How is Watkins?

gjv001

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is just laughable yeah it is. For some reason you think players that make millions of dollars think it's alright to belittle their fans.

If His comments to fans didn't offend you I fear you are part of what's wrong with this country. But that's just my opinion.

Actually being offended over some comments of a nobody is what is wrong with this country. Grow some balls.

this is just laughable yeah it is. For some reason you think players that make millions of dollars think it's alright to belittle their fans.

If His comments to fans didn't offend you I fear you are part of what's wrong with this country. But that's just my opinion.

But he wasn't belittling his fans. His fans would never post things like that on Instagram. He was belittling some losers sitting around in their parents basement in their underwear berating him for doing something with his family and for having the nerve to be injured playing a game and putting offensive comments on his social media when it is after all just a game. Those people are a part of what's wrong with this country. I don't care how much or how little Watkins makes. He wasn't talking to me. The folks he was talking to deserved his response. But in this PC world, it wasn't ok for Watkins to hurt their feelings.

But he wasn't belittling his fans. His fans would never post things like that on Instagram. He was belittling some losers sitting around in their parents basement in their underwear berating him for doing something with his family and for having the nerve to be injured playing a game and putting offensive comments on his social media when it is after all just a game. Those people are a part of what's wrong with this country. I don't care how much or how little Watkins makes. He wasn't talking to me. The folks he was talking to deserved his response. But in this PC world, it wasn't ok for Watkins to hurt their feelings.

It's amazing how you can decipher Sammy's intent in posting such boneheaded comments. I took it as meaning "all of us" (as fans). I may have a lil' old job though.

It's amazing how you can decipher Sammy's intent in posting such boneheaded comments. I took it as meaning "all of us" (as fans). I may have a lil' old job though.

Well if some knuckleheads are posting things on his Instagram , and he shoots back with "all y'all" I'm going to interpret that as a retort to those people. Not to people who are not posting things on his Instagram . I don't think it's a big leap. More of a leap to interpret it as " all my fans" .

Well if some knuckleheads are posting things on his Instagram , and he shoots back with "all y'all" I'm going to interpret that as a retort to those people. Not to people who are not posting things on his Instagram . I don't think it's a big leap. More of a leap to interpret it as " all my fans" .

I agree.... How can he be telling me to be going back to my little job, when it's no less than a medium job... Clearly he wasn't talking to me!! Hahaha

Disagree. The fact that he even makes a comparison between his job (which he isn't doing very well) and 80-90% of his fans who make less money than he does, says a lot about him IMO. Production (which means separation from CB's, holding on to the ball, out jumping a CB, etc.) and keeping dumbass socioeconomic comments to himself would be a good start.

Disagree. The fact that he even makes a comparison between his job (which he isn't doing very well) and 80-90% of his fans who make less money than he does, says a lot about him IMO. Production (which means separation from CB's, holding on to the ball, out jumping a CB, etc.) and keeping dumbass socioeconomic comments to himself would be a good start.

Seems to be a sore spot for you. The guy was lashing back at some jag offs that posted snarky comments on his social media. He hurled back at them. Big deal, nothing to see here. Yes NFL players make a lot of money. We all know this. If someone wants to be paid like that they can go be one. The Watkins thing was a total non story blown out of proportion by the PC crowd.

I think the disconnect is who each one of you think he's talking to.... All his fans vs the people ripping on him via insta-picture

Seems to be a sore spot for you. The guy was lashing back at some jag offs that posted snarky comments on his social media. He hurled back at them. Big deal, nothing to see here. Yes NFL players make a lot of money. We all know this. If someone wants to be paid like that they can go be one. The Watkins thing was a total non story blown out of proportion by the PC crowd.

Did you notice how no one made "knucklehead" comments about Fred Jackson? Why's that?

Did you notice how no one made "knucklehead" comments about Fred Jackson? Why's that?

