My father is 74 years old and my son isn't yet tall enough to see over you. We stand during defensive third downs and great plays. We get it. Stand out of pure joy and excitement. Don't just stand to be an asshat.

Anyway, I remember having to deal with the same arguments from people who smoked at the game, after they banned smoking in the stands. "I bought a ticket, I can do what I want. If you don't like it then stay home." So, for the most part these days, I do.

1000% agree. That's why we are in Row 1 of the Upper deck

We had season tickets in row 1 of the upper deck during the mid-90s. It was beautiful. One of our party even made a set of cupholders in his woodshop that we brought to games and hooked over the front railing to hold our beers. Our neighbors loved it so the guy made some for them too. Then they rejiggered everything during the renovation and we got moved back, among a bunch of Canadians who thought it was great sport to smuggle in as many beers as possible, smoke, and root only for FLOOTIEBALL, EH. That was the last year we had tickets.

I used to have season tickets in the upper deck around the 30 yard line. It didn't seem like people stood for the whole game just big plays. We switched seats 3 years ago down to the lower bowl in section 142 around the goalline. It seems like the whole section stands for the entire game. I don't really have a preference. But with that being said I go with the flow. My 12 year old son likes to stand the whole game.

I know this is a controversial subject, but some a$$hats who were concerned more about friggin standing the whole game than the game itself (and about constantly trying to get everyone around them to do it - both things which I will never understand) had a very negative impact on our game day experience yesterday (not to mention they were obnoxious drunken a$$holes)

Thursday night, the 19-year-old drunks directly in front of us thought it their job to turn around every play, standup, wave their arms in the stand-up motion, and scream fo everyone to stand .

I will give them credit though...after a few very encouraging words from my seatmate and I, they started to sit down and were actually really good dudes. Just a little liquored up, but in a good, fun way. But the constant turning around was worse than the standing.

And to be clear, i would rather stand all game, every game. But i know the ST holders behind us hate to stand...so i sit as much as i can.

Which brings me to my next point....my favorite seat in the house would be a numbered standing room place at the rail at the top of the upper deck. I constantly bring this up to the Bills, and have never heard a good reason why they do not sell standing room up there.

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I agree most with the poster who said STANDING DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOUDER. It does not make you a better fan, either. So why do you stand, other than to see over someone else who is standing for no reason? My father is 74 years old and my son isn't yet tall enough to see over you. We stand during defensive third downs and great plays. We get it. Stand out of pure joy and excitement. Don't just stand to be an asshat.

This. I can cheer just as loud when I am sitting - and I'll jump up out of natural excitement. It makes no sense to characterize fans/crowd that do not stand all the time as passive. If anything I am MORE into the game and focused on watching it than the a$$hats that are more concerned about freaking standing (and yelling at people around to stand which drives me nuts). How does standing make you a better fan? There are situations where noise can help your team - standing does NOTHING to help your team.

Asshat in front of us is walking on top of the chair-backs up and over people for at least 8 rows - pants hanging down for his full underwear view, shirt off, security says nothing and walks past him. Then we get waved at to sit down. Enforce all the rules or none. Also, If the Bills want us sitting on O and standing on D then put it on the jumbo-tron.

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I agree most with the poster who said STANDING DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOUDER.

Ask any singer or radio broadcaster. Standing absolutely allows you to be louder and project better.