Could EJ be re-signed after the season

Mango

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats 1 QB on the roster because at this rate i see no way possible the Bills give 27M to TT

I agree...

Hell, I'd bet anything that if he signs with a different team and has a game where he takes over there will be a thread about it.

LOL. You are entirely correct!

they will need the roster spot for another QB.

there is no scenario where EJ becomes a contributor to the Bills. even Whaley must know that by now.

Not exactly a fan favorite. (fan forum disciples aside) there Might be new coaching here next year. His value even at the vet minimum would be too high.

EJ will be out of the league in 3 years. Thanks for the memory's man.

they will need the roster spot for another QB.

there is no scenario where EJ becomes a contributor to the Bills. even Whaley must know that by now.

Not exactly a fan favorite. (fan forum disciples aside) there Might be new coaching here next year. His value even at the vet minimum would be too high.

EJ will be out of the league in 3 years. Thanks for the memory's man.

With the amount of crappy back up QB's in the league, I'd have a hard time seeing him not bouncing around the league for at least 5-7 years. There's really no reason he would be out of the league that quick unless someone tries to make him a starter and he falls flat on his face. I'm sure most teams have no interesting in him as a starter but as a back up there's no reason most wouldn't take the chance on him.

I mean even JP and Trent were in the league for a bit after buffalo.

EJ lacks the testicular fortitude to excel at the position. Nice guy. All the physical tools, but he is a church mouse inside.

nice WWF reference. Sorry, WWE.

And you used the church mouse reference wrong. You are inferring that he's hungry.

Edited by The Wiz

With the amount of crappy back up QB's in the league, I'd have a hard time seeing him not bouncing around the league for at least 5-7 years. There's really no reason he would be out of the league that quick unless someone tries to make him a starter and he falls flat on his face. I'm sure most teams have no interesting in him as a starter but as a back up there's no reason most wouldn't take the chance on him.

I mean even JP and Trent were in the league for a bit after buffalo.

nice WWF reference. Sorry, WWE.

I thought of that. Another team trying him out as a starter. And he falls flat. Kind of why I wrote that. I have a brain freeze. Who,was the QB who backed up Fitz when Chan was here? That is an example of someone worse than EJ hanging on for a few years.

I thought of that. Another team trying him out as a starter. And he falls flat. Kind of why I wrote that. I have a brain freeze. Who,was the QB who backed up Fitz when Chan was here? That is an example of someone worse than EJ hanging on for a few years.

Brad Smith? Thigpen? Brohm?

Depends on how much he wants salary-wise - I like him as a back-up QB - maybe TT is gone and he's backing up Jones next year

I think it would be a long shot that Cardale Jones would be ready to star next year. Going into camp, Jones will still have only 10 collegiate games and 0 NFL games worth of starting experience. As a practical matter, I don't think a 3rd string QB gets much work in practice in the NFL other than with the scout team.

Pretty much a zero chance of EJ being a Bill next season. He will want to move on and the Bills will want to move on. The definite possibility of a new regime wouldn't help his cause. They'd want to pick their own QB. And, quite frankly, I can't see any reason that any Bills fan would want to see him here next season - unless it's been so long since they've seen him play that they forgot what that looks like.