Its only 3 games

He sucks. We can't win too many games in the NFL counting on the running game for almost all the offensive output. I'm happy we won, but TT did nothing to ease my concerns about him. I don't get the feeling our final record will be any better than I thought before. Tyrod defenders coming out of the woodwork make no sense. He was essentially a running back under center today. He did nothing as far as being a QB.

mumble mumble mumble

Rex has never had a QB. That wouldn't be the "Rex" if he had Rodgers. Of course that's the game plan when you've had Sanchez,Smith, and Taylor.

You are really dense.....show me where we are gonna get Aaron Rogers or any other top 5 QB

That is the problem with people like you....you think top 5 qbs are just out there for the picking....

THEY....ARE....NOT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only three games. True. Things we've noted so far:

1) Can't play catch up - too much reliance on TT - whats the stat? zero wins if he throws more than 30 times?

2) Can't get into a shoot out - see above - unless we can literally run through the opposing 8 man box

3) Team looks great when ground and pound is working...... of course it does....

4) Injuries and being forced to play some back ups at key positions is a lot more pronounced than previously anticipated. I honestly think, if we had the Big Stuff, we had a shot of winning last week.

5) Play calling - has been nauseating. Like can we please, please please get more TE plays called.

Nothing shown these first three weeks has instilled any confidence that we'll be ok for the season. I mean, how ELATED do you think the Pats fans are to be 3-0 and have a third stringer lead a 27-0 performance..... and here we're clapping our hands for not shitting the bed worse than the other team.

I want to emphasize #5. 1st couple of games, calls were coming in 10 seconds before the play clock ran out. Tyrod then has to get everyone lined up, take a couple seconds to read the D and get the play off. Today, plays were coming in quick, and Taylor had time to actually read the defense. Not so sure the analysis that he can't read defenses is accurate. No one can if you are rushing just to get a play off before the play clock runs out.

I think some kudos for this game can go to Anthony Lynn today. His decision to sit up in the play box was a good one. Time will tell, but this is something I want to monitor next week.

BTW that pass to O'Leary down the sideline was sweet.

Edited by Rockinon

We need The Force to go up to Foxboro and blow up the DeathStar next week. If we can get to 2-2, the season can still be saved. Raise your hand if you thought we had a shot at 2-2 before the game today. Yeah, I thought so.

I am hearing and reading the Rex Haters say it was only one game (referring to today's game).

Yet, some of these same people had no problem saying Rex should get fired (a) before the season even started; (b) after the Ravens game; © after the Jets game.

Hmmmm.

P.S. Of course, the same guys also will never acknowledge that it might be nice to give Rex a chance with all the parts that are missing

We hate Rex because after seeing the Bills dismantle one of the best teams in the NFL today, we know that we should be 3-0 now instead of 1-2. Unless you're saying that Ravens, Jets >>> ARZ, then it's frustrating as hell that we're here at 1-2. If Roman really was the problem (and based on today's results, he may have been), then it's even more an indictment of Rex that he didn't pull the trigger on the guy in the off-season. If he keeps winning, then he can stay, and we will love him, and pet him.....

mumble mumble mumble

You are really dense.....show me where we are gonna get Aaron Rogers or any other top 5 QB

That is the problem with people like you....you think top 5 qbs are just out there for the picking....

THEY....ARE....NOT

I don't want to get into a back and forth arguement, and will not lower myself to ignorant comments such as calling others "dense". I'm not even going to respond with a defense of my comment. I have a logic behind what I said, but if we are going to start insulting each other instead of having a legit conversation, there's no sense in having a debate at all. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I don't want to get into a back and forth arguement, and will not lower myself to ignorant comments such as calling others "dense". I'm not even going to respond with a defense of my comment. I have a logic behind what I said, but if we are going to start insulting each other instead of having a legit conversation, there's no sense in having a debate at all.

There is no logic to what you said.....and it is to late to "lower yourself" because you have been doing it for the past week. You are trying to make a determination from 3 games on how this season is going to go like you have any friggen idea.

