Favorite Moment as a Bills Fan

Virgil

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cowboys game where Peerless fumbled and gave them the last second win for a game that was pretty much in the bag?

I'm guessing mrags left at the half when we had an insurmountable lead. Or drank himself into a coma and the memory of the end of the game is deeply repressed. I wish it was for me. That loss still inspires disgust.

1990 AFC Championship. My most vivid memory was walking the concourse during the 2nd half with the game already decided. Hugging strangers as we all were stunned by the realization that the Bills were going to the SB. Yells of celebration and joy. The after party in Drive 2 was epic.

I'm guessing mrags left at the half when we had an insurmountable lead. Or drank himself into a coma and the memory of the end of the game is deeply repressed. I wish it was for me. That loss still inspires disgust.

Yeah, that loss epitomizes the last 16 years of futility. Losing to the Cowboys made it all the more brutal. I remember having to face all the Cowboy fans who got another chance to make fun of our futility. All the obnoxious Western NY Cowboy fans were silenced for most of the game, and we still gave it away. In reality the Boys played terrible, and shouldn't have won. It was just another example of us being a laughingstock in front of a national audience. The atmosphere for that game was amazing though. The ending just tainted it all for me. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Bills Steelers 1980. We were crazy for Bills in those days listening on radio and turning the TV down. It was a terrific day as my wife was pregnant. My daughter was born early the next morning and she is still a huge Bills fan living in Florida.

Bills beat the vaunted Steelers who won the Super Bowl the previous year. I think that was the game Haslet stepped on Terry Bradshaw's face/head. No QB protection in those days.

Pretty much agree with all you said. I was too young for the glory days, so my best memories were the 31-0 win over the pats, and the florence INT against Brady in 2011 which led to that bills comeback win. Another great one was in 2008 as well, when Trent Edwards led the bills back against Oakland. That put the bills to 3 and 0 at the time

I remember that jets game vividly. The Fred smearlles blocked FG seemed so magical. You knew we were on the cusp of greatness.

somewhere i have some grainy kodak instamatic pictures of the games end. I kind of remember a light drizzle during the game. One is in the parking lots with Sheriffs stopping traffic so the drunken fans could parade the huge goal post pieces down the road. It was great.

The Cowboys MNF game is most memorable for me - despite the outcome. The electricity was palpable hours before kickoff. It was a gorgeous night, beautiful sunset and such a party atmosphere all around the stadium grounds pregame. Inside it was incredibly intense the entire game.

The only other time I can remember feeling that kind of electricity before a game was in 74 or 75 when the Braves hosted a playoff game against the Celtics. It was electric In the Aud. Braves lost as well, thanks to refs and Jo Jo White

Edited by WotAGuy

This one's easy. My dad & I were at the '92 Wildcard game vs Houston, aka The Comeback. I'll never forget it. A close second would be the '90 home finale vs Miami. Kelly was out and Reich stepped up with a lot of help from Thurman to help win the East title. I saw one of the goal post uprights being tossed over the top of the visitor side upper deck. Crazy!

Edited by Peace Frog