A Few Observations about the game (A Tribute to BillFromNYC)

Virgil

Dareus isn't back to practice yet so I doubt he's a week away.

Lawson is mid season at the earliest and he's a rookie so my expectations are low.

Whaley confirmed that Dareus has been working out to stay in shape, but they don't expect him to be ready to play a full load in week 5. He'll be rotated with Bryant, and the goal is to keep him as fresh as possible if he's needed in the 4th quarter.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the whole idea of rehab was to get them away from their current surroundings (so that they are not tempted) and change their mindset before bringing them back. I guess not.

It's my understanding that the rehab was for depression and not for substance abuse. So it's not like the idea is to keep him away from friends that may enable him.

Whaley confirmed that Dareus has been working out to stay in shape, but they don't expect him to be ready to play a full load in week 5. He'll be rotated with Bryant, and the goal is to keep him as fresh as possible if he's needed in the 4th quarter.

Not surprising.

It's my understanding that the rehab was for depression and not for substance abuse. So it's not like the idea is to keep him away from friends that may enable him.

I have wondered if the "keep him away from friends who may enable him" was performed by shipping Karlos Williams back to Florida. Note that I have no evidence for that, I simply observe the simultaneous timing of Karlos being shipped out and Dareus being shipped off (to rehab). I also note Karlos Williams was previously named as a suspect in a drug deal turned robbery, with the victim alleging K Wiliams was his regular "hook up" with dealers and had hooked him up with the dealer who robbed him. So one might justly say Karlos had a past history of enabling behavior.

I don't believe it was ever announced what the rehab was for - it's an inference that it might be for depression since Dareus had previously discussed suffering from depression and being treated for it by a psychiatrist and psychologist, in the media, and because he was said to be strongly affected by the death of a close friend from cancer this past June.

Dareus isn't back to practice yet so I doubt he's a week away.

Lawson is mid season at the earliest and he's a rookie so my expectations are low.

Dareus cannot practice while suspended. He had all of training camp and is a vet. He will play week 5, even if less snaps than normal while he works back in.

They looked like they had their stuff together. Plays coming in on time, faster tempo. Didn't have to burn timeouts. Got the ball snapped before Arizona could challenge Woods non catch that led to a TD. Entire D played well. Hats off to em!

Didn't like Glass Goodwin giving up on his route and watching Peterson run it for him to get the int. They also couldn't get a first down to close the deal when they needed to. Can't tell me you all didn't think somehow they were going to blow it at the end. Thank God the D closed the deal. I am liking the upcoming schedule. Rex needs to keep them level headed and a zipper on it.

Yeah WTF Goodwin? And that fumble on the option almost killed me. I thought in my mind, oh there it is, i knew it was too good to be true. damnit! Then the Cards got too greedy to just fall on it and !@#$ed it up for his team.

I'll accept the game ball for the day. After years of speculation, it has been confirmed. I'm bad luck. This was the first game in years I haven't watched. I'm sorry everyone for a decade + of futility, but I will not watch next week. Let's keep this thing rolling!

Thank you Sir! You are a true hero, and we here at TBD appreciate, respect, and honor your sacrifice!

Wondering if Lynn was in charge of the offense in game 1 if we would have beaten the Ravens.

Blind homerism tells me, duh! no ****! In all seriousness, would we be 3-0 rite now if Lynn had been calling the plays all season?

This is the first game this season I haven't watched. Lookie Lookie There Goes Cookie. In my zeal to help the Bills succeed, I shall reluctantly refrain from watching future Sundays.

Thank you Sir! You are a true hero, and we here at TBD appreciate, respect, and honor your sacrifice!

Edited by Marty McFly

My impression of the Goodwin route is that Peterson gave him a stiff arm early in the route, which basically completely threw off his running, probably because he's so light. I don't know if he gave up on it, but there was no way he was going to catch Peterson at that point.