Chip Was Right About Shady

Madd Charlie

We aren't opening many holes either.

yeah, I would say this is the major problem. People can get on Shady all they want, but when he has something to run through he hits it. His 24 yard run last night was great. And I believe another 30+ RB had a great week last week, oh, D. Williams for the Steelers. Then again, the Steelers have a great O-line and QB. We have neither.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady has been one of the few bright spots in the first two weeks. He's done great with the carries he's been given (few), he's made some great cuts/moves to get extra yards, and he's turned a few busted plays into positive yardage. You're mad because he gets met behind the line by defenders and gets tackled? Show me the holes he's missed please. He's done everything he can in this crap offense so far.

I don't understand why personnel is linked to scheme. Buffalo drafted Spiller, yet Nix wanted a huge OL and actually bragged about the latter.

Now, a new GM trades for McCoy, yet their OL seems more suited for the power running game. It hurt last night not having a short yardage option.

This is only one example of not fitting personnel to scheme.

in context of hearing that they got the call and all got excited and pulled the trigger fast --- im guessing that deep thought might not have gone into the move. simply "that guy is a playmaker, we need playmakers" instead of "who is he, how does he fit our system, and how will we adjust our plans if we pull the trigger"

i like shady, and i think he will have some success with us, but i think with a boom or bust passing game, its rough also having a boom or bust runner.

Shady has been one of the few bright spots in the first two weeks. He's done great with the carries he's been given (few), he's made some great cuts/moves to get extra yards, and he's turned a few busted plays into positive yardage. You're mad because he gets met behind the line by defenders and gets tackled? Show me the holes he's missed please. He's done everything he can in this crap offense so far.

ill say my commentary isnt that shady sucks, just that we arent maximizing synergy between the player and scheme

Christ, he's the only bright spot in my book. He bounces it outside because our OL is a disaster. The offense is beyond boring, we make no attempt to spread the field and create any sort of mismatch. The guy has been the best player on offense period and has taken a beating doing it. How does Antonio Brown, Julio, Beckam and the list goes on and on get open or find ways too?

Last year the rookie RG Miller was given a pass for getting owned on various occasions because he was a rookie learning the job.

What's OBD's excuse this year? A sophomore slump? At times he looks lost.

As for right tackle (and moving Glenn there) well i seriously doubt anyone that brings that up too the coaches would be laughed out of the room. This team since the day Whaley took pver has had o-line (and qb) problems. The left side is very

Good though. Big thanks to cogs.

How much production can be expected with the Bills running 48 and 50 plays respectively in the 1st two games? They are simply not on the field enough to expect any serious production. Matt Forte had 30 carries just last night because of their high rate of converting 3rd downs while the Bills have struggled mightily to keep drives going.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

ill say my commentary isnt that shady sucks, just that we arent maximizing synergy between the player and scheme

Wholeheartedly agree. We have not committed to the run at all. Roman's play calling has been predictable, as well.

How much production can be expected with the Bills running 48 and 50 plays respectively in the 1st two games? They are simply not on the field enough to expect any serious production. Matt Forte had 30 carries just last night because of their high rate of converting 3rd downs while the Bills have struggled mightily to keep drives going.

Truth. Good point.

But Shady doesn't really help with keeping drives going, so it's not like he's purely a victim of a bad offense rather than a participant in a poorly-conceived offense.

And in those limited plays he's seeing 8 or 9 in the box 90% of the time. Nothing wrong with Shady, his issues are the lack of a competent QB.

Edited by old school

Last year the rookie RG Miller was given a pass for getting owned on various occasions because he was a rookie learning the job.

What's OBD's excuse this year? A sophomore slump? At times he looks lost.

As for right tackle (and moving Glenn there) well i seriously doubt anyone that brings that up too the coaches would be laughed out of the room. This team since the day Whaley took pver has had o-line (and qb) problems. The left side is very

Good though. Big thanks to cogs.

Disaster was a strong word. But there is no cohesion, Wood is beyond overpaid and over hyped. Miller had a couple of nice blocks last night but is still learning the position. It's just dumbfounding how fast we are going backwards....but McCoy isn't the issue.

I don't understand why personnel is linked to scheme. Buffalo drafted Spiller, yet Nix wanted a huge OL and actually bragged about the latter.

Now, a new GM trades for McCoy, yet their OL seems more suited for the power running game. It hurt last night not having a short yardage option.

This is only one example of not fitting personnel to scheme.

Different issue. Whaley has no clue how to build a team. But that doesn't excuse McCoy's lack of heart.

And in those limited plays he's seeing 8 or 9 in the box 90% on the time. Nothing wrong with Shady, his issues are the lack of a competent QB.

There's nothing "wrong" with him. He's still a very good back. But:

1. He's almost certainly lost a step or two. That happens to the best of them by their late 20s after that many carries.

2. He's ill-suited to this Raiders 1971 style offense. That would require the 3 yards and a cloud of dust grinder combined with fast big-play guys.

How can you blame the line? There's only five of them and they have held up well and afforded Taylor time. Defenses are stacking the box with 7 or 8 guys and our idiot coaches keep calling running plays. And our wonderlic wunderkind QB (15/50 for those scoring at home) is either too dumb to audible into a pass play or isn't allowed to. What do you think is going to happen when you run into a brick wall? We support the Bills so we should all be experts on this, metaphorically speaking.

Tyrod looks indecisive and is not making his throws this year. Don't think McCoy is the problem, that said I wish they had more of a power running game up the middle instead of that stretch play left. Everyone knows that play is coming, its their only run set.

Edited by BaaadThingsMan