How is Watkins?

gjv001

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just started my crusade against him this year really. Last season I was pretty pissed at his comments despite actually manning up. This year he gets no pass. He's a whinny baby and he either doesn't want to be here, always has some nagging issue, or he decides to play when he wants to. Either way, I'm done with him. He's a loser that was at best the 4th best WR in his draft that Whaley overpaid to get #shockface

I was skeptical when reading your crusades as far as spiller and Goodwin. They get pushy and old but you weren't wrong.

Now I'm thinkin ur right again. It really irritated me he wasn't on the field in desperation time Thursday, if only to be a decoy. Instead he mopes around like a big shot on the sidelines. Makes me wanna puke.

I was skeptical when reading your crusades as far as spiller and Goodwin. They get pushy and old but you weren't wrong.

Now I'm thinkin ur right again. It really irritated me he wasn't on the field in desperation time Thursday, if only to be a decoy. Instead he mopes around like a big shot on the sidelines. Makes me wanna puke.

The game was over. Maybe the foot was too painful to be effective at that point. If he goes out there and can't run a good route, he'll get criticized. If he goes out and a guy takes a cheap shot at him and he gets hurt, he'll be criticized. I didn't want him out there at that point, personally. He's more valuable for the next game than one that is lost. Bills have executed like one good OS kick in the last twenty years. They had a chance to win when he was out there and TT under threw him for an INT. Would have been 1st and goal at the five at worst. But for some reason fans love to crusade against the most talented players on the team. My guess is if they had recovered an OS kick and had a shot to win, he'd have gone back out.

thanks. The problem is the idiots will still defend the useless players to the end.

The game was over. Maybe the foot was too painful to be effective at that point. If he goes out there and can't run a good route, he'll get criticized. If he goes out and a guy takes a cheap shot at him and he gets hurt, he'll be criticized. I didn't want him out there at that point, personally. He's more valuable for the next game than one that is lost. Bills have executed like one good OS kick in the last twenty years. They had a chance to win when he was out there and TT under threw him for an INT. Would have been 1st and goal at the five at worst. But for some reason fans love to crusade against the most talented players on the team. My guess is if they had recovered an OS kick and had a shot to win, he'd have gone back out.

he missed significant time during the game. Especially in the last 2-3 series when the game was on the line

thanks. The problem is the idiots will still defend the useless players to the end. he missed significant time during the game. Especially in the last 2-3 series when the game was on the line

He was out there quite a bit, and was open for a likely TD, no worse than first and goal and TT under threw him badly. it was in the second half. He was also open a lot vs Ravens. I think the foot pain thing is going to linger for awhile. It seems to be the case with Jones fractures. He still is capable of producing more than anyone on the Offense, even under 100%. That said, I'm not a huge fan of Goodwin. He's a one trick pony. Can play a role, but has missed lots of games. Spiller couldn't run inside. Watkins has far more talent than those players.

He was out there quite a bit, and was open for a likely TD, no worse than first and goal and TT under threw him badly. it was in the second half. He was also open a lot vs Ravens. I think the foot pain thing is going to linger for awhile. It seems to be the case with Jones fractures. He still is capable of producing more than anyone on the Offense, even under 100%. That said, I'm not a huge fan of Goodwin. He's a one trick pony. Can play a role, but has missed lots of games. Spiller couldn't run inside. Watkins has far more talent than those players.

glad you and I see eye to eye on Spiller and Goodwin. Maybe in time you'll realize the Sammy Blumpkin is just as much of a loser as those other 2 were.

The 2nd half is far different from the last 2-3 series when the game is on the line. He was also out of commission on the Ravens game quite a bit as well. I was at both games and looked for him to be on the field like a true #1 WR should be in those situations and he was no where to be found.

Edited by mrags

glad you and I see eye to eye on Spiller and Goodwin. Maybe in time you'll realize the Sammy Blumpkin is just as much of a loser as those other 2 were.

Nope . SW is night and day from those guys. I don't think Goodwin or Spiller are losers, either. They just aren't good enough to be top players. Watkins is a super talented guy on a team that has no idea how to use him . He's had a couple injury issues, but has toughed it out and played through them . He hasn't missed many games. he needs a QB that can read a defense and put the ball where he can go get it. When they did last year, he showed what he can do. He's the most talented WR the Bills have had in a long time. I just hope they figure out how to make him the focus of their offense.

I just hope they figure out how to make him the focus of their offense.

What's hilarious is this line right here could have been said about any one of those useless players we've mentioned. At the end of the day, good football players find ways to get on the field and succeed. Sammy, just like those others, is proving the opposite.

Just my opinion.

But I think you'll be hoping quite a while.

What's hilarious is this line right here could have been said about any one of those useless players we've mentioned. At the end of the day, good football players find ways to get on the field and succeed. Sammy, just like those others, is proving the opposite.

Just my opinion.

But I think you'll be hoping quite a while.