I feel I have a legit question for you and your ilk.

- Since TT is basically the bet QB we have had since Drew Bledsoe (not saying much in the history of our QBs....but still) what is your alternative replacement. Are you new and shiny toy draft pick type guy? Is there a veteran out there you have your eye on? C. Jones? What answer out there is the top 10 QB you think is going to be so readily available to us.

- Lets not act like Tyrod Taylor has been this inaccurate QB that cant make plays from the pocket....he has a great deep ball......has been plenty accurate as a whole.....who has not been a pure pocket passing QB who makes his bread and butter in the middle of the field.....

- Today I thought Tyrod was getting the ball out much faster then the 1st two games? New OC have anything to do with that?

- The past two weeks we have been facing some of the very best defenses int he league

- Tyrod has been and still is of the better QBs in the league when it comes to ball security and not turning the ball over....when you turn the ball over you cant win.

- Over 30 points the past 2 games against 2 over the better defenses in the league (not all by the offense...but still)

- This game we were missing FIVE starters...2 very key ones to the offense.....

I concede that Tyrod Taylor will never be one of those top 5 guys that takes the team on his shoulders with a 300 yard 4 TD 2 int performance if you would concede

- That Tyrod does other things as QB that you dont get from pocket passers.....like a running TD and 80 something odd yards running

- That top 5 QB's are really hard to find......nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find....and that the bills game plan is as it has been....find a "good enough" starting QB and biuld a dominant defense and solid running game around

We saw today that it can work....we just beat a Super Bowl contending team with it

Im miserable. I'm looking at the big picture. Unless Tyrod makes a miraculous improvement this team isn't going anywhere.... nice win, but nothing they did today makes me think it won't be another mediocre season.

Exactly. People dislike Rex because he's mostly sucked since being here. What is so hard to understand about that?

Great job today, but why should I think the team will play like that week in and week out?

Why can't you just enjoy a win......God...I feel sorry for whoever lives with you....And if you live alone, then I feel sorry for your deusche.

So miserable when the Bills win...and you call yourself a Bills fan? WTF?

What you witnessed today was a solid beat down ass kicking of a really good Cardinals team. Sorry if you can't enjoy that. Geezuz.

Edited by PolishDave

I honestly thought Tyrod played pretty good. Powell had a drop on a slant, and also ran another one short of the sticks... The sideline misses were as much on the receivers as Tyrod.

I'd like to see more out of the passing game, but we were winning start to finish. Why start passing in the 4th quarter when ur up two scores?

Also, why throw the ball when you have the worst wr corps in the nfl (injury related), when you can run the ball with success?

They didn't do a great job with passing calls or execution

I think an important point just raised by the WGR guys is that you can BOTH enjoy the win and have serious reservations about Tyrod Taylor's play.

It wasn't good. period.

But mercifully, the defense played lights out and Shady was shady once again.

So, 1-15?

There is no logic to what you said.....and it is to late to "lower yourself" because you have been doing it for the past week. You are trying to make a determination from 3 games on how this season is going to go like you have any friggen idea.

I feel I have a legit question for you and your ilk.

- Since TT is basically the bet QB we have had since Drew Bledsoe (not saying much in the history of our QBs....but still) what is your alternative replacement. Are you new and shiny toy draft pick type guy? Is there a veteran out there you have your eye on? C. Jones? What answer out there is the top 10 QB you think is going to be so readily available to us.

- Lets not act like Tyrod Taylor has been this inaccurate QB that cant make plays from the pocket....he has a great deep ball......has been plenty accurate as a whole.....who has not been a pure pocket passing QB who makes his bread and butter in the middle of the field.....

- Today I thought Tyrod was getting the ball out much faster then the 1st two games? New OC have anything to do with that?

- The past two weeks we have been facing some of the very best defenses int he league

- Tyrod has been and still is of the better QBs in the league when it comes to ball security and not turning the ball over....when you turn the ball over you cant win.

- Over 30 points the past 2 games against 2 over the better defenses in the league (not all by the offense...but still)

- This game we were missing FIVE starters...2 very key ones to the offense.....

