Its only 3 games

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have I been doing to "lower myself for the past week"? I haven't posted one comment about TT until today, so I have no clue what you're talking about. I enjoyed the win. Rex actually out coached Arians, and our defense was great. The running game was also close to being unstoppable. The game plan was created to hide TT so much that it concerned me. I thought discussions were the point of this board, but too many people get their panties in a bunch when they don't agree. Then they resort to calling the other person an idiot instead of engaging in a legit dialog. That's why I appreciate your last response, and I will comment back.

First of all I do not believe that TT has been consistently accurate, aside from the deep balls. Lots of poorly placed passes that end up either high or low to the receiver not giving them a chance for yac. He also does not go through his progressions, or see the middle of the field at all. Clay is nothing more than a decoy. Sure Watkins was out, but he has never developed chemistry with TT either. It's hard to say his absence was that damaging to TT when the offense has yet to make him the go to guy. I'll admit that may change with the new OC. You are correct that TT is a great runner. That's what makes him better than our other post Bledsoe QBs. Without that ability he would look very similar to the others. The game plan involved McCoy and TT running with TT passing three yard Ins and outs, as well as a few deep shots. It's the same offense colleges run with QBs that can't read a defense. Yes we beat a supposed super bowl contender, but that doesn't mean this game plan will work every week when teams catch on. You can't consistently win in the NFL relying that heavily on the run. The QB is going to have to make plays through the air at some point. Sprinting out of the pocket and throwing deep like the Jets game is not a consistent plan either.

I just worry that our QB with a wonderlic score of 14 won't be able to make plays when the defense shuts down his running, and he has to dissect the defense. Didn't we see this against Baltimore? I also don't think we need a "top 5" QB because I know they don't grow on trees. I'd just be more comfortable with a guy that can play QB as a passer, even if they weren't a top level guy. Ultimately the season is on the defense when Rex is the coach. My issue with TT is that even if the defense plays great (Baltimore game) I don't know if he can do enough as a passer to win games. That's how the Ravens won a title with Dilfer. They had a guy who could command the offense, and read a defense. He wasn't very good by any stretch of the imagination, but he did just enough when it was needed. I don't know if TT can do anything if a team stays disciplined (unlike AZ) and doesn't allow him to break containment. To answer your question regarding how I'd find a QB, I'd probably sign a vet and draft a QB if TT doesn't improve by the end of the season. I hope he proves me wrong, and there's no need to do either. I just know that when you have a QB passing for a little over 100 yards, you don't win many games. yesterday's numbers were Tebow like.

If you have not made TT posts prior then I apologize...I am not going back to look.

but

Are you saying our QB is "stupid"?

It twists a select few panties for some reason.

Good win. Do I think this season will end up being any different from past seasons because of that win? No.

Sorry if that opinion bothers some people. Ignore me too.

That was a pretty good team we beat yesterday that was at nearly full strength while we were not

Do you think it was a fluke?

Nah the defense was pretty consistent in 2014.

Are they a pretty good team?

Palmer hasn't been so hot to start this season and we've seen it before where teams that were good the previous year aren't the same the next.

I don't think it was a fluke, I just don't see the team consistently putting a performance like that game in and game out. Rex has his stinkers and I don't think last week against the Jets was his last. And Tyrod hasn't looked very good. I hope they prove me wrong.

The fact that Tyrod has room to improve and that we have had so many key players out leads me to beleive that we CAN play better

Are you kidding? We should have started Cardale. Tyrod was sooooooo inaccurate today. He missed like 5 open receivers. Led us to a victory but his stats were terrible. Bench him and start EJ

I was impressed with Powell today Ive been a staunch supporter of Walt since TC. Happy to see him finally get in the game and get a chance to make plays. I wonder whos better when bullets are flying. Powell vs Salas.

So he missed some open receivers. Any chance you watched Big Ben yesterday. He missed way more than 5. It happens.

The fact that Tyrod has room to improve and that we have had so many key players out leads me to beleive that we CAN play better

Just curious, what makes you think Tyrod has room to improve? For 16+ games now, he has been the same QB.

The Bills won, great. That still does not excuse the QB for having piss poor showings in weeks 1 and 2.

Nah the defense was pretty consistent in 2014.

Are they a pretty good team?

Palmer hasn't been so hot to start this season and we've seen it before where teams that were good the previous year aren't the same the next.

I don't think it was a fluke, I just don't see the team consistently putting a performance like that game in and game out. Rex has his stinkers and I don't think last week against the Jets was his last. And Tyrod hasn't looked very good. I hope they prove me wrong.

Its pretty interesting how your take is

If the bills win.....there is something wrong with the other team

if the bills lose.....well they just suck

The Cards are a makeable FG away from a victory of the pats in this early season....and they are loaded with talent

and yes....we did in fact beat them yesterday.....I know that really gets you where you hurt

Yes, very true.

They won though.

but, they are not going to get 4 INT's every week.

They didnt need all those ints yesterday to win.....christ

His accuracy is down from last year.....

so hes regressed and not improved?