It could have been said, by someone that doesn't know what they were seeing. Spiller was not an instinctive running back. Coaches were infatuated with his speed and he was over drafted . Goodwin was drafted about where he should be. Fast, but about a 5th round pick. Not a complete player and not likely to ever get there. Watkins hasn't missed all that much time. He got on the field . He gets open. WRs kind of depend on a QB to get them the ball. That's no fault of SWs. He can't succeed by "finding a way" to a QB. TT needs to prove he's a QB and get his best WR the ball. I think most NFL personnel guys would say Watkins is a good football player. Just my opinion.

I'm more worried about Sammy's foot than G-Ro's departure.

G-Ro's firing may turn out to be a good thing, or a neutral thing.

Sammy's foot has the potential of really hurting our offense.

SWs foot is a problem, but it doesn't seem like he can do any more damage by playing. Just something where he's going to have to play through discomfort. He seems to have gotten open enough. We'll see if the change at OC makes him more of a focus .

It could have been said, by someone that doesn't know what they were seeing. Spiller was not an instinctive running back. Coaches were infatuated with his speed and he was over drafted . Goodwin was drafted about where he should be. Fast, but about a 5th round pick. Not a complete player and not likely to ever get there. Watkins hasn't missed all that much time. He got on the field . He gets open. WRs kind of depend on a QB to get them the ball. That's no fault of SWs. He can't succeed by "finding a way" to a QB. TT needs to prove he's a QB and get his best WR the ball. I think most NFL personnel guys would say Watkins is a good football player. Just my opinion.

again? All I hear is excuses. Do you think TO made excuses with Jeff Garcia or Elvis Grbac throwing him the ball. How about Chad Ocho Cinco with his band of misfits getting him the rock. Hell, even Moulds had nobody's throwing him the ball and he produced. good players demand the ball and teams find a way to get it to them no matter what. Bad players play hurt and have more excuses than dollars.

It's just your opinion that differs from mine. It's fine, at the end of his career we will see. So far I'm batting pretty good tho.

again? All I hear is excuses. Do you think TO made excuses with Jeff Garcia or Elvis Grbac throwing him the ball. How about Chad Ocho Cinco with his band of misfits getting him the rock. Hell, even Moulds had nobody's throwing him the ball and he produced. good players demand the ball and teams find a way to get it to them no matter what. Bad players play hurt and have more excuses than dollars.

It's just your opinion that differs from mine. It's fine, at the end of his career we will see. So far I'm batting pretty good tho.

I haven't heard SW make any excuses. If you hear excuses you arent listening . I've heard him say he wants the ball more. That's been said by TO and Ocho and many others. Garcia and Grbac look like world beaters next to Bills QBs. Moulds had Flutie and Drew Bledsoe. The Bills need to find a way to get it to SW . We'll see if they do. I'm rooting for them to do it , and for SW to respond like he did last season because I want the Bills to win. If you want to root for Bills players to fail to keep up your batting average , your rooting interest in the Bills is quite different from mine. It's fine, but safe to say I don't think we would see eye to eye on very much at all.

Boat,

You do know that cannot continue right? If Sammy's pain is so bad that he cannot be on the field at critical moments in a game then he should be shut down and another WR given a chance.

I am hoping that as the time goes on in the season Sammy will adjust to having the screw in his foot and will adjust.

I would we have other WRs that could help us.

Yep. I think this team needs to pass more to be at their best . That includes Shady in the passing game as well. Otherwise it's wasted potential .

In order to to do this, the Bills need to first sustain drives. They need to be better on 3rd downs. The opportunity to include your playmakers come when you can show consistency in moving the football. Sadly,we have lacked that in both the games.

I haven't heard SW make any excuses. If you hear excuses you arent listening . I've heard him say he wants the ball more. That's been said by TO and Ocho and many others. Garcia and Grbac look like world beaters next to Bills QBs. Moulds had Flutie and Drew Bledsoe. The Bills need to find a way to get it to SW . We'll see if they do. I'm rooting for them to do it , and for SW to respond like he did last season because I want the Bills to win. If you want to root for Bills players to fail to keep up your batting average , your rooting interest in the Bills is quite different from mine. It's fine, but safe to say I don't think we would see eye to eye on very much at all.

its not about wanting Bills players to fail to keep up my batting average. It's about realizing when a player is a loser, POS, injury plagued, or whining cry baby, out for himself. He's pretty much all of these things.

I'm don't here. As you said we don't see eye to eye on much. You have your opinions and I have mine. So far I'm right. I'll go with that.

i just started my crusade against him this year really. Last season I was pretty pissed at his comments despite actually manning up. This year he gets no pass. He's a whinny baby and he either doesn't want to be here, always has some nagging issue, or he decides to play when he wants to. Either way, I'm done with him. He's a loser that was at best the 4th best WR in his draft that Whaley overpaid to get #shockface

He is the loser, but you are the guy still butt hurt a year later about him calling some dbag fans out on Twitter? Or were you the guy talking trash to him on Twitter?

its not about wanting Bills players to fail to keep up my batting average. It's about realizing when a player is a loser, POS, injury plagued, or whining cry baby, out for himself. He's pretty much all of these things.

I'm don't here. As you said we don't see eye to eye on much. You have your opinions and I have mine. So far I'm right. I'll go with that.

Watkins is one of the best in the world at his craft and you are a guy who posts on a message board criticizing football players. Yeah, he's the loser. :lol: