4merper4mer

Reminds me of the great David Carr. Here were the excuses every year:

1) all he needs is a great no. 2 WR.

2) just give him a great TE.

3) better slot guy

4) better RB

5) better line

6) better defense

Sadly this list has been applied to every Bills QB since Kelly. Great QB's like Kelly lift the play of players around them. Its highly doubtful that Andre Reed becomes a HOF'er without Kelly. Kelly likely would have been a HOF'er with another wide receiver.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That playoff hunt is very loosely.

Guess Josh Freeman must be better too since Colts won a game with him, too

Agreed and it was driven by the fact that they play in a terrible division. All of Luck's playoffs entries were achieved in similar fashion. In his fifth year he has proven nothing other than the fact that he has the ability to singlehandedly kill a team's salary cap.

Agreed and it was driven by the fact that they play in a terrible division. All of Luck's playoffs entries were achieved in similar fashion. In his fifth year he has proven nothing other than the fact that he has the ability to singlehandedly kill a team's salary cap.

You've been beating this drum for a while now. For curiosity's sake, list all the QBs you think that are better than him.

You're entitled to your own opinion of course. Your original defense of Luck was that

A. The Bills have had QBs that are worse so we can't say anything and

B. Luck has made the playoffs a lot

A. Luck's career has very little to do with the Bills. We have not had good QBs but that has no bearing on whether he is Joe Montana or Ryan Leaf or anywhere in between. Not a good argument. The only thing the Bills would have to do with it at all would be when Rex made him look like an idiot last year. If Rex makes you look like an idiot, well..... Even with that though, the Bills QBs have zero to do with anything.

B. You did notice that he plays in a division featuring the Texans, Titans and Jags right?

It's fine to defend him as some sort of great QB but at offer something about him. I'm sure you can understand based on your last argument why I thought you were just parting the media.

I hear ya. But my point about the bills having QB's worse than Luck was not to prove that Luck is a great QB. I was trying to say, it is ironic that us bills fans who have had garbage QB play for over 20 years, is saying that a QB like Andrew Luck isn't good.. I don't know about you, but I would KILL to have Luck on the Bills. And in response to what I said about Luck being good, the Texans had very good teams from 2012-2014. AFC championship games, and 2nd seed a couple years in a row I believe. So he did have competition there. He also has 3 playoff wins. More than Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford combined, while younger than them and on less talented teams. He lit up Denver's defence in the 2014 playoffs IN mile high stadium to get to the championship game. I get that he is not a top 5 QB now, but put some talent around him with competent coaching, and he can take a team to the promise land easily in my opinion

SDS ran out of storage for last year's excuses, so please put 2016's here.

So far Kim Jung QB is 0-2. There were 5 defensive or special teams touchdowns in the entire league yesterday. 40% of them were gifts from the impervious one.

Luck might be the most over rated QB I have ever seen in my life. That does NOT mean he is a bad QB, I am saying he is so freaking over rated. He has an atrocious post season performance record, and I don't mean just win/loss. I mean he has more turnovers than Touchdowns, that his play greatly drops off, is rating is terrible, etc. Luck complies big stats in the regular season off his weak division and then gets crushed by good defenses.

He just doesn't make good decisions. Is he a starting QB, absolutely. Is he a good QB, absolutely. Is he a great QB...not a chance, at least not yet. He is anointed as if he's the best QB in the league by people yet he's never been close. Colts won more games with-OUT hm last year than WITH him. He is a turnover machine.

Hes a guy who actually gets more stats because of his mistakes. His turnovers put them behind often and they have to keep throwing his way back into the game. Defenses soften up later in the game and he gets late game scores while down multiple scores.

If Luck can figure out how to not make so many bad decisions and reign in his turnovers, he could be special. Until then, he is Jeff George part 2. Jeff was one of the most gifted passers in the game during his time, but his achilles heal was always mental and poor decision making. When I watch Luck, I see Jeff George with the ability to also run. I see a guy living on his draft hype still of being the greatest prospect since Manning but isn't living up to it. I see a guy who regressed last year and hasn't shown any growth as a passer over last 2 years. I see a guy who's personal performance plummets in the post season.

I don't see the highest paid QB ever or a guy who deserves it. I don't see a HOF player by any means. I don't see the guy everyone tells me he is.

Doesn't mean he wont get there, but right now he is no where near what the fantasy football GM's tell me he is because he scores for them in Fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...

No good in foreign countries?

Freaked out by British accents?

Jet lag?

Bad batch of Fish & Chips?

30 points against?

In their three losses they've allowed 39, 34 and 30. Yep, it's all the QB!

