Anyone catch the conspiracy theory on PTI?

Virgil

Can't remember the girl's name who was co-hosting, but she made a wild accusation about why Roman was fired.

Roman was the only in-house guy who wasn't a straight up "Rex" guy. If Rex were to get fired mid-season, he was basically the only guy who could replace him. Knowing that, Rex fired him first and used him as his scapegoat too.

I don't believe this for a second. I don't think Rex is that maniacal nor smart, but it just had to be repeated and I was shocked at the balls of her to say it on primetime.

Can't remember the girl's name who was co-hosting, but she made a wild accusation about why Roman was fired.

Roman was the only in-house guy who wasn't a straight up "Rex" guy. If Rex were to get fired mid-season, he was basically the only guy who could replace him. Knowing that, Rex fired him first and used him as his scapegoat too.

I don't believe this for a second. I don't think Rex is that maniacal nor smart, but it just had to be repeated and I was shocked at the balls of her to say it on primetime.

Well, the part about Rex not being smart enough to think a couple moves ahead in this Special Ed School game of chess rings true ...

I actually think this could be possible. I always felt Roman was one of the few not in Rex's circle. Sure, he coached with Roman awhile back in Baltimore but that was it. The Pegulas interviewed Roman for the HC job and really liked him, so I'm guessing they pushed Rex a bit to bring him on board.

The girl is Rachel Nichols. She is a former Washington Post sports columnist and stars on ESPN's show The Jump. She's been on ESPN's football and basketball coverage for quite a while. She is definitely wired into the league and has been an excellent investigative reporter. I wouldn't pooh pooh her opinions

Roman was the only non Rex guy on the team. Hes not going to fire his brother or one of his croanies. Now he's fully pregnant like he wanted. Unfortunately for him he's out of people to blame so what happens when we finish the season 6-10? Do we really subject ourselves to another year of this mess?

It was Rachel Nichols.

Obviously this was just her opinion, but it certainly is a plausible theory.

If it was done on purpose or not, it still created the consequence that there is no qualified coach on the team to take over, which means Ryan will likely not be fired during the season(unfortunately).

I don't think Roman is the only guy who could replace Rex on the Bills coaching staff. I don't even think he'd be the guy most appealing to the owners at this point. Moreover, if Lynn does a better job, Rex would foil his own plot by setting up a better successor to himself. In that sense, with how the offense was performing, Roman was Rex's best protection: "Fire Rex!" "Then who will take over? Roman? NoooooOOOOOoooo! He can't even manage the offense!"

I think there's a grain of truth in that it's true that Roman was the highest-ranking assistant who didn't move from New Jersey with Rex. I think that made him easier for Rex to fire than anyone else. But whether it was indeed Rex's call, or pushed by the Pegulas, I do think the highest probability is that Roman was fired for failing to meet expectations that were laid down for him after last season as to expected changes in offensive performance and game management.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

The girl is Rachel Nichols. She is a former Washington Post sports columnist and stars on ESPN's show The Jump. She's been on ESPN's football and basketball coverage for quite a while. She is definitely wired into the league and has been an excellent investigative reporter. I wouldn't pooh pooh her opinions

Pic?

I don't think Roman is the only guy who could replace Rex on the Bills coaching staff. I don't even think he'd be the guy most appealing to the owners at this point. Moreover, if Lynn does a better job, Rex would foil his own plot by setting up a better successor to himself. In that sense, with how the offense was performing, Roman was Rex's best protection: "Fire Rex!" "Then who will take over? Roman? NoooooOOOOOoooo! He can't even manage the offense!"

I think there's a grain of truth in that it's true that Roman was the highest-ranking assistant who didn't move from New Jersey with Rex. I think that made him easier for Rex to fire than anyone else. But whether it was indeed Rex's call, or pushed by the Pegulas, I do think the highest probability is that Roman was fired for failing to meet expectations that were laid down for him after last season as to expected changes in offensive performance and game management.

I'm surprised Chris Palmer wasn't also fired. He has no ties to Rex. Roman brought him with him from SF. He's been a head coach and offensive coordinator but let's promote the guy with no OC experience.

I believe I called this last week, Rob must have tipped Rex off after reading my post. I think I at least deserve a "Thank You" . . .

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:27 PM

billsfan714, on 11 Sept 2016 - 4:59 PM, said:snapback.png

My 2 cents

1. The horrendous clock management again was troubling

2. RBs need to stop trying to bounce every play outside

3. CBs gave too many soft cushions

4. OL was pretty bad

5. No deepshots enough said about that.

6. The receiving corp is Watkins, Woods and a TJ Graham clone, late round draft choices and street FAs....depth is terrible

7. Romans game plan was about as bad as you can do.

8. Rex has 15 games left in his career as head HC

7. Romans game plan was about as bad as you can do.

8. Rex has 15 games left in his career as head HC

I see a conspiracy here, call a rotten game, get Rex fired by midseason?

What's a scapegoat? I have hear of "escape goat" before... But this is a new one!!!

You really didn't write this for all to read ??????

Sounds plausible enough. Who are you going to fire when given an ultimatum (another theory)? Your twin brother on the crappy defensive side of the ball, or the marginally better but still crappy OC with no ties to the family or your coaching circle? This ship is going down, Rex knows it, and we all do too. When Rex goes, so will his brother Rob, but Rex won't have to personally fire him.

I'm surprised Chris Palmer wasn't also fired. He has no ties to Rex. Roman brought him with him from SF. He's been a head coach and offensive coordinator but let's promote the guy with no OC experience.

but the guy with no experience is a Rex guy. that tells you everything you need to know... Rex is locking himself in for the season with the Roman firing. Now there is no one to replace him in-season. Smart by Rex. He's a salesman, if nothing else, to get Whaley and Pegs to go along with this.

What's a scapegoat? I have hear of "escape goat" before... But this is a new one!!!

Scapegoat is a biblical term. Two goats were part of the Yom Kippur rituals. All the sins of the people were ceremoniously placed onto the goat by a priest and then the goat was driven off into the wilderness, never to be heard from again. BTW, the scapegoat was the lucky one. The other goat got its throat slashed.