Teams now fully understand what Tyrod is capable of, and could it be teams know he has glaring weaknesses and exploit them? He now has to adapt, he has failed to do that, to date.

The Cards are a makeable FG away from a victory of the pats in this early season....and they are loaded with talent

and yes....we did in fact beat them yesterday.....I know that really gets you where you hurt

They didnt need all those ints yesterday to win.....christ

So those INT's didnt help at all and we would still win without any of them?

Also, We are happy that they won, and still concerned that this is not a sustainable long term solution.

Im sorry we are not slobbering all over their knobs because of one win.

Edited by CountDorkula

They didnt need all those ints yesterday to win.....Christ

Thank you.

so hes regressed and not improved?

Teams now fully understand what Tyrod is capable of, and could it be teams know he has glaring weaknesses and exploit them? He now has to adapt, he has failed to do that, to date.

So those INT's didnt help at all and we would still win without any of them?

OR

- He is off to a slow start from not playing much in pre season

- The OC got fired because he might have been doing something that actually affected TT (yesterday the ball was out quicker and he was throwing short routes....which was a huge punch bowl pisser for the NNN's from the week prior

- WR's did drop balls that hit them right in the hands at times......He threw a long go get it pass that had Goodwin ran his route his passing yards would have been way up

- We run the ball.....a lot....and even more when it is working

- And lets not forget that he brings other things to the field......do we disregard his running touchdown and 70 some odd yards rushing?

OR

- He is off to a slow start from not playing much in pre season

- The OC got fired because he might have been doing something that actually affected TT (yesterday the ball was out quicker and he was throwing short routes....which was a huge punch bowl pisser for the NNN's from the week prior

- WR's did drop balls that hit them right in the hands at times......He threw a long go get it pass that had Goodwin ran his route his passing yards would have been way up

- We run the ball.....a lot....and even more when it is working

- And lets not forget that he brings other things to the field......do we disregard his running touchdown and 70 some odd yards rushing?

Im not disregarding anything, Im saying that what you described is not sustainable to long term success, IMO.

In my opinion that type of QB play will get you to a .500 record.

My favorite thing about this whole thing is: people saying the ones concerned about the first two games were told they are overreacting because the Bills won yesterday. Which in turn is overreacting about the victory.

Edited by CountDorkula

Im not disregarding anything, Im saying that what you described is not sustainable to long term success, IMO.

In my opinion that type of QB play will get you to a .500 record.

Our current slate of receivers should not get you to a .500 record. Nor would i design an offense to emphasize passing to them.

Edited by dneveu

You certainly didnt bring it up while you were whining

Johnny Hemet, what are your expectations for this season now?

I don't see the Bills in the playoffs until Wrex is gone, Tyrod is no longer the starter (probably gone), and McCoy is gone (mainly because by the time the other 2 happen, and the team is good enough, they will likely have a different RB).

Watkins is likely the only offensive skill position player that has a chance of seeing the playoffs as a Bill.

So he missed some open receivers. Any chance you watched Big Ben yesterday. He missed way more than 5. It happens.

bro you know italics means its sarcastic right? Your talking to a Tyrod dawg.

mumble mumble mumble

You are really dense.....show me where we are gonna get Aaron Rogers or any other top 5 QB

That is the problem with people like you....you think top 5 qbs are just out there for the picking....

THEY....ARE....NOT

im starting to think a some of these guys with a low post count coming outta the woodwork, didnt watch last season.

bro you know italics means its sarcastic right? Your talking to a Tyrod dawg.

im starting to think a some of these guys with a low post count coming outta the woodwork, didnt watch last season.

I'm one of those guys with a low post count who came out of the woodwork. Yes, I watched last season. I saw a QB who could make deep throws and plays with his legs. I also saw a guy who struggled reading defenses, throwing over the middle, feeling pressure in the pocket, and going through all his progressions. I liked what I saw from him last season. I believed that if he continued to improve he would be a very good QB. My issue is that I haven't seen improvement in any of these areas over the first three games. In fact it seems like he has regressed as a passer. I simply found two games out of the three with just over 100 yards passing to be concerning. Yes, I understand that was the " game plan" but TT also did little as far as being a passer to convince me he can win games as a passer. I know some disagree, but there will be games that need to be won through the air. Throwing the deep ball with no underneath passing game is not going to work consistently either.

Our current slate of receivers should not get you to a .500 record. Nor would i design an offense to emphasize passing to them.

But isn't that kinda what we want to see from Tyrod? If he's a Franchise qb, he should evaluate the players around him. Brady won SBs with David Patten and David Givens. Must posters killed EJ for his Jacksonville game where he had Hogan and Woods as starting Wrs.

I like a lot about Tyrod but he has had some games that look like a high school passing offense. How can anyone want to pay huge money to a guy who struggles at times to get to 150 yards in a league where guys are passing for 4,000 yards on average?

The great thing is he has 13 more games. But based on his first 16 games, I don't think he is a franchise qb. I hope he lights it up in the next 13.