Bradford/Kelly 2017

RyanC883

It is clear we need a "franchise" QB, or at least not a "backup" playing starter. Here is my suggestion:

1. Get Bradford on a 2-3 year deal. He showed last night that he is a baller when healthy, and Diggs has a similar game to Watkins. He has a 17 million cap-hit next year. If Teddy is healthy I see the Vikings cutting him.

2. Draft Kelly. He can learn behind Bradford for a few years.

3. Keep Jones as the 3rd string QB.

Cut TT and Manuel. (well, try to trade them, but that may not work. Unless Chip Kelly thinks TT is his answer).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Dude, it's a good QB draft year. DeShone Kizer, Deshaun Watson, Brad Kaaya, Chad Kelly. You probably have two top fivers and 4 firsts all together. I wouldn't trouble myself at all with Sam Bradford's situation.

It is clear we need a "franchise" QB, or at least not a "backup" playing starter. Here is my suggestion:

1. Get Bradford on a 2-3 year deal. He showed last night that he is a baller when healthy, and Diggs has a similar game to Watkins. He has a 17 million cap-hit next year. If Teddy is healthy I see the Vikings cutting him.

Cut TT and Manuel. (well, try to trade them, but that may not work. Unless Chip Kelly thinks TT is his answer).

I could also see them making the playoffs and even winning a game or two with Bradford, and then sticking with him. That means Teddy would be available ...

Spend some Saturdays watching college football & knock off the draft Kelly crap just because he is JK's nephew. There are 4 or 5 other QBS I would draft ahead of Kelly that are coming out in the draft next year.

Edited by Gordio

Spend some Saturdays watching college football & knock off the draft Kelly crap just because he is JK's nephew. There are 4 or 5 other QBS I would draft ahead of Kelly that are coming out in the draft next year.

This.

Kelly isn't even a top 50 player rated right now by a lot of scouts. so that puts him as a later 2nd rounder.

Kizer and Watson are rated as top 5 players overall right now and Kaaya is a top 15 guy at this point.

This.

Kelly isn't even a top 50 player rated right now by a lot of scouts. so that puts him as a later 2nd rounder.

Kizer and Watson are rated as top 5 players overall right now and Kaaya is a top 15 guy at this point.

Benjamin Allbright said that Kelly is getting late Day 3/UDFA grades from scouts he knows.

Edited by Blokestradamus

A path worth considering.... depending on where ownership wants to go this year:

Get Bradford or someone like that in. Experience and is good enough. Good 'bridge' QB like Fitz is for the Jets. Can play competitively while you stack up QBs and find/groom the right one.

No to Kelly. Doesnt seem to have the goods... actually reminds me of Fitz. Is a good gunslinger who seems prone to major catastrophe when games and moments are big.

In fact, if I am high in this draft and Im not sold on one of the QBs, I trade down for quantity.

Benjamin Allbright said that Kelly is getting late Day 3/UDFA grades from scouts he knows.

Yes he does... Speaking Blokes good to see you haven't seen your at BBMB and was wondering where you went too. Got banned from there recently for some unknown reason so took my talents elsewhere

I'd love to know who's he talking too because Kelly is a better prospect than guys like Hackenberg,and Brissett,and look where they went. Kelly's a 2nd rounder right now,reminds me a lot of Derek Carr a few years back,not Javon Snead. Edited by mob16151

Dude, it's a good QB draft year. DeShone Kizer, Deshaun Watson, Brad Kaaya, Chad Kelly. You probably have two top fivers and 4 firsts all together. I wouldn't trouble myself at all with Sam Bradford's situation.

Every year this time it's a "Good QB Draft year"

We don't need Bradford... Stop grabbing bad backups and just get all fresh talent out there. Worst that can happen is we get a good draft pick. Getting these middling guys like Bradford who won't take you to the playoffs but will screw your draft status up doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Yes he does... Speaking Blokes good to see you haven't seen your at BBMB and was wondering where you went too. Got banned from there recently for some unknown reason so took my talents elsewhere

I got banned after the 2015 draft for reminding people that Karlos hit his ex-girlfriend. Apparently that was slander, two days after someone quite literally proposing that La'el Collins contracted an assassin to kill his ex.

I'd love to know who's he talking too because Kelly is a better prospect than guys like Hackenberg,and Brissett,and look where they went. Kelly's a 2nd rounder right now,reminds me a lot of Derek Carr a few years back,not Javon Snead.

He's a Day 3 guy for me but I don't over-value quarterbacks. I call them as I see them.

The NFL is typically horrendous when it comes to quarterbacks. By rights, he's both UDFA quality and a 1st rounder, depending on the principle you use.

Good Article why NFL people have Kelly a lot lower than fans

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/mistakes-doom-mississippi-and-leave-chad-kellys-nfl-draft-stock-sliding/

Some key points. from article....

Kelly's toughness, athleticism and arm talent were all evident in a wild 48-43 loss to Alabama but so too were his flaws, including a lack of pocket awareness that should leave NFL teams considering using a high pick on him nervous.

surrendering 14 points to the Tide on touchdowns scored off a fumble he lost just outside of his own end zone and an interception in which his arm was hit as he attempted to throw the ball.

In both cases, Kelly showed a lack of ideal spatial awareness for the position and the mental clock in the pocket that might most resemble a sundial. Unfortunately for Kelly, this is an area in which he has struggled throughout his career

While Kelly remains well ahead of Iowa's C.J. Beathard among seniors on NFLDraftScout.com's board, Clemson junior Deshaun Watson and Notre Dame redshirt sophomore DeShone Kizer have each shown greater poise in the pocket to this point in their respective careers.

LOL!

I got banned after the 2015 draft for reminding people that Karlos hit his ex-girlfriend. Apparently that was slander, two days after someone quite literally proposing that La'el Collins contracted an assassin to kill his ex.

He's a Day 3 guy for me but I don't over-value quarterbacks. I call them as I see them.

The NFL is typically horrendous when it comes to quarterbacks. By rights, he's both UDFA quality and a 1st rounder, depending on the principle you use.

Fair enough,I dont over value QB's I think,I just have a guy or 2 every year who I see that I like this year,it's Kelly,and the kid from Louisville.

Ahhh I got my ban because I kept reminding people that Taylor still refuses to go over the middle because he lacks awareness. Apparently it was a call out thread of a player

Fair enough,I dont over value QB's I think,I just have a guy or 2 every year who I see that I like this year,it's Kelly,and the kid from Louisville.

Personal favourite is Baker Mayfield but I know deep down that he's not a Whaley QB if Doug stays. Mayfield falls short in areas that Doug likes.

I wouldn't mind Watson, I think he's a solid prospect. Kaaya is probably a low-end starter. Mental acumen is there but consistency needs to occur, arm isn't strong enough to get away with being sloppy. Kizer is way off where he needs to be but experience this year might accelerate growth. So much depends on who the OC or HC is.

1) I love the overreaction people have to one game. Personally, I'll defer to Bradford's entire career than one game before saying I'd pay high franchise qb money.

2) I want to like Kelly because I worry about his intelligence. I don't think he is very smart and there's a bunch of hard evidence.

He also is a one or two read qb. That makes me really nervous. Going in the first round is the worst thing that could happen to him. He's no where close to being able to start a NFL game.