Chip Was Right About Shady

Madd Charlie

For me I think the player that let the team down the most over the first two weeks on offense is Shady. I'm really tired of him getting a free pass. He being paid like a star but hes more like a role player on this team he can not be counted on, on the ground for really anything in tough situations. I get why Philly got rid of him. He does not or is not able to just take 3 or 4 yards when its there and takes some big hits when he tries to bounce it out. Soon he will be limping around again and that will be his excuse to suck and sit out a few games this season. Karlos really let this team down he could have made a decent career for himself in this offense. Seems like Johnathan Williams has some potential as a grind it out back for this team but it may be mid season before Rex has the guts to play him regularly. #theresalwaysnextyear:(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not willing to evaluate any player under this moronic coaching staff.

O-line sucks,

D-line sucks,

QB sucks,

RB sucks,

Corners sucks

Special teams suck

With this much talent and this much suckage, the truth is we have the worst coaching staff in the league.

There should be no surprises about Shady McCoy. He is a declining running back in his 30's. The only people that bought into the McCoy hype don't understand the running back position, it's importance and the aging decline curve with running backs.

I think he just turned 28. But he is in major decline or doesn't give a crap. I'll go with both.

There should be no surprises about Shady McCoy. He is a declining running back in his 30's. The only people that bought into the McCoy hype don't understand the running back position, it's importance and the aging decline curve with running backs.

He's 28, but has a ton of mileage. No one would have been willing to pick up his salary other than us. This Oline doesn't block anyone either. We could have easily saved money, and sent anyone out there to get hit behind the line. Combine these two factors and that's why I didn't like the acquisition to begin with. At least we didn't lose anything of value in the trade.

Christ, he's the only bright spot in my book. He bounces it outside because our OL is a disaster. The offense is beyond boring, we make no attempt to spread the field and create any sort of mismatch. The guy has been the best player on offense period and has taken a beating doing it. How does Antonio Brown, Julio, Beckam and the list goes on and on get open or find ways too?

The guy is getting met in the backfield on almost every play.

In fact, he is getting met in the backfield and getting tackled there at times. You can't run block that poorly and expect to have success in the run game.

Then, when you have a run first offense that can't run the ball effectively it usually kills the entire offense.

What teams are doing now is stacking the box to keep Taylor in the pocket and make him throw to beat them and Buffalo isn't a pass first team with an experienced veteran QB!

Edited by Nihilarian

Come on promo, he's suppose to make them himself. Jeez.

He swears hes a star he should be able to do something. Would Thurman, Barry, AP or one of those guys do better with the pieces we have in place? Threat of a deep passing game to move the safety back and 5 returning starters on the oline? We led the league in rushing just last year right? Hes just a glorified CJ Spiller at this point although hes a slightly better blocker.

Edited by Dayzofglory

Shady doesn't seem to be in it for anyone other than himself. He dislikes contact, rarely lowers his helmet, and generally appears to be disinterested out there.

One of the problems with Whaley's approach to pro personnel is his discounting of character and football IQ.

IN whaley's defense, it is possible that he looked back at our checked past of High IQ and High Character players. I really don't want anymore Coy Wire's, John Digorgio's, Time Anderson's, Donald Jones's, etc.....

I'm not willing to evaluate any player under this moronic coaching staff.

O-line sucks,

D-line sucks,

QB sucks,

RB sucks,

Corners sucks

Special teams suck

With this much talent and this much suckage, the truth is we have the worst coaching staff in the league.

Talent? Let me name our supposedly good players. Taylor (QB with no leadership skills or ability to read a defense) Watkins (he can barely walk right now) Dareus ( Getting High) Incognito (no comment) Glenn (didn't play last night) McCoy (an aging RB) Darby (good rookie year, looked awful last night) Gilmore (no heart). Those are the only guys aside from the injured rookies who can be considered big talents. I don't get it when people say we have talent. We have zero talent at the linebacker position. Journeyman special teamer Alexander is starting for crying out loud. That being said, our coaching is terrible too. I don't disagree with that.

i think this may again prove to be a moment of Badol being correct in that shady and this scheme arent a great fit.

i mentioned in the felton thread that i thought feltons signing might have been poorly planned after the shady pickup but that they kept going with Plan A despite also getting Mccoy as a surprise change in route.

Shady doesn't seem to be in it for anyone other than himself. He dislikes contact, rarely lowers his helmet, and generally appears to be disinterested out there.

One of the problems with Whaley's approach to pro personnel is his discounting of character and football IQ.

I don't understand why personnel is linked to scheme. Buffalo drafted Spiller, yet Nix wanted a huge OL and actually bragged about the latter.

Now, a new GM trades for McCoy, yet their OL seems more suited for the power running game. It hurt last night not having a short yardage option.

This is only one example of not fitting personnel to scheme.

Talented and stupid. We've had many players like him before. Staying in bounds at the end of the first half to gain an extra 5 yards might have cost us 4 points.

This team is not without talent. But as usual, they don't have the football smarts to compete. And when you have a heaping mess of week old garbage that's been left out in the sun as your coaching staff, it means you lose more often than you win no matter who's on your roster.

Edited by QB Bills