Saints release Spiller

Virgil

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, I was wrong about that. I thought that Payton would get the most out of him.

he looked like he had a little burst back, but once inactive last week he was done for.

i suspect he still wasnt picking up the scheme reliably more than a physical issue though.

I always liked CJ. But man. It was bizarre watching people so certain he'd ever have a season like 2012 again. A lot of us here knew his best days were behind him.

I don't think that his best days were behind him. He was a bad scheme fit with Marrone. He wasn't a guy on his last legs like Freddie. There still aren't a lot of miles on Spiller. Something isn't adding up but the speed and quickness is still there. He just can't play football.

he looked like he had a little burst back, but once inactive last week he was done for.

i suspect he still wasnt picking up the scheme reliably more than a physical issue though.

Agreed

I don't think that his best days were behind him. He was a bad scheme fit with Marrone. He wasn't a guy on his last legs like Freddie. There still aren't a lot of miles on Spiller. Something isn't adding up but the speed and quickness is still there. He just can't play football.

he scored single digits in the wonderlic and seemed to take awhile to get the scheme in buffalo.

im guessing he wasnt getting the complexity of the saints offense and they werent waiting around for him.