My 10 cents on week 2

BmarvB

The season is nowhere near over, but it's not off to a good start.

1) A reversal of roles this week. Offense somewhat showed up, defense couldn't stop running water if they turned off the faucet.

2) Defense put more pressure on their own CB's than they did on Fitz (what's a pass rush?)

3) Well at least we have a kick returner

4) Hi EJ :) Welcome back to the field Marquise

5) I like the go for it of 4th and short mentality, but you gotta make those in the 4th quarter
6) Hurry up offense means just that - HURRY UP!!!!

7) Revis island is sinking

8) We have a pair of deep ball sightings.

9) Was now the right time to fire Roman? Will the switch to Lynn make a difference? Only time will tell.

10) I don't see the Bills going 0-4. They're going to upset 1 of the next 2, but which one? (Yeah I said it, and no I'm not high).

1) A reversal of roles this week. Offense somewhat showed up, defense couldn't stop running water if they turned off the faucet.

2) Defense put more pressure on their own CB's than they did on Fitz (what's a pass rush?)

5) I like the go for it of 4th and short mentality, but you gotta make those in the 4th quarter

9) Was now the right time to fire Roman? Will the switch to Lynn make a difference? Only time will tell.

10) I don't see the Bills going 0-4. They're going to upset 1 of the next 2, but which one? (Yeah I said it, and no I'm not high).

10) You are most certainly high and in denial :nana:

Dont be fooled by the score, the offense definitely did not show up last night.

Last TD was against prevent who was letting them up the middle of the field. Take away that and Robey's fumble return and it's actually a 37-17 game.

Additionally, "bombing it out on broken plays" is not a real scheme or identity.

1) So two big plays makes up for the rest of the boring 2 yard gains? The offense was exactly what it's named after. OFFENSIVE! Down right disrespectful.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

LOL. I could see a really pissed off Bills team stunning the Pats or Cards. Probably the Pats.

I don't see that kind of competitive fire from these guys. That's one of the many problems we have. I find it hard to believe that they even are pissed. I think this board is probably more pissed than most of the players.

Last TD was against prevent who was letting them up the middle of the field. Take away that and Robey's fumble return and it's actually a 37-17 game.

Additionally, "bombing it out on broken plays" is not a real scheme or identity.

Exactly. The offense was putrid on Thursday. 2 big plays. We got doubled in time of possession. 1 defensive TD. I sound to be happier that Roman was canned. I believe his offense can have success in the nfl.......IF his OL is loaded with talent, a la his 49er teams. The right side of our line is dismal. Wood is so so. It's hard to run over the left side because DCs just load up on that side knowing the right side can be dominated by 2 guys (maybe even 1).

If they can't stop the Jets offence, i have no idea how they are going to stop arizonas and New Englands, even without brady

By getting better play out of our CBs. Both played their worst games as a pro last game IMO. I believe both Gilmore and Darby will step it up this week. Not saying we will win, as our offense may not be able to score, but I believe our defense is much better than we saw last week. Fits also played like Brady on Thursday. Palmer will be hard pressed to play as well as fitz did

Edited by NewEra

You can't take away plays that were made, IMO... But if you could, could you change a couple for me, like... The illegal forward pass, and maybe shift Scotty's kick a few feet to the left?

Serious question: is it just me or have the bills not been able to convert a 4th and short in about 25yrs?

I don't see that kind of competitive fire from these guys. That's one of the many problems we have. I find it hard to believe that they even are pissed. I think this board is probably more pissed than most of the players.

Its that type of fire that led to the Jets smackin the taste out of our team

I love the TBD thinking that some points are less important than others. In fact, some don't even count.

Bottom line, even though not playing well, the Bills have been within a TD in both games. If both sides of the ball can put in a decent performance, we got a really good chance to win.

We're going to go 0-4.

Embrace it.

This is how I see it, we keep hearing Rex is a players coach and the players love him and will go to commentary war(not field war) to get their point across. It

sort of like being at work and you sit in the break room for your eight hour shift and your boss comes by every hour just to see if you need anything so who wouldn't stand up for the guy

Sustained scoring drives that give the D a rest and a real two minute offense would go a long way.

+1000

I live in PA and had several coworkers ask me today about why we fired the OC when our D stunk it up.... I had to explain to them how the game went down.... Offense not sustaining drives, defense gassed... Hopefully this week we can put it all together- we will probably need to in order to compete with Arizona's squad

+1000

I live in PA and had several coworkers ask me today about why we fired the OC when our D stunk it up.... I had to explain to them how the game went down.... Offense not sustaining drives, defense gassed... Hopefully this week we can put it all together- we will probably need to in order to compete with Arizona's squad

This is a good way to put it. For some reason, people don't seem to realize that the bad offense put too much pressure on the defense.

People also don't seem to realize that for the past few seasons, Fitz has been pretty good for about four games, then he gets hurt and tired. That's when he starts making his infamous bad passes.