How is Watkins?

gjv001

Its already been posted on this thread but bears repeating here:

Best WR in the NFL for 2nd half of last year. Major game changer.

He goes out of bounds instead of being hit because he's being smart and listening to his coaches.

full body of work by friend. Full body of work.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is nothing wrong but pain, when exactly will this pain go away? Marcel needs to give him some weed or something. The pain might NEVER go away.

The it's just a pain thing, but playing will not re injure the foot has me skeptical.

I would think if that were true? Any football player would just play.

The it's just a pain thing, but playing will not re injure the foot has me skeptical.

I would think if that were true? Any football player would just play.

That would be the case. And why would Porcelain be twating he is good to go, last week and just a couple days ago.

Leads me to believe 2 things:

1. Sammy is soft and is putting himself before the team. Or

2. The screw is in fact loose in his foot and there is a concern it could get worse or it could lead to another stress fracture.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

That would be the case. And why would Porcelain be twating he is good to go, last week and just a couple days ago.

Leads me to believe 2 things:

1. Sammy is soft and is putting himself before the team. Or

2. The screw is in fact loose in his foot and there is a concern it could get worse or it could lead to another stress fracture.

Imo

He may not be at a greater risk of re-breaking the bone in his foot.........but playing thru it might lead to favoring the foot and subjecting himself to a different injury the way that Percy Harvin reportedly did last year.....or creating an arthritic situation in the foot.

I'm not defending him, I don't think he's a smart player and I think sometimes dumber/stubborn players have to learn the hard way how to keep their body healthy.

I often cite Eric Wood.......took him a few seasons in the NFL to learn how NOT to play football so he wasn't breaking bones and knees doing things he can't do or shouldn't be doing.

I think Sammy needs to learn how NOT to train........like too much high impact training on his legs.

Was just re-reading some of the now closed thread announcing the broken foot back in May.

The usual suspects were deriding the realist posters for being "negative", making "The sky is falling" jokes, and assuring the board that this is no big deal, as it is a 6 week injury and Sammy will be back for training camp. No big deal.

That led to many posts laughing at the "negative sky is falling" crowd...

Good times.

Was just re-reading some of the now closed thread announcing the broken foot back in May.

The usual suspects were deriding the realist posters for being "negative", making "The sky is falling" jokes, and assuring the board that this is no big deal, as it is a 6 week injury and Sammy will be back for training camp. No big deal.

That led to many posts laughing at the "negative sky is falling" crowd...

Good times.

Yeah I was the butt of that joke for a weeks, not that it come to fruition makes it any better.

Yeah I was the butt of that joke for a weeks, not that it come to fruition makes it any better.

The point isn't that folks were being derided for simple negativity based on any relevant facts; at the time, no prognosis was offered, so the "sky is falling" crowd had no justification.

IIRC, most folks were taking the wait-and-see approach

The point isn't that folks were being derided for simple negativity based on any relevant facts; at the time, no prognosis was offered, so the "sky is falling" crowd had no justification.

IIRC, most folks were taking the wait-and-see approach

A wait and see approach is fair but even when I alluded to a Jones fracture and the difficulties that come along with it many folks wouldnt digest that. Instead they would rather categorize each individual poster and not look at the information infront of them. Your a smart guy, it's no surprise that Watkins is having a difficult time with this injury. It should have been expected and addressed by the team, that's where my focus goes....not to the other fans. We are an animal of our own and the differences create good conversation when folks are actually interested in it.

Hate to break it to you, but just about all of it sticks.😂

One of things I was confident in(or positive if you want to go that direction) was Tyrod and I've been wrong about that up to this point.

I was concerned about Sammys injury back in May as well and of course the shills came to the rescue.... And of course they appear to be wrong again.

WR's struggles returning from Jones fractures are well documented. The history speaks for itself, the team was ho hum about the details of the surgery and did not address the position. The injury in itself is not a death sentence but any forward thinking organization would address the position in that situation. Sammy was brought in to be a superstar, his immediate future was put in danger by the injury and the best we could muster was a 6th rounder on a WR with a preexisting injury.

We can all agree on that...that's a big ole..... Come On Maaaan

Edited by Commonsense

Exactly.

Many of us expressed the need for another legit WR jn the offseason.(only to be shutdown by the shills)

They felt the need to fill holes for defense in the draft and not one of our first two picks is active.

Just for the record, you are often capable of making good points.

When you use that term, it completely undermines any substance you might have, because it gives the appearance that anyone that disagrees with you must be shilling for the organization...and that would be a remarkably stupid position to take.

It's the EXACT same approach that dilutes the arguments of the folks that immediately attack anyone that's even remotely critical of any part of the organization, which is also a remarkably stupid position to take.

A note to both sides: stop leveling generalizations at what are the vast minority of posters. When 3 posters attack you for your opinion, that doesn't mean the other thousand or so on the board are with them; talk with the remaining 99% of the board and stop wasting your time with those you deem to be nonsensical, and for goodness sake, stop bringing them up in discussions that don't involve them.

Edited by thebandit27