I concede that Tyrod Taylor will never be one of those top 5 guys that takes the team on his shoulders with a 300 yard 4 TD 2 int performance if you would concede

- That Tyrod does other things as QB that you dont get from pocket passers.....like a running TD and 80 something odd yards running

- That top 5 QB's are really hard to find......nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find....and that the bills game plan is as it has been....find a "good enough" starting QB and biuld a dominant defense and solid running game around

We saw today that it can work....we just beat a Super Bowl contending team with it

What have I been doing to "lower myself for the past week"? I haven't posted one comment about TT until today, so I have no clue what you're talking about. I enjoyed the win. Rex actually out coached Arians, and our defense was great. The running game was also close to being unstoppable. The game plan was created to hide TT so much that it concerned me. I thought discussions were the point of this board, but too many people get their panties in a bunch when they don't agree. Then they resort to calling the other person an idiot instead of engaging in a legit dialog. That's why I appreciate your last response, and I will comment back.

First of all I do not believe that TT has been consistently accurate, aside from the deep balls. Lots of poorly placed passes that end up either high or low to the receiver not giving them a chance for yac. He also does not go through his progressions, or see the middle of the field at all. Clay is nothing more than a decoy. Sure Watkins was out, but he has never developed chemistry with TT either. It's hard to say his absence was that damaging to TT when the offense has yet to make him the go to guy. I'll admit that may change with the new OC. You are correct that TT is a great runner. That's what makes him better than our other post Bledsoe QBs. Without that ability he would look very similar to the others. The game plan involved McCoy and TT running with TT passing three yard Ins and outs, as well as a few deep shots. It's the same offense colleges run with QBs that can't read a defense. Yes we beat a supposed super bowl contender, but that doesn't mean this game plan will work every week when teams catch on. You can't consistently win in the NFL relying that heavily on the run. The QB is going to have to make plays through the air at some point. Sprinting out of the pocket and throwing deep like the Jets game is not a consistent plan either.

I just worry that our QB with a wonderlic score of 14 won't be able to make plays when the defense shuts down his running, and he has to dissect the defense. Didn't we see this against Baltimore? I also don't think we need a "top 5" QB because I know they don't grow on trees. I'd just be more comfortable with a guy that can play QB as a passer, even if they weren't a top level guy. Ultimately the season is on the defense when Rex is the coach. My issue with TT is that even if the defense plays great (Baltimore game) I don't know if he can do enough as a passer to win games. That's how the Ravens won a title with Dilfer. They had a guy who could command the offense, and read a defense. He wasn't very good by any stretch of the imagination, but he did just enough when it was needed. I don't know if TT can do anything if a team stays disciplined (unlike AZ) and doesn't allow him to break containment. To answer your question regarding how I'd find a QB, I'd probably sign a vet and draft a QB if TT doesn't improve by the end of the season. I hope he proves me wrong, and there's no need to do either. I just know that when you have a QB passing for a little over 100 yards, you don't win many games. yesterday's numbers were Tebow like.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

It twists a select few panties for some reason.

Good win. Do I think this season will end up being any different from past seasons because of that win? No.

Sorry if that opinion bothers some people. Ignore me too.

100% agree with this. It always seems to be the much devoted fanboys that can't handle criticism of their favorite players.

I enjoyed the win and celebrated every touchdown with the LA Bills Backers, but it doesn't mean that I must worship everything Rex or Tyrod have done. It also doesn't mean that magically I think we're a 10+ win team. 16 years or whatever it's been have made me an expert at apotting mediocrity and that's what we have here.

I'm pretty sure that the cheaters will force Taylor to have to make throws to win the game on Sunday. I'm not being overly critical when I say that we lose the games when teams make him throw.

Cards laid an egg, and our offensive success were using the Army football style running game. TT looked awful passing, and still sucks. We won't be able to win much if he can't play the QB position better.

how much did you lose betting on Cards? That was the classic "too easy" you always go the other way- learn your lesson