Well that last TD he got sure was a gift in garbage time but let's leave that out. This is the excuse thread.

Garbage time? It pulled them within 3 with 3 minutes left. Not saying it wasn't a gift (how anybody gets that open down two scores with 3 minutes left I have no idea

Well that last TD he got sure was a gift in garbage time but let's leave that out. This is the excuse thread.

39. 34. 30. Look at those numbers again and tell me how a team can win consistently no matter who is playing QB?

Cowher just said it himself. Luck is a good player but he has no margin for error because not many others are doing their job.

Carry on though. This isn't an excuse thread, it's a crusade thread.

Edited by MDH

Garbage time? It pulled them within 3 with 3 minutes left. Not saying it wasn't a gift (how anybody gets that open down two scores with 3 minutes left I have no idea

39. 34. 30. Look at those numbers again and tell me how a team can win consistently no matter who is playing QB?

Cowher just said it himself. Luck is a good player but he has no margin for error because not many others are doing their job.

Carry on though. This isn't an excuse thread, it's a crusade thread.

Dude it was garbage time. Jax was in prevent and messed up. Was the ridiculous decision to throw...and badly...on that 4th and 1 when he could have walked for a first down the defense's fault too?

Luck might be the most over rated QB I have ever seen in my life. That does NOT mean he is a bad QB, I am saying he is so freaking over rated. He has an atrocious post season performance record, and I don't mean just win/loss. I mean he has more turnovers than Touchdowns, that his play greatly drops off, is rating is terrible, etc. Luck complies big stats in the regular season off his weak division and then gets crushed by good defenses.

He just doesn't make good decisions. Is he a starting QB, absolutely. Is he a good QB, absolutely. Is he a great QB...not a chance, at least not yet. He is anointed as if he's the best QB in the league by people yet he's never been close. Colts won more games with-OUT hm last year than WITH him. He is a turnover machine.

Hes a guy who actually gets more stats because of his mistakes. His turnovers put them behind often and they have to keep throwing his way back into the game. Defenses soften up later in the game and he gets late game scores while down multiple scores.

If Luck can figure out how to not make so many bad decisions and reign in his turnovers, he could be special. Until then, he is Jeff George part 2. Jeff was one of the most gifted passers in the game during his time, but his achilles heal was always mental and poor decision making. When I watch Luck, I see Jeff George with the ability to also run. I see a guy living on his draft hype still of being the greatest prospect since Manning but isn't living up to it. I see a guy who regressed last year and hasn't shown any growth as a passer over last 2 years. I see a guy who's personal performance plummets in the post season.

I don't see the highest paid QB ever or a guy who deserves it. I don't see a HOF player by any means. I don't see the guy everyone tells me he is.

Doesn't mean he wont get there, but right now he is no where near what the fantasy football GM's tell me he is because he scores for them in Fantasy.

I am going to restate everything I have already stated about Luck above in the last post I made in this thread. Most Over Rated QB I have ever seen in this league. Plays more like Jeff George (all the tools to be Elite but lacks the mental game and is too mistake prone) than a future HOF QB like everyone wants to crown him because he scores fantasy points.

Check out P Manning's first 5 seasons: 3 years made the playoffs. 3 one and dones. 3 game total: 1 TD and 2 ints.

Now THAT guy was over rated.

Had ESPN radio on for a bit. Some guy named Louis Riddick who should change his last name to Riddickulous said:

"One of the great players of our generation" is being wasted because he is surrounded by 52 idiots. The part in quotes is verbatim. The rest is paraphrased. He didn't even have the intelligence to insert the word "potentially". He flat out called turnover machine Luck one of the great players of our generation. It's mind boggling. Why not just call Gillislee the "greatest running back in the history of football" whose stupid teammates sometimes allow opposing players to tackle him?

What "greatest players" in any generation make that bonehead mistake Luck made on 4th and 1 yesterday?

I do feel bad for him in that he isn't the one calling himself the greatest. i have never seen him personally say a single word that makes me see him as arrogant. It isn't his fault that he's been touted so highly. If Jeff Tuel had put up the same career he would have been called a "nice surprise" but not someone that prevented the Bills for looking for their franchise QB in every draft.

It really is something that is out of control in our society. Kim Kardashian is a celebrity because someone said she is a celebrity. Stephen Hawking is a the smartest man alive because it sells whatever it sells. The two presidential candidates are there because......God don't even get me started...I'll leave politics out of this.

Sadly this is part of human nature. "The Emperor's New Clothes" explained this to anyone who would listen in 1837 and I'm sure there were similar fables before that.