Bradford/Kelly 2017

RyanC883

Personal favourite is Baker Mayfield but I know deep down that he's not a Whaley QB if Doug stays. Mayfield falls short in areas that Doug likes.

I wouldn't mind Watson, I think he's a solid prospect. Kaaya is probably a low-end starter. Mental acumen is there but consistency needs to occur, arm isn't strong enough to get away with being sloppy. Kizer is way off where he needs to be but experience this year might accelerate growth. So much depends on who the OC or HC is.

I like Kizers potential I think he's my 4th behind Jackson,Kelly,and Mayfield . I guess right now Watson's my fifth guy.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a lot of faith in Watson, honestly, but I feel he's the 2nd best prospect of what's available. The combination of Accuracy, Smarts, and Athleticism is nice for hope though.

It's also worth noting that Watson has played in the same offense since high school. We have no idea how he would pick up a NFL offense.

Every year we hear about how great the next qb class will be. But face it. There's like 20 or less good NFL Qbs on the planet.

My thing it is kinda hard to really look at QBs right now considering we have no idea what the Next HC and OC and possibly GM will want for their system they are trying to employ.

With Kizer if he comes out this year his rookie year might have some growing pains (if has to start right away), but I also think he is the best of the bunch that will be coming out this year and will have the best career out of them all.

Spend some Saturdays watching college football & knock off the draft Kelly crap just because he is JK's nephew. There are 4 or 5 other QBS I would draft ahead of Kelly that are coming out in the draft next year.

I'm not wed to the idea of Kelly. Just don't know who else to watch. The kid from L-Ville looks great, but is only a sophomore.

This.

Kelly isn't even a top 50 player rated right now by a lot of scouts. so that puts him as a later 2nd rounder.

Kizer and Watson are rated as top 5 players overall right now and Kaaya is a top 15 guy at this point.

I've watched some of Watson. Not overly impressed with his throwing. Haven't seen much of Kizer or Kaaya but plan to. Also would like to see more of Watson, he seems to have played better last year, but again, I don't get to watch too much CFB with little kids at home. I'd take any of these guys. Just pair them with a vet like Bradford and/or even Teddy.

Edited by RyanC883

I'm not wed to the idea of Kelly. Just don't know who else to watch. The kid from L-Ville looks great, but is only a sophomore.

I've watched some of Watson. Not overly impressed with his throwing. Haven't seen much of Kizer or Kaaya but plan to. Also would like to see more of Watson, he seems to have played better last year, but again, I don't get to watch too much CFB with little kids at home. I'd take any of these guys. Just pair them with a vet like Bradford and/or even Teddy.

Watson was better last year to be honest. There is something wrong with that Clemson Offense right now early in the year and he seems to be pressing on the game that I did watch him. I have not watched him as much as I did last year, have been trying to watch Kaaya more because I didn't see a lot of him last year.

It is clear we need a "franchise" QB, or at least not a "backup" playing starter. Here is my suggestion:

1. Get Bradford on a 2-3 year deal. He showed last night that he is a baller when healthy, and Diggs has a similar game to Watkins. He has a 17 million cap-hit next year. If Teddy is healthy I see the Vikings cutting him.

2. Draft Kelly. He can learn behind Bradford for a few years.

3. Keep Jones as the 3rd string QB.

Cut TT and Manuel. (well, try to trade them, but that may not work. Unless Chip Kelly thinks TT is his answer).

OH COME ON! This board SLAMMMMMMMMEEEEEDDDDDD and MOCCCCKKKKEEDDDD the Vikings for trading for Bradford. The guy comes into one game and has a good game and now he's also our savior? How many QBs that this board previously hated are now are saviors? Lets see, I have heard EJ, Bradford, bring Fitz back, even Mike Glennon. Just ridiculous.

Personal favourite is Baker Mayfield but I know deep down that he's not a Whaley QB if Doug stays. Mayfield falls short in areas that Doug likes.

I wouldn't mind Watson, I think he's a solid prospect. Kaaya is probably a low-end starter. Mental acumen is there but consistency needs to occur, arm isn't strong enough to get away with being sloppy. Kizer is way off where he needs to be but experience this year might accelerate growth. So much depends on who the OC or HC is.

The QB I like is the kid from Louisville Lamar Jackson. Can throw it 80 yards, has pocket awereness, uses his legs when he has too. He is a true sophmore though so he won't be going into the draft next sring. Hey maybe we should bring dumb & dumber back & really tank next year for Jackson.

Edited by Gordio

It is clear we need a "franchise" QB, or at least not a "backup" playing starter. Here is my suggestion:

1. Get Bradford on a 2-3 year deal. He showed last night that he is a baller when healthy, and Diggs has a similar game to Watkins. He has a 17 million cap-hit next year. If Teddy is healthy I see the Vikings cutting him.

2. Draft Kelly. He can learn behind Bradford for a few years.

3. Keep Jones as the 3rd string QB.

Cut TT and Manuel. (well, try to trade them, but that may not work. Unless Chip Kelly thinks TT is his answer).

As soon as you wrote "Draft Kelly," you lost all credibility.

Benjamin Allbright said that Kelly is getting late Day 3/UDFA grades from scouts he knows.

I feel he has a lot of untapped potential. And as always the Buffalo Bills will prove we are the smartest team in the room. move back into the first round and grab him around pick 20.

Best Regards, Russ Brandon

The QB I like is the kid from Louisville Lamar Jackson. Can throw it 80 yards, has pocket awereness, uses his legs when he has too. He is a true sophmore though so he won't be going into the draft next sring. Hey maybe we should bring dumb & dumber back & really tank next year for Jackson.

I'm the only person in the world that hasn't seen Jackson play yet. I had heard that his receivers dropped a lot vs. Syracuse so that'll explain the low completion %.

Naturally wary of guys that run that much, good thing is he's got 18 months to develop his passing game.

I got banned after the 2015 draft for reminding people that Karlos hit his ex-girlfriend. Apparently that was slander, two days after someone quite literally proposing that La'el Collins contracted an assassin to kill his ex.

He's a Day 3 guy for me but I don't over-value quarterbacks. I call them as I see them.

The NFL is typically horrendous when it comes to quarterbacks. By rights, he's both UDFA quality and a 1st rounder, depending on the principle you use.

Opinions on Luke Falk out of Washington State? Started watching his stuff and like what I see. Could be a great fit for a west coast scheme.

Ahhh I got my ban because I kept reminding people that Taylor still refuses to go over the middle because he lacks awareness. Apparently it was a call out thread of a player

Yeah, you remind people here too on every page of every thread. Even the topics that have nothing to do with Taylor.

I would prefer a slow-footed, pure pocket passer, played in a pro-style Offense, strong arm but even better accuracy, and has the mental capability to read / adjust to Defenses. I think in today's NFL climate that makes my preferred type of QB a high 2nd round pick.

I'm interested to see what Sam can do with Minn's stingy D, an Antonio Brown clone in Diggs & hopefully a healthy A.P.

People might finally see what GMs said he was supposed to be.

He had one of his best career games and scored 17 points.

I really really don't get the Bradford hype.