Communication Concerns at Foxboro

OhDozeBills

Thinking the Patriots cheat is not more stupid than thinking Goodell is trying to ruin a football dynsasty. The Patriots cheat and have been proven to cheat or skirt the line of cheating far too many times for it to be considered stupid.

sigh I will laugh if Goodell decides make Buffalo an example of his absolute power. The issue isn't him trying bring us down, it's the fact he can do anything he wants do to a bad CBA. Big Ben suspended 4 games for a rape charge that was dismissed w prejudice.l is an even better example of his over reaching power.

Wow, we have 2 Patriot residents on this forum now? Interesting.

I have been here for a few years, and try not be a homer to much.. Except patriots week lol.

sigh I will laugh if Goodell decides make Buffalo an example of his absolute power. The issue isn't him trying bring us down, it's the fact he can do anything he wants do to a bad CBA. Big Ben suspended 4 games for a rape charge that was dismissed w prejudice.l is an even better example of his over reaching power.

I have been here for a few years, and try not be a homer to much.. Except patriots week lol.

I have no problem with Pats fans . . . as long as they were Pats fans before this incredible string.

There was a time when Pats fans had their suffering as well. As long as a Pats fan is not a bandwagon type of fan etc., all I can say is enjoy this incredible run.

When your headsets go down the NFL turns the opponent's headsets off... So if you can't win b.c of a headset issue then you don't deserve to win the game anyway.

Don't be naive. When there's a genuine technical issue, the NFL's policy of turning off the opponent's headsets is OK. When there's an "intermittant interferance" problem, it magically goes away once it's reported to the NFL. Everything checks out fine, then it starts again "The Steelers now become at least the fifth team making accusations, with the team saying that its coach-to-coach communications repeatedly faced interference from the Patriots’ radio broadcast, and that the interference would stop when a league official came to the sideline to deal with it, only to start up again when the league official walked away." And if it happens in the middle of a drive, I don't believe the league calls a time out until the issue is investigated.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/at-least-five-teams-have-suspected-patriots-of-headset-tampering/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/steelers-website-makes-strong-claim-about-headsetgate/

Where I do somewhat agree with you is since this is a known issue, smart teams prepare for it.

I have no problem with Pats fans . . . as long as they were Pats fans before this incredible string.

There was a time when Pats fans had their suffering as well. As long as a Pats fan is not a bandwagon type of fan etc., all I can say is enjoy this incredible run.

I was here for the Suck for Bledsoe season.. I was here when they got their asses kicked by the Bears. (So many forget the game started out so well we got a turnover and our WR caught and dropped the ball because he broke his leg.. We were leading 3-0 for a good 10 seconds lmao)

Don't be naive. When there's a genuine technical issue, the NFL's policy of turning off the opponent's headsets is OK. When there's an "intermittant interferance" problem, it magically goes away once it's reported to the NFL. Everything checks out fine, then it starts again "The Steelers now become at least the fifth team making accusations, with the team saying that its coach-to-coach communications repeatedly faced interference from the Patriots’ radio broadcast, and that the interference would stop when a league official came to the sideline to deal with it, only to start up again when the league official walked away." And if it happens in the middle of a drive, I don't believe the league calls a time out until the issue is investigated.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/at-least-five-teams-have-suspected-patriots-of-headset-tampering/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/steelers-website-makes-strong-claim-about-headsetgate/

Where I do somewhat agree with you is since this is a known issue, smart teams prepare for it.

Knowing that the NFL is the one mandated to control all communication in the game ..... if this happens enough times, and is obviously suspicious to just the Pats, don't you think the opposing team's ownership would have put an end to it?

Knowing that the NFL is the one mandated to control all communication in the game ..... if this happens enough times, and is obviously suspicious to just the Pats, don't you think the opposing team's ownership would have put an end to it?

Goodell is still tight with Krafty Bob.

All Brady had to do was cooperate. He turned it into a fiasco on his own.

Belichick on the other hand simply cheated, and there are many reports that it was far worse than disclosed to fans.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/08/spygate-much-worse-than-belichick-goodell-divulged-report/

ESPN alleged the cheating was covered up or downplayed by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell until the other 31 owners could stand it no more and pressed Goodell to go after Brady and the Patriots in the Deflategate case as a form of “a makeup call.”
Edited by What a Tuel

Sigh, the NFL is in charge of ALL of that equipment. Not the patriots or anyone in the Razor. Every single game it is NFL employees and gear being used.

No the Pats home record is not reaching that level at all. The packers have had it for years, as have the steelers, and so on... Good teams always excel at home.

I think you're wrong on the home record point--in addition to the 76-0 when leading at the half point above (which alone is ridiculous), check out o'Brien's Spygate book. He has a whole chapter on this point in which he hired a stats PhD candidate to review the data on their home record and they were several standard deviations away from anything that could be explained normally.

The league provides the equipment, but the home team is responsible for the installation and operation of the equipment. Operation being the key word in the case of NE*

There might be an NFL guy "in charge' but there is a" deflator" who's job it is to f### it up.

"The interruptor" they call him that because he cuts in when someone is talking. Has nothing to do with radio signals. Edited by The Wiz

I heard differently I heard the LEAGUE hires the people to run the equipment.

The team's communication team does installs and preventative maintenance in tandem with the league's tech team which has ultimate control. Any communication issues are thoroughly reviewed by the league.

The bigger point is ..... if issues happen enough times, and is obviously suspicious to just the Pats, the league, ie opposing owners, would have put an end to any supposed Patriots shenanigans.

Edited by Pneumonic

Certainly, if the problem could be confirmed and traced to the Patriots** or their employees. There are two issues.

1) The NFL's mandate only applies to the equipment. Until this year, NFL communications were using common radio frequencies within a mandated frequency band. It's neither rocket science nor obscure technology to use a frequency scanner to find what frequency is in use, then broadcast so as to interfere with communications on that frequency. The technology to do so is not difficult to obtain.

2) If RF interference takes place (rather than with the equipment) one would have to catch the person performing the interference and prove that they were a) interfering b) knowingly c) at the Pats*** behest.

That's a pretty high bar.

Sideline communications changed this year and are now using VOIP (voice over internet protocol) operating on an exclusive frequency licensed from the FCC. Allegedly this will render interference far less likely because no other products should be operating on that frequency and the communications will be encrypted.

So we'll see. But the smart money is still on having a backup plan in place.

Certainly, if the problem could be confirmed and traced to the Patriots** or their employees. There are two issues.

1) The NFL's mandate only applies to the equipment. Until this year, NFL communications were using common radio frequencies within a mandated frequency band. It's neither rocket science nor obscure technology to use a frequency scanner to find what frequency is in use, then broadcast so as to interfere with communications on that frequency. The technology to do so is not difficult to obtain.

2) If RF interference takes place (rather than with the equipment) one would have to catch the person performing the interference and prove that they were a) interfering b) knowingly c) at the Pats*** behest.

That's a pretty high bar.

Sideline communications changed this year and are now using VOIP (voice over internet protocol) operating on an exclusive frequency licensed from the FCC. Allegedly this will render interference far less likely because no other products should be operating on that frequency and the communications will be encrypted.

Theoretically, jamming RF signals could be an issue but, practically, to interfere with a signal, you are talking about producing a sizeable amount of power ...... within the bandwidth of the signals being jammed. If blanket jamming all involved signal transmissions is the objective, one would require a phenomenal amount of transmitter power within that whole Tx band. Possible? yeah, I suppose but not very likely not to mention, illegal. Signed former RF engineer. ;-)

Edited by Pneumonic

"The interruptor" they call him that because he cuts in when someone is talking. Has nothing to do with radio signals.

Then there's also "the spy", but that's only because he likes to play the game "I Spy" all the time. Nothing to do with spying on opposing team activities.

Edited by What a Tuel

Really blow their minds and run all cards from the sideline.... No mic's required... Hell, run plays in like HS with the players rotating in...

Script the first 15 plays so you don't have to call them in. But call them in anyway... The wrong plays! Then confirm everyone's suspicions when the cheaters are lining up to defend the wrong play.

Anyone that thinks that team doesn't cheat is in serious denial and purposefully ignoring the reality of everything that has come out of that organization for 15 years.

The team's communication team does installs and preventative maintenance in tandem with the league's tech team which has ultimate control. Any communication issues are thoroughly reviewed by the league.

The bigger point is ..... if issues happen enough times, and is obviously suspicious to just the Pats, the league, ie opposing owners, would have put an end to any supposed Patriots shenanigans.

The problem is that the other 31 teams are also independently competing against each other. Although one team may feel stung by "misfortune" at the time, the 30 remaining teams are busy working on their next opponent. They are too busy to worry about what just happened to a division rival who is also competing for limited playoff spots. Hence, it is very difficult to get critical mass for any type of action. The NFL, always protecting the shield, is also reticent to look too hard because they never want to hurt the bottom line. A loss to the Patriots is one thing. A loss financially is on a completely different level.

That was probably just a mass hole.

Doesn't mean it won't happen again. That was also the game the bills were winning and then coughed up 14 points in 5ish minutes to lose the game.

Apparently fire alarms do work.

Edited by The Wiz

Operative words in bold. Let's remember, abiding by the rules SHOULD also be a given. If you consciously identify and execute ways of bending the rules, you really don't worry about what should happen.