A Few Observations about the game (A Tribute to BillFromNYC)

Virgil

Surprised no one's talking about the offensive line. They were straight MAULING yesterday. I counted at least a half-dozen pancakes by Kujo, Miller, Richie and Mills - and I'm sure there were more that I didn't see. The line and Felton were executing crisply and perfectly against a stout front, it was beautiful to behold.

Yes.

Miller and Kouandjio were unbelievable in the run game.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus isn't back to practice yet so I doubt he's a week away.

Lawson is mid season at the earliest and he's a rookie so my expectations are low.

You think that Dareus won't be in the lineup in Week 5? He isn't at practice because he's not allowed to be.

You think that Dareus won't be in the lineup in Week 5? He isn't at practice because he's not allowed to be.

This. And the bye comes after game 9, so 8 more weeks for Lawson, and he can start practicing 3 weeks from now.

Isn't he still in re-hab. Once he comes back from rehab he needs to get in football shape. I doubt we see Dareus before midseason

Isn't he still in re-hab. Once he comes back from rehab he needs to get in football shape. I doubt we see Dareus before midseason

I really didn't think about that. Is he still in rehab? If so, I wouldn't think he would be game-shape ready by week 5

He won't be in the lineup on week 5. He's not in practice because he's not allowed to be and he's in rehab. He won't be able to walk out of rehab onto an NFL football field so no, I don't expect him in week 5. Maybe a little action in week 6. Starting after the bye.

The good news (great news) is that the D-line has been playing great.

Edit: GG is right that he's not in inpatient. I see that originally he was going to do that but he changed to outpatient. So he might be in better shape by week 5. Still don't expect much for a few weeks.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

He won't be in the lineup on week 5. He's not in practice because he's not allowed to be and he's in rehab. He won't be able to walk out of rehab onto an NFL football field so no, I don't expect him in week 5. Maybe a little action in week 6. Starting after the bye.

Edit: GG is right that he's not in inpatient. I see that originally he was going to do that but he changed to outpatient. So he might be in better shape by week 5. Still don't expect much for a few weeks.

He was there for virtually the entire training camp. Assuming he's been hitting the bike and stairmaster to maintain his conditioning he'll should be ready for LA

I don't think he ever went to rehab. I think it was an outpatient program, and he was in Buffalo. That seemed to be the case from things I heard and read.

I thought the whole idea of rehab was to get them away from their current surroundings (so that they are not tempted) and change their mindset before bringing them back. I guess not.

He was there for virtually the entire training camp. Assuming he's been hitting the bike and stairmaster to maintain his conditioning he'll should be ready for LA

He's been training with the team the entire time he's been suspended. Sal has commented on it multiple times. He's just not allowed on the practice field. He's allowed in meetings and to train with the team. He'll be on the field Week 5.

Players who have been suspended for less than a year for substance-abuse infractions are permitted to continue working closely with their teams. Short of attending practice or games, players suspended for substance abuse can do everything that eligible players can. That includes lifting weights, watching film, receiving treatment, sitting in on team meetings.

It's the reason Von Miller was able to come back to the team and start after his suspension.

This is my major beef against Rex. At times, he seems to have a great, effective game plan and the team looks sharp - ready to play and fired up.

At other times, he seems to have nuttin' and the team is either over-amped and out of control, or downright, pardon the word, flaccid.

A team can't win consistently in this league with that kind of bipolar head coaching. Rex needs to put the same degree of effort into the game plans for every opponent and the team needs to prepare the same way every time and come out focused and high-energy, but not over-amped.

that's the difference between a Rex Ryan team and a bill belicheck team

Did anyone see the presser yesterday when reporter asked Rex about Reggie Bush he almost said hes our for the season but he caught himself and quickly regained oh yeah Reggie we love him I was just telling his position coach get em ready we may need to play the slot, what a joke release the guy already admit your mistake

that's the difference between a Rex Ryan team and a bill belicheck team

Did anyone see the presser yesterday when reporter asked Rex about Reggie Bush he almost said hes our for the season but he caught himself and quickly regained oh yeah Reggie we love him I was just telling his position coach get em ready we may need to play the slot, what a joke release the guy already admit your mistake

Or just - use him...? The run game was working last week - i feel like that will not be the case against BB and the pats. We're probably without Sammy again, and possibly Salas, leaving us short of receivers on the active roster.

When you lead the whole time, you don't have to get desperate.

They can probably prepare him to run a few routes, out of a few formations, without making him know the whole route tree.

Per Sal Capacio - He isn't allowed to practice but he is allowed to attend meetings, workout, study, and be in the building. Just can't step on the practice field. A suspension less then 1 year and NOT PED related allows him to do this. Had it been PED related or a rule violation (Bundchen) he would not be allowed to do these things.