I didn't notice. I don't follow players social media. If I had to guess, it's because some people have anger issues that they take out on entertainers. They follow their social media because they are more interested in players lives than their own. Perhaps Fred Jackson was too much of an underdog , a good story, for these folks to take out their anger issues on. They are probably just projecting their frustration with their lot in life onto these highly paid athletes. Watkins seems like an easy target. High draft pick, big contract. Jackson likely wasn't making enough money to be their target, couldn't be angry with him. He's their security blanket. He's the one that had to work hard to get where he was ( in their mind) just like them! Watkins couldn't have worked hard , or hard enough. He had it easy.

I didn't notice. I don't follow players social media. If I had to guess, it's because some people have anger issues that they take out on entertainers. They follow their social media because they are more interested in players lives than their own. Perhaps Fred Jackson was too much of an underdog , a good story, for these folks to take out their anger issues on. They are probably just projecting their frustration with their lot in life onto these highly paid athletes. Watkins seems like an easy target. High draft pick, big contract. Jackson likely wasn't making enough money to be their target, couldn't be angry with him. He's their security blanket. He's the one that had to work hard to get where he was ( in their mind) just like them! Watkins couldn't have worked hard , or hard enough. He had it easy.

Re. your last sentence....Can you say passive aggressive? Yeah, my job isn't much, but I do have a brain and wouldn't make a generalization about others.

Re. your last sentence....Can you say passive aggressive? Yeah, my job isn't much, but I do have a brain and wouldn't make a generalization about others.

Just an opinion. If that seems a generalization about what a few dolts who made idiotic comments on SWs Instagram page were likely thinking then so be it. I doubt that these people were the best and brightest among us. I don't care what their jobs are. They crossed a line and SW fired right back at them . Good for him. But a giant "who cares " other than the whole thing was worth a good laugh. You wonder what people must be thinking sometimes to do the things they do. It's just so easy to be a tough guy when flexing ones internet muscles. Nothing wrong with them getting a comeuppance .

Just an opinion. If that seems a generalization about what a few dolts who made idiotic comments on SWs Instagram page were likely thinking then so be it. I doubt that these people were the best and brightest among us. I don't care what their jobs are. They crossed a line and SW fired right back at them . Good for him. But a giant "who cares " other than the whole thing was worth a good laugh. You wonder what people must be thinking sometimes to do the things they do. It's just so easy to be a tough guy when flexing ones internet muscles. Nothing wrong with them getting a comeuppance .

A "comeuppance" isn't comparing your multi-million dollar salary to those jerks because, inevitably, you will cast a net over many who misinterpret his reply. I understand his response...but didn't like it. He should respond on the field. Let's hope he gets back to his 2015 Week 9-16 stats or we may be in for a looong off season.

I think SW responded on the field for those seven weeks after he pleaded for the ball. It seemed someone made a concerted effort to get it to him. He performed. Was that Greg Roman, Tyrod? Who knows. The guy has been open a lot in 2 games this year, yet it seems the Bills are back to ignoring SW. Anyway, he isn't getting the ball enough , and is not enough of a focal point for the offense. He should get 10 targets a game, every time. He's the best option they have in the passing game. We'll see if the new OC has a new focus on getting the ball to SW, and Clay for that matter. I think Watkins is just going to keep having to play through the effects of the fracture. Playing on it won't make it worse, just a pain thing. But he's been open, and frustrated, as we saw on TNF when he grabbed his helmet and pounded on the turf .

I think SW responded on the field for those seven weeks after he pleaded for the ball. It seemed someone made a concerted effort to get it to him. He performed. Was that Greg Roman, Tyrod? Who knows. The guy has been open a lot in 2 games this year, yet it seems the Bills are back to ignoring SW. Anyway, he isn't getting the ball enough , and is not enough of a focal point for the offense. He should get 10 targets a game, every time. He's the best option they have in the passing game. We'll see if the new OC has a new focus on getting the ball to SW, and Clay for that matter. I think Watkins is just going to keep having to play through the effects of the fracture. Playing on it won't make it worse, just a pain thing. But he's been open, and frustrated, as we saw on TNF when he grabbed his helmet and pounded on the turf .

Not only are they ignoring Sammy, the are ignoring the pass in general